PDA

View Full Version : Will Sinton beat Burnet ?

bc 76
11-27-2002, 04:20 PM
Can Sinton beat burnet yes.On offense they will have to be balanced,establish a good running game be able to control the clock keeping the ball away from there offense ,don't give them good feild position,and a good kicking game.On defense go after the qb stephen mcgee put a lot of pressure on him.The players that hurt wharton the most were the big te templeton & qb mcgee,the running back did have alot of yds on wharton but the the passes to templeton were very key catches.To me the qb mcgee makes everything happen for this team what makes him tough is he is so poised and takes control of the offense.If Sinton can do this then they can beat burnet.

dawgfan1212
11-27-2002, 04:31 PM
well if Shipley gets better and plays like usual games burnet will definatly win. Just like the paper said- Jordan Shipley - only a clone could cover him.
.........McGee......Shipley........touchdown

sinfan75
11-27-2002, 04:46 PM
And be patient.Don't get antsy if you're not gettin 15-20 yds. a pop.Get 1st downs and score tds.Wear the D down and the big plays will come.

bc 76
11-27-2002, 05:00 PM
Sinton 75 thats the only way to you can do it.Thats why i felt that wharton should have done this not get inpatient with the running game it would have been there.If your running backs are avg.10yds a carry run the ball.What kind of defense does sinton run,the only way to beat burnet offense is play more of an attack type of defense if the lbs are more aggresive than whartons lbs then they can shut down burnets running & passing game.

sinfan75
11-27-2002, 05:01 PM
dawgfan1212:
well if Shipley gets better and plays like usual games burnet will definatly win. Just like the paper said- Jordan Shipley - only a clone could cover him.
.........McGee......Shipley........touchdownI haven't seen Shipley play and obviously he's a very good player.But I don't believe he's so good that he'll score every time he touches the ball.Despite what happened last week,Sinton has a VERY good defense.A lot of people on are thinkin Burnet will score 40 or more points.I don't see em scorin more 21 points.I think Sinton wins this one 29-21.

sinfan75
11-27-2002, 05:09 PM
Sinton runs 4-4 D.They're not afraid to send the LBs after the QB.So I believe if Burnets gonna do alot of passin,them boys are comin.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2002, 05:56 PM
Burnets offensive line looked great in that one game i saw them in. If the pirates comes after them in defense they might be able to disrupt the offensive line. Both teams seem to be able to adjust during the game so it might work for a while. GO P I R A T E S! Dont let the dawgs out!

espn1
11-27-2002, 06:11 PM
The quickest way for Sinton to get destroyed is if they send in the Calvary. You can't beat Burnet by the blitz.

Mr.Wut It Do
11-27-2002, 07:39 PM
People are tending to forget that Sinton coaches have called and coached in games to the magnitude or greater one than this game so they will know when to bring the dawgs and not...IF you Sinton people remember when we lost 14-0 to Bandera two years ago they year Alaniz was sidelined with an injury, they (Bandera) had a receiver who reminds me very much of Shipley (except Blount was more offensive while Shipley plays alot more and causes things to happen) and if i remember correctly Blount had two cathes for 23 yards so coach Mitchell has faced someone similar and I know for a fact have things to disrupt the PASSING and running game...didnt say stop but cause Burnet to see things that they havent seen or things that they havent done to them in a while so trust me ...Its not gonna be a BLOWOUT!!

espn1
11-27-2002, 08:01 PM
I'm not as optimistic as you. I don't think it will be a blowout. I think Sinton might score. I just hope nowbody is injured for the Jasper game. I have to say Wharton looks to cover the pass better than Sinton. Based on film.

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-27-2002, 08:15 PM
I hear that shipley is hurt,this is a fact I was there sat. when he got hurt he is tough but he is hurt. look for miller to run up the middle,more than ever. look for timpulton in the flats. if you are going to put pressure on the q.b. your d better stay in coverage. do not arm tackle magee rap up.use your quickness on D.in the red zone burnet will hold up the ball carrier and strip the ball this is also a fact! punt to shipley he is hurt!this team is well coached,they will make adjustments you better do the same.

sinfan75
11-27-2002, 08:18 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think Sinton has faced Real passin.They've played teams that air it out but usually because they can't run the ball.I can't wait to see how it all works out.La Copa Field Services Will definetly be San Marcos Saturday!Little BIG boss was an offensive lineman for SWT in the early 90's.He's all excited about goin back to his old pancakin grounds.

bulldawg89
11-27-2002, 08:30 PM
Yes, it is true that Shipley was hurt... But it didnt stop him from cathing a 40 yd pass for TD a while after his hit. The advantage that Burnet has, is that they have sooooo many athletes to fall back on. If Sinton stops the passing, well then there goes Miller. If they stop Miller, there goes Levens. If they stop levens, there goes Warner for a catch. If they stop all that, well they got Mcgee who can scramble, run, and throw a mile.

SintonFan
11-27-2002, 09:01 PM
You gotta admire that Burnet confidence! :D
Hehe, you gotta admire that Sinton confidence! :D
Gonna be a barn burner!!!

spaniard
11-27-2002, 09:04 PM
SintonFan:
You gotta admire that Burnet confidence! :D
Hehe, you gotta admire that Sinton confidence! :D
Gonna be a barn burner!!!yesssir, it surely is
eek!

horndawg
11-27-2002, 09:43 PM
Shipley didnt get hurt on the punt return hit, if that is what you are referring to. He hurt his foot. Could be broke. I would be suprised if he plays Sat.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2002, 09:43 PM
nobody from sinton has came out and said u cant stop this and u cant stop that, we'll just let u ya'll see it on saturday. :D Go La Copa Field Services they will be there and maybe even the roach :D

espn1
11-27-2002, 09:53 PM
It's not broken and he will play Sat.

Colt42
11-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Shipley is far from hurt. If your referring to the hit he took on the punt return, then yeah he took a pop but who doesnt and later in the game scored on a 40yder. And his foot isnt broken the week before Wharton he had an ingrown toenail removed thats why he didnt kick as usual against Wharton. He'll be there Sat. at 110% so be ready.

Bulldog_fan_9
11-27-2002, 10:34 PM
BC76, you need to get your stuff straight before you start talkin about burnet. If you do stop shipley, like Wharton Semi-did then wwe will send Miller. Oh and by the way. Miller had 255 yds. on 23 carries against Wharton. Just to let you know. It is gonna be a great game but my money is on Coach Shiply and the Dawgs. Dawgs by 10.

SintonFan
11-27-2002, 10:59 PM
Some of you need to see the night of 1000 post from yours truly "SintonFan". I sense there's some unranked people on THIS post! Hehe, a shameless post, for sure! :D :D :D