PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs. Rouse

LHexPlayer
08-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Liberty Hill, still rebuilding, will take on a 4a team in Rouse that has no seniors. Rouse had a good scrimmage last week against 5a Harker Heights. Historically speaking Rouse's JV has beaten Liberty Hill's JV the last two years. The first year with only freshman on the team. The second year with freshman and sophomores and from what I understand beat Liberty Hill's JV pretty bad.
How will this all play out this year with Rouse having a first year varsity team? Only time will tell. But I think the Panthers will have their hands full come Friday night. And if they lose to a Rouse team with no seniors then it may just be a very long season for the Panthers this year.

Any Panther fans have thoughts on this one?

87 TIGER
08-26-2010, 04:41 PM
We played them last year and won big , LH should handle this game.

Daddy D 11
08-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Is Thompson still sick?
Who filled in for Hillman when he went down?
Who are the finalized 3 backs?
Who is on the line?
Is Draper still calling plays?

The answers to those questions, will tell you alot lol

GO PANTHERS!:cheerl:

LHexPlayer
08-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Is Thompson still sick?
Who is on the line?

Q1. I have no idea.
Q2. Didn't notice Hillman too much when he was playing. So not sure who is backing him up.
Q3. I think they are Corn, Leger, and either Johnston/Amthor
Q4. Not fully sure about the line. They seem pretty set there. I think we have most of the lineman back from last year.
Q5. I'm pretty sure Draper is still calling the plays. The play calling looks about the same as last year. Although we passed the ball a lot in the scrimmages. And not very well either.

I'm hoping we look much better tomorrow night and things start to really click for us.

solocam
08-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Cats by 21

bwdlionfan
08-26-2010, 07:17 PM
where is rouse?

Tx Challenge
08-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
where is rouse?

Leander

Daddy D 11
08-26-2010, 08:18 PM
darn..

LHexPlayer
08-26-2010, 08:36 PM
darn..

Darn? Elaborate!

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Liberty Hill, still rebuilding, will take on a 4a team in Rouse that has no seniors. Rouse had a good scrimmage last week against 5a Harker Heights. Historically speaking Rouse's JV has beaten Liberty Hill's JV the last two years. The first year with only freshman on the team. The second year with freshman and sophomores and from what I understand beat Liberty Hill's JV pretty bad.
How will this all play out this year with Rouse having a first year varsity team? Only time will tell. But I think the Panthers will have their hands full come Friday night. And if they lose to a Rouse team with no seniors then it may just be a very long season for the Panthers this year.

Any Panther fans have thoughts on this one?
Actually - the first year they played the freshmen, twice and we split. Payback's coming for last year!

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Is Thompson still sick?
Who is on the line?

Yes - Sukup will be playing
:thinking: not sure...but Webb will be in his spot
Corn, Leger, Amthor
Weirich (C), Prudholmme, Fullmer, Leithead, Brock, Greer, and flip-a-coin SM
That's a secret ;)

Tx Challenge
08-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Still going to be funny to hear the stadium folk's call out Leger's name

Tx Challenge
08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes - Sukup will be playing
:thinking: not sure...but Webb will be in his spot
Corn, Leger, Amthor
Weirich (C), Prudholmme, Fullmer, Leithead, Brock, Greer, and flip-a-coin SM
That's a secret ;)

Is Turner hurt or on D?

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Is Turner hurt or on D?
He got a concussion against Sealy.

Tx Challenge
08-26-2010, 10:40 PM
He got a concussion against Sealy.

So Thompson, Hillman, Howe and Turner are out? Jeez

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2010, 10:41 PM
So Thompson, Hillman, Howe and Turner are out? Jeez
And Hester, and...all but Hillman should be back next week. At least that's what I'm hearing.

Tx Challenge
08-26-2010, 10:47 PM
And Hester, and...all but Hillman should be back next week. At least that's what I'm hearing.

Didn't know Hester was hurt as well...Not to be neg, but I guess I have to revise my score. LH by only 21:D

LHexPlayer
08-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Actually - the first year they played the freshmen, twice and we split. Payback's coming for last year!

The parts of them beating us came from the Rouse Raiders booster club site. Or something like that. The preview writeup of our game made it seem like they were going to walk all over us.

I just want to see our boys play hard and prove we are back on the right track. Let's get some Panthers!

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Still going to be funny to hear the stadium folk's call out Leger's name

OK...do tell....

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
The parts of them beating us came from the Rouse Raiders booster club site. Or something like that. The preview writeup of our game made it seem like they were going to walk all over us.

LMAO! I don't think that's the booster club site. I think you came across the HC's wifes' blog. :D She's something else. ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
OK...do tell....
If you ever heard announcers trying to pronounce Kociuba and having epic fail, Leger will probably be about as entertaining. :D

It's Luh-zhay (in my best Webster's imitation lol)

LHexPlayer
08-27-2010, 12:50 PM
LMAO! I don't think that's the booster club site. I think you came across the HC's wifes' blog. :D She's something else. ;)

Yeah, maybe that's what it was. Kinda crazy for a coaches wife to have a blog about her husband's team. Yeah it was a sunshine pumping site for Rouse for sure.

I expect a tough hard fought game for our boys. Hopefully we work out some timing issues and we end the game as a better team. Go get em Panthers! Tonight is the night we begin our return to dominance.

The Panthers by 21.

runtowin
08-27-2010, 01:40 PM
last year's JV game was interesting. LH jv was strictly a scout team for the varsity and didn't get there own practice time. LR jv was their varsity. Enzone cameras full coaching staff and who knows how much preparation. I don't think that would give a fair comparison to a true varsity matchup this year.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2010, 01:54 PM
The last time we played a team without seniors was in 2004 when we played Vista Ridge. We won 75-0. We never got to play them the following season with seniors because of hurricane Katrina. Vista Ridge canceled the game in 2005 because their facilities were used as evacuation sites for people leaving New Orleans. What does this have to do with playing Rouse tonight 6 years later? Heck I have no idea, just thought I would share a little history that crossed my mind.

runtowin
08-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I believe that LH team went to the semifinals and lost a close game to Jasper at Kyle field.

runtowin
08-27-2010, 02:11 PM
My favorite is when they call Zach Leger. LEGGER like beggar.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
I believe that LH team went to the semifinals and lost a close game to Jasper at Kyle field.

Yep I believe you are right. Please post your thoughts on the game tonight when it's over. I would like to hear what you think about how we look.

LHMom
08-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by runtowin

Dang. The first time I look at 3ADL in a year, and you have to remind me of THAT?!! Biggest heartbreak ever when my kids were playing. Thanks! Just kidding, that was a great year!