PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mineral Wells,

injuredinmelee
08-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Welcome to 3A. For a great just dropped from 4A crow recipe please google Brownwood Booster Club Cook Book.

garciap77
08-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Welcome to 3A. For a great just dropped from 4A crow recipe please google Brownwood Booster Club Cook Book.

LOL

Z-RO
08-27-2010, 10:45 PM
I was at the Graham/MW game....both teams are horrible

Tin Cup
08-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Dear injuredinmelee,

Please don't ever compare MW to Brownwood LOL :D

Rocket
08-27-2010, 10:58 PM

Come and get some of the 2010 Recipe...

bigwood33
08-27-2010, 11:20 PM
What was the final ?

Z-RO
08-27-2010, 11:30 PM
MW 9 Graham 10

mwrams
08-27-2010, 11:34 PM
nO HE IS WRONG IT WAS A GOOD GAME HE WAS HORRIBLE!

Z-RO
08-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by mwrams

If that makes you feel better, but I promise you that this game was one of the boringest games between two mediocre teams that I have seen in a LONG time.

Z-RO
08-27-2010, 11:40 PM

Furthermore, you have never meet me so how can you say that I was horrible? :confused:

mwrams
08-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Don't have a home team to root for?

Z-RO
08-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Nope I am a bad wagon fan :p Of course I guess that is better then being a Mineral Wells fan. :D

BaseballUmp
08-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Can't just be a fan of the game?

mwrams
08-27-2010, 11:49 PM
In reality, both defenses looked good. Graham's all state receivers were not a factor in this one. The Rams had a questionable fair catch called back that good have changed the outcome. Seems to always come down to special teams and kicking in close games.
Sounds to me like he is jealous? Until someone Knocks the @#$% out of them, The Graham Steers are still a defending State Finalist!

mwrams
08-27-2010, 11:57 PM
I sat behind legendary Coach Chuck Curtis ( I believe he has four State Titles...) and he stated it was a good game. He said Mineral Wells was the better team except where it counted...at the end of regulation. I don't recall him saying both teams were mediocre.

Z-RO
08-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Can't just be a fan of the game?

:clap: :iagree:

Jealous? I am upset I spent $5 to watch that game! MW needs to keep the ball in #1's hands and until they find a way to do so they are going to struggle on offense. There QB does not make very good decisions either. Oh and it wasn't a fair catch that moved the chains back it was a holding call on the return.

Grahams OL is a weak point, and any WR without the #20 on his jersey just isnt that impressive. Their secondary will get toasted next week against the wood.

MW will get better (no doubt they out played Graham), but don't look for them to upset Bridgeport for the district crown.

Z-RO
08-28-2010, 12:01 AM
I sat behind legendary Coach Chuck Curtis ( I believe he has four State Titles...) and he stated it was a good game. He said Mineral Wells was the better team except where it counted...at the end of regulation. I don't recall him saying both teams were mediocre.

I am sure he wouldnt tell you "Hey your team sucks" either.

Anyways this is stupid to be "arguing" about ill leave you to bask in your glory after I stop posting in this thread lol.

theoldoaktree
08-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
:clap: :iagree:

Jealous? I am upset I spent $5 to watch that game! MW needs to keep the ball in #1's hands and until they find a way to do so they are going to struggle on offense. There QB does not make very good decisions either. and it wasn't a fair catch that moved the chains back it was a holding call on the return.

Grahams OL is a weak point, and any WR without the #20 on his jersey just isnt that impressive. Their secondary will get toasted next week against the wood.

MW will get better (no doubt they out played Graham), but don't look for them to upset Bridgeport for the district crown.

im pretty sure that you have no clue what your talking about.. and umm i think that bridgeport and graham are in different districts.. your an idiot. if you want to mouth then at least know what your talking about..

Z-RO
08-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by theoldoaktree
im pretty sure that you have no clue what your talking about.. and umm i think that bridgeport and graham are in different districts.. your an idiot. if you want to mouth then at least know what your talking about..

I am sorry but I just had to chime in one last time. PLEASE READ before you respond. BRIDGEPORT and MW are in the SAME DISTRICT...sheesh. Its called reading comprehension :thinking: I analyzed both teams from my opinion and told the MW poster that they will not beat B-port...how hard was that to understand? :doh:

But if it makes you feel any better, B-port is going to kick Grahams butt as well. :D

You two have a good evening.

theoldoaktree
08-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I am sorry but I just had to chime in one last time. PLEASE READ before you respond. BRIDGEPORT and MW are in the SAME DISTRICT...sheesh. Its called reading comprehension :thinking: I analyzed both teams from my opinion and told the MW poster that they will not beat B-port...how hard was that to understand? :doh:

But if it makes you feel any better, B-port is going to kick Grahams butt as well. :D

You two have a good evening.

sorry im not as good as you at reading posts.. my bad.. but go ahead and keep mouthing the steers and it will just fire them up to play better! its the first game there will obviously be screw ups. they will be fixed. anyway you have a good evening as well!

bwdlionfan
08-28-2010, 01:04 AM

When was MW ever good in 4A?

BaseballUmp
08-28-2010, 01:20 AM
sorry im not as good as you at reading posts.. my bad.. but go ahead and keep mouthing the steers and it will just fire them up to play better! its the first game there will obviously be screw ups. they will be fixed. anyway you have a good evening as well!
Haha Im not sure one mans opinion will fire up an entire team...especially someone on here :p

DParker
08-28-2010, 01:21 AM
1985 - with the great Henry Anders

mwrams
08-28-2010, 06:43 AM
and again in 2005 with RB Kelvin Thompson. Beat Aledo that year.

garciap77
08-28-2010, 09:30 AM

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-016.gif

Cameron Crazy
08-28-2010, 09:47 AM
I was not at the game but I did hear that both teams played well, it was the first game of the year so you can expect them to be sluggish and not really in the swing of things.

squid
08-28-2010, 09:54 AM
well I wasnt at the game and couldnt care less about either team. But I can assure you that both teams deserve a heartly pat on the back and an award for participation because:

http://www.savoymusic.com/images/everyones%20a%20winner.jpg

Tin Cup
08-28-2010, 09:58 AM
If Graham scores 10 against Brownwood they will lose by 40 :D

I'm sure both teams will be fine this year Graham just lot too much to be a serious threat imo

Deuce
08-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Was at the game and will say both teams looked very mediocre. Graham had missed tackle after missed tackle, and the offense just never got out of the gate. They have alot of work ahead of them before next week. I will say that Graham does have other good receivers besides #20, they just never had a chance to show it. Overall a pretty bad game, but it was the first of the year. I do remember watching the first couple of games last year thinking that we had no shot to go anywhere, so hopefully i will be proved wrong again.

Rocket
08-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey Graham..

Come and get some. We are ready for ya.

#1 TEXAN
08-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Watch what you wish for rocket dont look at next week like it graham is gonna show up and play like they did last nigh.

theoldoaktree
08-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Mineral wells was not the better team in the game last night at all.

bwdlionfan
08-28-2010, 12:47 PM
and again in 2005 with RB Kelvin Thompson. Beat Aledo that year.

Oh yeah that year ya'll beat Aledo. Sorry, winning one game against a worthy opponent doesn't make you a strong 4A football team, not even for that season. I remember when MW was in our 4A district. You could always anticipate the games against Mineral Wells and Joshua being 40 point victories.

Heck Aledo lost 6 games that year... probably the worst team Aledo has fielded in over a decade. MW was 8-3 that year playing powerhouses like Comanche, Joshua, Brewer, a Hirschi team that went 0-10, and a Cleburne team that hadn't won a game in 2 seasons and was under a brand new head coach.

mwrams
08-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Yes, you are right! We beat Joshua in 05' 40-7 LOL.
Why is everyone so hell bent on bashing Mineral Wells?
We may not have the best athletes in Texas, but they are our athletes none the less.
At least we have played fair over the years without recruiting and being fortunate enough to have a few all state move ins that appear out of nowhere.
Although that would be nice!
As for last nights game,
We keep the score close against a previous state finalist and all of a sudden Graham is accused of being on par with Diamond Hill. Worst team they have fielded in years against a terrible Mineral Wells team.
Having faced the likes of Aledo, The Ville, Everman and Birdville the past few years we have seen a few very good teams and Graham was a worthy opponent. Hats off to the Steers for a stout defensive performance. We at Mineral Wells will make some noise in 7-3A. We may get blown out against Argyle next week but at least we won't back down. And keep this in mind Bridgeport and Decatur...we play Basketball pretty good around here and we were the Class 4A District 6 Track & Field Champions... So bash on if you feel you have too!

bwdlionfan
08-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Yes, you are right! We beat Joshua in 05' 40-7 LOL.
Why is everyone so hell bent on bashing Mineral Wells?
We may not have the best athletes in Texas, but they are our athletes none the less.
At least we have played fair over the years without recruiting and being fortunate enough to have a few all state move ins that appear out of nowhere.
Although that would be nice!
As for last nights game,
We keep the score close against a previous state finalist and all of a sudden Graham is accused of being on par with Diamond Hill. Worst team they have fielded in years against a terrible Mineral Wells team.
Having faced the likes of Aledo, The Ville, Everman and Birdville the past few years we have seen a few very good teams and Graham was a worthy opponent. Hats off to the Steers for a stout defensive performance. We at Mineral Wells will make some noise in 7-3A. We may get blown out against Argyle next week but at least we won't back down. And keep this in mind Bridgeport and Decatur...we play Basketball pretty good around here and we were the Class 4A District 6 Track & Field Champions... So bash on if you feel you have too!

Just tryin to stir it up a little the way we had it when we dropped down. Anytime there's a 4A drop down to 3A they get have to hear about it on here. Relax, we still hear about it after 3 seasons. I do hope you guys do well this year, I like the town of Mineral Wells... spent some time there this summer at the state park. It's a nice little town.

mwrams
08-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Thank you BWD Lion fan for the KUDOS.
At least we had the honor of being the last team Gordon Wood beat while coaching the Lions. 1985 playoff. We were ahead on penetrations and then we miss the Extra point.

Z-RO
08-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Mineral wells was not the better team in the game last night at all.

If MW had a better QB it would have been a blowout IMO

BullsFan
08-29-2010, 12:21 AM
And keep this in mind Bridgeport and Decatur...we play Basketball pretty good around here and we were the Class 4A District 6 Track & Field Champions... So bash on if you feel you have too!

Bash on? Dude, I don't think there's been a single poster from Bridgeport or Decatur either one in this thread. But if you want to start stirring the pot, feel free. Personally I prefer letting the boys say it on the field.

garciap77
08-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Come and get some of the 2010 Recipe...

Shut up! And go get LED and I some more hot wings!!! :D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHootersManWorkingatHooters.jpg

:D

:p

;)

NateDawg39
08-29-2010, 04:58 AM
And keep this in mind Bridgeport and Decatur...we play Basketball pretty good around here and we were the Class 4A District 6 Track & Field Champions... So bash on if you feel you have too! Ahh good im glad yall have a sport you can score more than 10 points in :)

And as far as track is concerned. Decatur and B Port routinely run against 4A and 5A programs and do quite well.

BullsFan
08-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
And as far as track is concerned. Decatur and B Port routinely run against 4A and 5A programs and do quite well.

Not to mention Decatur's history of winning state championships in cross country.

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Shut up! And go get LED and I some more hot wings!!! :D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHootersManWorkingatHooters.jpg

:D

:p

;) Rockets the worst Hooters girl ever!!!:D

#1 TEXAN
08-29-2010, 03:48 PM
If MW had a better QB it would have been a blowout IMO

If Graham had a QB that could get #20 and #8 the ball it would have been a blow out!

Rocket
08-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN
If Graham had a QB that could get #20 and #8 the ball it would have been a blow out!

And you think Brownwood and Mineral Wells are on the same level? You predict a close Brownwood win? LOL If Graham's QB is not very good, they are dead meat this Friday night...

steerz2010
08-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by #1 TEXAN
and two Offensive Tackles.....

Z-RO
08-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by steerz2010
and two Offensive Tackles.....

I agree with this statement....but I think the QB will be ok with more experience. Depending on what Iowa Park does under Ponder Graham may just finish 3rd in that district.

mwrams
08-29-2010, 06:26 PM
If the Rams had sent in #20 at QB it would have been a blow out. #'s 1, 10, 23, 45, 88 & 80 would have been in the end zone all night long.

LE Dad
08-29-2010, 06:34 PM
If the Rams had sent in #20 at QB it would have been a blow out. #'s 1, 10, 23, 45, 88 & 80 would have been in the end zone all night long. :doh:

Z-RO
08-29-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't know about that, but #1 was a play maker for sure...like I said earlier in the thread he just didn't get enough touches.

steerz2010
08-29-2010, 08:12 PM
If the Rams had sent in #20 at QB it would have been a blow out. #'s 1, 10, 23, 45, 88 & 80 would have been in the end zone all night long.
if we hadnt had 5 subs on defense no one would have been in the endzone at all :doh:

Bull_Guy
08-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Alot of excuses cming from both teams... This kinda makes me look forward to playing both of yall this year!

SOONER09
08-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Alot of excuses cming from both teams... This kinda makes me look forward to playing both of yall this year! +1:)

Z-RO
08-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Alot of excuses cming from both teams... This kinda makes me look forward to playing both of yall this year!

Both will be blowouts

#1 TEXAN
08-29-2010, 10:28 PM

They will be lucky to all get in the endzone just once this year!

Ragin Red
08-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
And you think Brownwood and Mineral Wells are on the same level? You predict a close Brownwood win? LOL If Graham's QB is not very good, they are dead meat this Friday night...

well rocket we will see how ya'll take it next season when the bwdlions are mediocre without Yall's # 1 reciever. Granted yall will be very good this year and there is no doubt about it.