duckpluck
08-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Panthers Rushing Yards
Brandon Corn 189
Johnny Johnson 157
Zach Leget 131

LHexPlayer
08-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Congrats Panthers! The team showed a lot of improvement from the scrimmages. This is a good sign for us. I was impressed with so many kids I can't mention them all. Great job guys!

Rouse was a pretty good team for not having seniors. They were probably a good middle of the road 3a team. They may struggle in that 4a district but they should play hard. Good luck to the Raiders the rest of the way.

ccmom
08-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Congrats to the Purple and Gold!!!:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2010, 07:06 AM
The team did really well last night! I'm so proud of ALL of them. I know there were some folks worried about all the kids that were out, but the TEAM did great overcoming! That "thing" that was largely missing last year is back. :cheerl: :cheerl:

Thunderstruck Tough - It's an ATTITUDE!

duckpluck
08-28-2010, 07:24 AM
I think the Panthers were without 5 starters last night.

Also, I like the new horn.

BwdLion_80
08-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Great Job Panthers!!!!! Good Luck next week.

LH_Tuff
08-28-2010, 07:27 AM
The black pants looked pretty cool too. Good job panthers. Now go get some turkey!!

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck

And the kicker! I thought the 3rd string QB did a good job, especially considering he had zero "Friday night" experience before last night. :)

LHPD did a good job jazzing up the horn, didn't he? :inlove: And Richard had a blast being in charge of blowing it. :)

K-MAC Chuck
08-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck

Starting QB Blake Thompson - OUT
Starting FS (free safety) Cody Turner - OUT
Starting OLB TJ Hillman - OUT (for the season, ouch)
Backup QB and backup FS Kyle Hester - OUT

I thought Morgan Amthor and Jadon Boatright, a sophomores, did a GREAT job stepping up and stabilizing the LH secondary against a team that runs the Spread offense.

And I agree too - LH Panther Dad did a great job re-vitalizing The Horn. Nice job Malcom!

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Starting QB Blake Thompson - OUT
Starting FS (free safety) Cody Turner - OUT
Starting OLB TJ Hillman - OUT (for the season, ouch)
Backup QB and backup FS Kyle Hester - OUT

Taylor Howe - OUT

LH_Tuff
08-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Taylor Howe - OUT

Anyone know how Avery Sims is? Looked pretty bad.

LHexPlayer
08-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
The black pants looked pretty cool too. Good job panthers. Now go get some turkey!!

I agree I loved the new uniforms.

LHexPlayer
08-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck

I thought Morgan Amthor and Jadon Boatright, a sophomores, did a GREAT job stepping up and stabilizing the LH secondary against a team that runs the Spread offense.

I too was impressed with these two. They both have really improved on defense over the first few weeks. Jadon is playing much faster now. It seems that he is more comfortable with what he is doing and is not having to think constantly about where he should be lining up. He is just playing ball and having a lot of fun. The thing about last night I loved that Jadon did was have a short memory on a bad play. He had one play that he gave up a long pass on. He might have thought the safety should have been there on the post route. It lead to Rouse's first touchdown. But Jadon put it behind him by catching the ensuing kickoff and taking it to about the 48 yard line. That really made up for a bad play. I was really impressed with him last night.

The team overall looked to be having a great time and they got some of their swagger back last night.

runtowin
08-29-2010, 08:03 AM
tackling must improve and the offense must score when given the opportunities. defensively the second half was much better than the first they did a great job with adjustments, coverage and tackling. 3 backs over 125 yards was impressive, should have scored more!