pirate4state
08-27-2010, 08:51 PM
19-0 caldwell @ half

pirate4state
08-27-2010, 10:42 PM
final???

Global Swarming
08-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Final score was 26-0 Caldwell. The Hornets looked pretty good tonight on both sides of the ball.

CHS_CG
08-27-2010, 10:46 PM
26-0 Caldwell FINAL!

~P4S I sent you text messages did you not get them?

pirate4state
08-27-2010, 10:47 PM
good deal. i know chs_cg & her mom are happy!

BrahmaMom
08-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Ouch! Painful loss for the Brahmas, congrats to the Hornets. The Bulls seemed sluggish and lacked the cohesiveness we saw in scrimmages. Didn't see the chatter and communication, either. It is okay, Brahmas. Break down the film, learn from the mistakes and let's get after it next week! Congrats to Pouncy for an excellent game. C'mon Bulls, let's brush ourselves off and get ready for next week! One game at a time! GO BRAHMAS!!!!

track33
08-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Final score was 26-0 Caldwell. The Hornets looked pretty good tonight on both sides of the ball.
HORNETS! Look pretty good. The defense was string tonite. The refs made several bad calls in this game that cost the Hornets some TDs. The Hornets running backs are really good. The score should have been 48 to 0. Hornets must work on offensive line and the middle of the defensive line. Overall good job.

The Ravens
08-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by track33
HORNETS! Look pretty good. The defense was string tonite. The refs made several bad calls in this game that cost the Hornets some TDs. The Hornets running backs are really good. The score should have been 48 to 0. Hornets must work on offensive line and the middle of the defensive line. Overall good job.

I totally agree! The refs did make some bad calls. Good job Hornets! :D :D :D

Bull's-eye
08-28-2010, 03:23 AM
Congratulations to the Hornets! Bellville was no match for what seems to be a very good Caldwell team (at least I hope so). Refs did have a few confusing moments, but by no way did they cost Caldwell 22 points.

Bellville didn't look ready or prepared, several times the Caldwell offense would snap the ball before the Bellville defensive players were even set. I had just read in the Bellville Times that Caldwell uses a short huddle (close to the line of scrimmage), the Bellville coaches were aware of this, but the players were still caught napping on several occasions.

I was very pleased with our offensive play calling in the two scrimmages, but tonight's game plan was so vanilla that it turned the Bellville pants white. Bellville gained a total of 101 yards and made just 5 first downs. What happened to the crossing patterns to the TE? Screen plays? Bellville's famous cross buck reverse? Shot gun formation? Most of our passes barely went passed the line of scrimmage (I hate when teams don't throw down field). The one time Bellville went deep, the receiver missed by inches of catching a TD. I'm not sure why they did not come back with this play again. I know this team is running the I, but why didn't they use the shot gun formation on long passing downs?

Late in the game, Bellville had an opportunity to score. Coaches never called time out or tried any kind of hurry up offense. Even though the game was already decided, this is a situation where you can work on things that could help you in a future ball game. Another reason would be pride of not being shutout or just to give the team a moral victory. Just read where Bellville had a streak of 65 games dating back to 2004 in which they scored points in a game. Let's hope we start a new streak next week.

Spread It Out
08-28-2010, 07:04 AM
This loss is flat out embarrassing.

XMan
08-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Im thinking Bulls Eye should get certified so that he can take over and get the Bulls going again. He can clearly see all the mistakes the coaches made.

Pudlugger
08-28-2010, 07:47 AM
Hats off to the Hornets! Dang! Just Dang!:eek:

rancher
08-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Bull's eye, your analysis of the game is on the money. Something is lacking again on the offensive side of the ball that was the same as last year. The coaching staff had to scout and see the game tempo that Caldwell played, again poor game prep. I hope that a better game plan is put together this week. After watching the game last night a 2-8 season may be too optimistic.

Reds fan
08-28-2010, 08:09 AM
I'll agree that this score could have been n
much worse, Hornet fumbles and int's stopped a couple of drives.

Bull's Eye assessment is pretty accurate and complete. Only other thing that went wrong for Bellville was injury, one of their best went out early with a knee and seemed to deflate the team. Hope he's ok!

Also seemed to be a lot of cramping with Bellville players that I did not see with the Caldwell players.

Hope the Bulls can figure it out soon or it will be a long season.

MJMbrahmas10
08-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Knolls season is done is what I heard. Fell sorry for the young man.

Reds fan
08-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Knolls season is done is what I heard. Fell sorry for the young man.

Very sorry to hear. That was what I thought it looked like just from the demeanor of the coaches and players around him. Hope he recovers well.

XMan
08-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Terrible to hear about a season ending injury any time but especially during the first game.

rancher
08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
My prayers go out to him, hate to hear any young man experience an injury that may be with him for life. In my opinion with his speed and proper coaching the last two years, he could have been another Brant Goake.

beastyboyz
08-28-2010, 12:08 PM
is this years bellville team really that bad? i heard they werent as athletic as they have been the past few years...is the offensive play calling the same as it was last year? what defense are they running?...i really just want to kno whats going on...

Reds fan
08-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
is this years bellville team really that bad? i heard they werent as athletic as they have been the past few years...is the offensive play calling the same as it was last year? what defense are they running?...i really just want to kno whats going on...

They were last night :( .

Less athletic for sure and execution is a long way away from where a less athletic team will need to be. They looked flat and unprepared last night beginning with Caldwell's first play from scrimmage. Caldwell hit a long sideline pass for about 50 yards on their first play, catching Bellville pants down. Even after getting a couple of turnovers early Bellville could do nothing offensively. Play calling was a factor but may have been so with the early injury to Knoll.

RedStorm
08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Bellville doesnt have the same speed and talent as they have in recent years...and now with one of their most talented players out the season looks tough

muscatcannelli
08-28-2010, 04:19 PM
yea id have to agree that when knoll went out early the whole offense changed an wasnt able to do what they were capable of by passing him the ball an letting him run it and even pass it. from what i saw he started on everything but the feild goal squad, so thats a big loss for bellville. sad a young man's senior season was taken away from him and his chance to play college ball if he was going too. good luck to the brahmas the rest of the season an prayers for him

HornetMom
08-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
good deal. i know chs_cg & her mom are happy!
Yes we are. It was a great game for the Hornets. Hope the: Bellville player make a speedy recovery.

The Ravens
08-29-2010, 06:16 AM
Bellville just looked too "vanilla" :rolleyes:

BrahmaMom
08-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Bull's-Eye's evaluation is right on the money, darn it. We aren't done yet. Knoll's injury is unfortunate, been there done that. That said, the 2002 team picked itself up and went on deep into the play-offs.

Bull's-eye
08-29-2010, 02:00 PM
To all the Caldwell fans, I hope your team has a special season. I was touched by the pre-game ceremony and definitely feel your loss. I met Bernard several years ago (we are actually distant cousins) and have always enjoyed my visits to your fine community. Good luck for the remainder of the season! :)

BrahmaMom
08-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Sorry for your loss, Bull's Eye, and that of Caldwell with Bernard. I cried, so I can imagine those who knew and loved him are hurting.

Old Tiger
08-29-2010, 05:39 PM
I tried to tell yall Caldwell was going to be good this year.

Global Swarming
08-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks Bull's Eye and Brahma Mom. It just wasn't the same listening to someone else's voice over the PA. But Mr. Broadus used to be the PA announcer before Mr. Rychlik, so he wasn't exactly in unchartered waters. Thanks for what you said about our community. It might not have alot of bells and whistles to it, but I can't imagine living anywhere else.

Red Bull
08-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Wow! Bellville looked bad last Friday. I knew this was going to be rebuilding year and some had said the talent had dropped off, but I surely did not expect a 26-0 shutout. The Brahmas looked unispired from the get go and after Cody went down they just seemed to be out it it. I would have hoped they would have rallied around their fallen teammate, but they just didn't.

Bullseye, you are right on that they should have been prepared for the quicksnap for the freshman and JV squads did it as well on Thursday night. If my memory serves me correct Caldwell has done this for years and Bellville should have been better prepared. As I have said on this forum before, this will be a long, long season. Lets hope youth is served and some of the young kids get a shot to develop. By season's end hopefully we will have a look into the future.

OLE'BULL
08-30-2010, 07:58 AM
I hope immaturity/inexperience has alot to do with it. Not many of the starters saw significant action last year. Maybe it will take them a couple weeks to settle their nerves and they will be clicking when district comes around. Or maybe they wont and it will be a LOOONNNGGG season.

trg
08-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Good luck Bulls. Learn from this game and take what you have learned into Friday's game and get better. Let's take this season one game at a time and get better every week.

BrahmaMom
08-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey, folks, this was the first game. I expect if Knoll is out the rest of the season, he will still provide leadership. This team needs to cut loose and hit the ball carrier. But c'mon, to say it is going to be a long season at this point...That said, FIRE IN THE BELLY is what I am looking for, Bulls. These are players that never experienced the long winning records of old. How do you get that to them? I don't know. Expectations need to be sky high and then some, from the players...but the production has to be that high, too. Wishing just doesn't make it so. Talk the talk, but by God, WALK THE WALK! I know the coaches are on it, so let's give our Brahmas some time to regroup. Go BRAHMAS!

Bull's-eye
08-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I hope the Bellville coaches install the shotgun, much easier for the QB to read the defense on typical passing downs. They still have the option of running the ball, in fact one of their better plays during the last several seasons has been a delay draw from this formation.

BrahmaMom
08-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I think we can expect some adjustments, that's for sure.

Pudlugger
08-30-2010, 02:35 PM
It will be an interesting game this Friday when the Bulls match up with Lockhart. My take on Lockhart is that:
1. They are big
2. Qb Headspeth (sp) is going to be a good one when he gets more comfortable as qb after being moved there from wr this year. He has speed, size and a good arm.
3. The defense is better against the pass then the run. The Leps ran up the middle on the Lion D and if Bellville backs hit the holes fast they should be able to move down field.
4. The Lions had difficulty getting their punts off quickly and if the Bulls practice blocking punts this week they might get one or two blocked Friday.

Overall the Lions are a decent team and may make the play offs in 4A but like most teams early on they are making mistakes. If Bellville capitalizes on their opportunities they should win this game.

Bellville by 14.

duckhunter
08-30-2010, 04:34 PM
i hear Bellville is trying to create a new legal version of the A-11 offense? maybe that is why they came out last week looking flat?

RedStorm
08-30-2010, 05:33 PM
your not serious?

Bull's-eye
08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
i hear Bellville is trying to create a new legal version of the A-11 offense? maybe that is why they came out last week looking flat?

I just want to hear the Bellville announcer say "Bellville gains good yardage on a little cross buck action". Can they run that out of the A-11 offense?

BTW, Wayne Houston was one of the best at running that play. He wasn't fast like Madball or B. Harris, but he did a better job of breaking tackles & not easily tripped up going through traffic.

rancher
08-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Pudlugger, because you failed to see the Caldwell beat down of Bellville, you are too optimistic about the bulls. They are lacking in all phases of the game. I hope they surprise me, but this is year two of an anemic offensive system.

Pudlugger
08-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Maybe, but as I recall for the past several years the frosh and jv teams have gone pretty much uindefeated or have only lost a couple of games. Now those boys are varsity. Winning is what they are used to and I bet the coaches will tap into that. Just say'in.:cool:

BrahmaMom
08-31-2010, 11:31 AM
rancher, join me as a Brahma fan, win or lose. The offense needs to gain some steam, the defense needs to go for the throat, I get all that. But let's support our players. I've supported some great Bellville teams and I have hung in there with some poor ones. The great ones were a lot more fun, but I am still a fan. GO BULLS, Lock up Lockhart!

rancher
08-31-2010, 12:37 PM
I have been attending Bellville football games at the high school and junior high level since 94. I am a fan and supporter, but when something is very very wrong, Im not going to sugar coat it. Why not just tell the truth, something is very very wrong. If I remember correctly this current senior class did not lose a game in junior high or as freshman. The younger players are the same. Everyone around me at Caldwell was in complete agreement, Bellville suffered a beat down. I do support them, having attended 99% of the games since 94, the district gets plenty of my money at the gate as well through my propety taxes. However, I hate to see anything wasted, talent or my money. We will see Friday if things improve.

duckhunter
08-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I have been attending Bellville football games at the high school and junior high level since 94. I am a fan and supporter, but when something is very very wrong, Im not going to sugar coat it. Why not just tell the truth, something is very very wrong. If I remember correctly this current senior class did not lose a game in junior high or as freshman. The younger players are the same. Everyone around me at Caldwell was in complete agreement, Bellville suffered a beat down. I do support them, having attended 99% of the games since 94, the district gets plenty of my money at the gate as well through my propety taxes. However, I hate to see anything wasted, talent or my money. We will see Friday if things improve.

some people obviously have difference of opinions toward you rancher, but i sure do appreciate the honesty.

muscatcannelli
08-31-2010, 04:44 PM
I just got word that knoll will be back. Supposely it's just an MCL sprain an hell be back in a few weeks. In the mean time they need to keep gettin better so when he gets back they can make a run.

Bull's-eye
08-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Great news!

I noticed that the Bellville new OC wasn't wearing a headset. Is he not getting any help or input from the pressbox? I know some coaches like being on the field, but you can definitely see more from upstairs. A good OC needs to know if a DB is biting on certain routes or if a DE is not staying home. Might be the info needed to bust a big play.

rancher
08-31-2010, 05:33 PM
He could be just be calling the plays on the fly, what he thinks will work at the time. Headset and imput from above, he dont need no stinking headset.

GiddingsFan
08-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Word is Caldwell has a bunch of kids suspended.. when do they get to play? We have at least two transfers over here in Giddings.

duckhunter
08-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Great news!

I noticed that the Bellville new OC wasn't wearing a headset. Is he not getting any help or input from the pressbox? I know some coaches like being on the field, but you can definitely see more from upstairs. A good OC needs to know if a DB is biting on certain routes or if a DE is not staying home. Might be the info needed to bust a big play.

maybe he had one of those small little ear pieces like the secret service wear? ex- Clint Eastwood in the movie "In The Line of Fire"

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
Word is Caldwell has a bunch of kids suspended.. when do they get to play? We have at least two transfers over here in Giddings.

Football Players? Was this after the Bellville game?

tog
09-01-2010, 11:48 AM
who is the hc at bellville now?

Red Bull
09-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Rancher I am with you on one thing and that is every year we hear how these kids win district or go undefeated in junior high and as freshman. Why is this group so young now all of a sudden when they are juniors and seniors? I don't think Bellville is young. The better word would be inexperienced.

Also, I heard Cody K. had torn ACL and MCL and is definately out. For him I hope I heard wrong.

FBB, you heard anything? You seem to always be in the know.

Red Bull
09-01-2010, 12:10 PM
TOG, HC is Doug Foster. He is in his 2nd year at Bellville.

OLE'BULL
09-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Rancher I am with you on one thing and that is every year we hear how these kids win district or go undefeated in junior high and as freshman. Why is this group so young now all of a sudden when they are juniors and seniors? I don't think Bellville is young. The better word would be inexperienced.

Also, I heard Cody K. had torn ACL and MCL and is definately out. For him I hope I heard wrong.

FBB, you heard anything? You seem to always be in the know.

He has a sprained MCL, that is all. Should be back in a few weeks...

BrahmaMom
09-01-2010, 01:01 PM
We only have 7 seniors on this team, last year there were 27. Didn't seem to make a difference, but we have some young players. rancher, you and I usually agree and I have respect for you, I just think the boys need the support at this point. AND, they need to realize this is no longer Little League football, but FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS and they are playing for keeps! I don't try to armchair QB because I am just a mom. A mom who has watched 15 seasons of all levels of Brahma football. I want our boys hungry on Parents' Night, hungry for a win! GO BULLS!

duckhunter
09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
He has a sprained MCL, that is all. Should be back in a few weeks...

just my opinion but why would knoll risk coming back and playing this season much less only a few weeks after hurting his mcl....that is not an easy injury to come from not to mention he is risking an even more serious injury for what could possibly be a lost season for the brahmas. if he was my boy he would be rooting on his brahma brothers from the sideline the rest of the year

GiddingsFan
09-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Football Players? Was this after the Bellville game?

No it was after some prom party that the school suspended them from play... a party involving some drinking and the parents were at the house when alcohol was being provided. Apparently a bunch of players are suspended but I just want to know for how long..

Pudlugger
09-01-2010, 06:49 PM
This Thread is Dead!:rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-01-2010, 08:44 PM
just my opinion but why would knoll risk coming back and playing this season much less only a few weeks after hurting his mcl....that is not an easy injury to come from not to mention he is risking an even more serious injury for what could possibly be a lost season for the brahmas. if he was my boy he would be rooting on his brahma brothers from the sideline the rest of the year

Knoll is a good kid, some kids get hurt and are not able to return to play, this is his Sr year and he will get to come back and help the Brahmas, thats what a true Bellville Brahma would do. Their is always a risk in getting hurt. Good luck to Knoll get well fast!

duckhunter
09-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Knoll is a good kid, some kids get hurt and are not able to return to play, this is his Sr year and he will get to come back and help the Brahmas, thats what a true Bellville Brahma would do. Their is always a risk in getting hurt. Good luck to Knoll get well fast!

hopefully that is the case and he can make a full recovery and return to the field....might point is that it is never good to have an injury that could cause you problems the rest of your life.

MJMbrahmas10
09-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Well if that's the case whynwould anyone play foitball

duckhunter
09-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Well if that's the case whynwould anyone play foitball

you are missing my point. risk of injury is in anything. my point is if knoll or anybody for that matter has a serious knee injury or any kind of injury they shouldnt push themselves to come back early if they arent 100% just so they can play..... like i said hopefully he will recover in a couple weeks and be 100%. hes a big part of the brahma team. better to have him in district play fully recovered then have him play pre-district not fully healthy with a higher chance of re-injurying it. District is what matters. not to mention them brahmas are gunna need him on the hardtop to drain those threes come winter time

OLE'BULL
09-02-2010, 08:17 AM
A sprained MCL isn't the end all of knee injuries. With plenty of R & R (Rest and Rehab), he could return and help the Brahmas throughout the rest of the season. I have seen plenty of guys play with this injury, doesnt seem to slow them down too much if treated properly from the beginning. Missing your senior season is not to be taken lightly.

duckhunter
09-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
A sprained MCL isn't the end all of knee injuries. With plenty of R & R (Rest and Rehab), he could return and help the Brahmas throughout the rest of the season. I have seen plenty of guys play with this injury, doesnt seem to slow them down too much if treated properly from the beginning. Missing your senior season is not to be taken lightly.

well said

OLE'BULL
09-02-2010, 09:56 AM
well said

Thank you sir, I assume by your name you are counting down the days 'till the 11th? I have been scouting my lease in Garwood (next to Eagle Lake) and we have seen insane numbers.

BrahmaMom
09-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Knoll is a leader and knows what I expect of him. If he doesn't come back too soon, he can really help us in district play. Ole'Bull, you best be putting Brahma football before any hunting!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-03-2010, 08:02 AM
you are missing my point. risk of injury is in anything. my point is if knoll or anybody for that matter has a serious knee injury or any kind of injury they shouldnt push themselves to come back early if they arent 100% just so they can play.....

Who said anything about coming back early?

duckhunter
09-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Who said anything about coming back early? I was hypothetically speaking.