PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville at Aledo

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Woo hoo, cant wait to see this one tonight!!! Stephenville is gonna pull the upset (if you can call it that)

Pick6
08-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Aledo rolls in this one.

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Aledo rolls in this one.
Betcha ten bucks (or three beers at Clarks :D ) that Stephenville wins this ball game.

fresh-j
08-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Stephenvilles RB is most likely not gonna play, due to him becoming a father today :D. So it just went from the J gray vs J myles show, to the J Gray show, as usual :D

jason
08-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by fresh-j
Stephenvilles RB is most likely not gonna play, due to him becoming a father today :D. So it just went from the J gray vs J myles show, to the J Gray show, as usual :D i played golf tuesday with some stephenville isd folks and they mentioned that to me....just didnt want to post it...

Pick6
08-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Betcha ten bucks (or three beers at Clarks :D ) that Stephenville wins this ball game.

Clarks?? Your on...lol

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by jason
i played golf tuesday with some stephenville isd folks and they mentioned that to me....just didnt want to post it...
The Ville has another RB that is a stud, a Soph I think.

jason
08-27-2010, 08:28 AM
The Ville has another RB that is a stud, a Soph I think. the kid from aledo is a stud....

stephenville might have a backup but if miles doesnt play, stephenville gets rolled...

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 08:39 AM
the kid from aledo is a stud....

stephenville might have a backup but if miles doesnt play, stephenville gets rolled...
Stephenville is going to win this one, with or without Myles.
I think it will be close, real close but I can just feel it.

hollywood
08-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Stephenville will struggle to keep up with Aledo tonight. Passing game in question. Hoping for a good game but am having doubts.

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Stephenvilles D line is the real deal, Aledo lost some up front. Stephenville is going to force Aledo into doing something they dont like to do, throw the football. Stephenvilles D-Line will keep Gray in check tonight. Mark it down.

hollywood
08-27-2010, 08:57 AM
the kid from aledo is a stud....

The soph. will do fine. I see Jr. FS playing more RB tonight and getting more carries. He is a STUD. QB will have to have the game of his life or they will have to resort to the soph QB unless he played in the JV game last night.

DDBooger
08-27-2010, 08:59 AM
If Stephenville beats Aledo, I fret to think what LT will do to them. That said, I think Aledo rolls. I hope, I have them in my pick em. :devil:

hollywood
08-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Stephenvilles D line is the real deal, Aledo lost some up front. Stephenville is going to force Aledo into doing something they dont like to do, throw the football. Stephenvilles D-Line will keep Gray in check tonight. Mark it down.

Aledo losing some up front... I would think they gained some back as well. Stephenville lost some up front on the D-line. I see Gray getting lose quite a bit more than last years match up. To me, that's a wash. It's going to come down to how the QB's perform.

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Aledo losing some up front... I would think they gained some back as well. Stephenville lost some up front on the D-line. I see Gray getting lose quite a bit more than last years match up. To me, that's a wash. It's going to come down to how the QB's perform.
You sure? I thought Stephenville returned pretty much the entire D Line. I think your right, I think its going to be close but Stephenville will win this one unless they have some quirky things happen like they did last year.

jason
08-27-2010, 09:36 AM
just got the word...

stephenville rb had the baby last weekend so should be available to play tonight...

still think stephenville gets beat....

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 10:00 AM
just got the word...

stephenville rb had the baby last weekend so should be available to play tonight...

still think stephenville gets beat....
We bettin beers again? Lol. I take the ville.

Pick6
08-27-2010, 10:03 AM

Is he coming to Clarks for his beers...lol

hollywood
08-27-2010, 11:26 AM

Homer!:D :hand:

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Homer!:D :hand:
Haha, im not from Stephenville

Tin Cup
08-27-2010, 12:16 PM
I'll take the ville 23-21

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I'll take the ville 23-21
Nice pick sir!

garciap77
08-27-2010, 12:43 PM
The Ville!

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
The Ville!
Haha, now im getting some backers! Pick6/Jason, thats alot of beer! :D

hollywood
08-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Haha, now im getting some backers! Pick6/Jason, thats alot of beer! :D Hope Sville wins! It would be nice to knock off the #3 4A team in the state!:D

steerz2010
08-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Hope Sville wins! It would be nice to knock off the #3 4A team in the state!:D
speaking of things that will never happen :doh: :D :D
it would be nice to knock off the team that knocked off the #3 4a team :D :D :D

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by steerz2010
Ok ok, dont start getting me all excited about Stephenville/Brownwood. We still have two weeks to wait for that one! I cant wait to see it though!

Pick6
08-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Haha, now im getting some backers! Pick6/Jason, thats alot of beer! :D

Drove by Clark's at lunch time, was gonna stop and eat, then realized if I wait a few days I won't have to pay...lol

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Drove by Clark's at lunch time, was gonna stop and eat, then realized if I wait a few days I won't have to pay...lol
Lol, you are sooo wrong!

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 02:09 PM
BTW, you know if Aledo wins tonight im gonna have LHPM go back and delete all the evidence dont ya? :D

Pick6
08-27-2010, 02:13 PM
BTW, you know if Aledo wins tonight im gonna have LHPM go back and delete all the evidence dont ya? :D

So far you and midgets are just a rumor, don't make me break out the pics :D

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 02:26 PM
So far you and midgets are just a rumor, don't make me break out the pics :D
Ok, you win! I guess we shouldnt even consider the results of the game tonight, looks like im buying BBQ and beer either way:eek: :p

hollywood
08-27-2010, 02:37 PM

LOL. Yeah, I see the Steers a top contender this year!:rolleyes:

:D

Rocket
08-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Sville gets RickRolled tonight... They are nervous. Don't believe da hype.

Gsquared
08-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Sville gets RickRolled tonight... They are nervous. Don't believe da hype.
Now thats funny right there!

Sville
08-27-2010, 03:04 PM
The Jackets all the way boys!

Sville returns 8 on defense. They replaced one LB with a kid that started his soph year but tore his ACL last year in the 1st game against Aledo. The other two graduation losses were at DE. The new DEs will need to play good tonight as the Bearcats like to run the stretch play.

The Jackets return 8 on offense. They are replacing WR, TE, and RB/Slot. We have very good and big OL this year to go along with Myles. Mr. Myles broke several single season rushing records last year for Sville in 12 games. The passing game did struggle in the scrimmage last week against Granbury. The QB Washington went 1-9 in the first set of plays then 4-4 in the 2nd set with a TD, and then 3-6 in the simulated qtr. The passing game will definitely need to improve from that scrimmage.

I think the Sville offense will have an advantage over the Bearcat D. In last years playoff loss the Jackets out gained Aledo by nearly 200 yards. The difference is Aledo scored TDs on their redzone opportunities when we kicked FGs. Aledo lost 3 all-state players from that defense with only return 1 starter upfront.

I look for the Jackets to rack up the yards on the ground and own the TOP as they fight for a 7 point victory

hollywood
08-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Sville
The Jackets all the way boys!

Sville returns 8 on defense. They replaced one LB with a kid that started his soph year but tore his ACL last year in the 1st game against Aledo. The other two graduation losses were at DE. The new DEs will need to play good tonight as the Bearcats like to run the stretch play.

The Jackets return 8 on offense. They are replacing WR, TE, and RB/Slot. We have very good and big OL this year to go along with Myles. Mr. Myles broke several single season rushing records last year for Sville in 12 games. The passing game did struggle in the scrimmage last week against Granbury. The QB Washington went 1-9 in the first set of plays then 4-4 in the 2nd set with a TD, and then 3-6 in the simulated qtr. The passing game will definitely need to improve from that scrimmage.

I think the Sville offense will have an advantage over the Bearcat D. In last years playoff loss the Jackets out gained Aledo by nearly 200 yards. The difference is Aledo scored TDs on their redzone opportunities when we kicked FGs. Aledo lost 3 all-state players from that defense with only return 1 starter upfront.

I look for the Jackets to rack up the yards on the ground and own the TOP as they fight for a 7 point victory

Has fantasy football league started?

Sville
08-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Has fantasy football league started?

Nope I got the draft set for the Tuesday before the opening Thursday game.

Did you play with us last year?

steerz2010
08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
LOL. Yeah, I see the Steers a top contender this year!:rolleyes:

In our district! :D

hollywood
08-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Sville
Nope I got the draft set for the Tuesday before the opening Thursday game.

Did you play with us last year?

Just wondering.

The second team kinda hung in there. First team was watching replays of "down and dirty" while in the medics room.

hollywood
08-27-2010, 03:19 PM
In our district! :D

If you guys are lucky and get some calls your way.

hollywood
08-28-2010, 04:13 AM
Well, when was the last time Stephenville didn't score a touchdown in a game? WOW! Aledo's D didn't really look that impressive. Stephenville's O-line is beefy, but slow. Any team with a decent D-line will have success penetrating. The Jackets had opportunities, couldn't convert. Couldn't contain the blitz. Good luck next week against Wylie!

Matthew328
08-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Well, when was the last time Stephenville didn't score a touchdown in a game? WOW! Aledo's D didn't really look that impressive. Stephenville's O-line is beefy, but slow. Any team with a decent D-line will have success penetrating. The Jackets had opportunities, couldn't convert. Couldn't contain the blitz. Good luck next week against Wylie!

They didnt score a touchdown in their 2008 game against Everman...lost that one 50-6

Rocket
08-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Now thats funny right there!

Really? Pretty funny, huh...

Rocket
08-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Woo hoo, cant wait to see this one tonight!!! Stephenville is gonna pull the upset (if you can call it that)

That's a funny post right there! LOL

Rocket
08-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Hope Sville wins! It would be nice to knock off the #3 4A team in the state!:D

They may hang Gillespie after losing to Aledo, Wylie, and then Brownwood...LOL 2 3A's in a row? Bahahahahaha

Ranger Mom
08-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Sounds like G2 just needs to buy a keg!

Pick6
08-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sounds like G2 just needs to buy a keg!

+ a 6pack of Diet dp...lol

hollywood
08-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
They didnt score a touchdown in their 2008 game against Everman...lost that one 50-6

True. 2 yrs. This was a little different. QB went out of game with concussion in2008. No injuries in this one.