PDA

View Full Version : AP article on Brownwood

Bosqueville
08-26-2010, 09:16 AM
From Associated Press: They got the score wrong from the Graham game but whatever.

Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley have moved on to the pros. Case McCoy has followed both to Texas.

Now the last of the Shipleys and McCoys will try to win the state championship that somehow eluded the rest of the bunch through four trips to title games.

Brownwood receiver Jaxon Shipley is headed to Texas, too. But first, he has a chance to bring a storied Texas high school program its eighth state title.

“It’s fun to play at a place like Brownwood where football is so important,” coach and father Bob Shipley said. “I think he’s really enjoyed that aspect of it.”

The Lions went three rounds deep in the playoffs a year after a shocking 3-7 record their first season after dropping to Class 3A. Enter Bob Shipley, who led them back to the playoffs despite his son missing half the season with a broken collarbone.

Jaxon Shipley never played with quarterback Graylon Brown, who got hurt before he came back. If both stay healthy, Brownwood could win its first title since 1981.

“He’s really passionate about trying to win a state championship while he’s in high school,” Bob Shipley said of his son.

Although his talent draws double teams, Jaxon Shipley should be able to blend in a little better than last year when Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley made a run for a national title while the younger brothers were playing in the same district. Case McCoy and Graham beat Brownwood by a point.

“I think there’s not a storyline game that everybody’s kind of pointing to like everybody was last year,” Bob Shipley said. “I don’t think that affected him last year, nor will it affect him this year.”

Red&White_9x5
08-26-2010, 10:34 AM
What is their non- district schedule look like? Will they even be tested before they get a Snyder, Big Spring, or Wylie in district play??

BEAST
08-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
What is their non- district schedule look like? Will they even be tested before they get a Snyder, Big Spring, or Wylie in district play??

Gatesville
Graham
Stephenville
China Spring
Llano
Fort Worth Something (Private School)

I believe we will be tested.

BEAST

Gsquared
08-26-2010, 11:02 AM
They play a REALLY good Stephenville team on 9/10. Im going to that one for sure. I think Stephenville takes this game but its going to be a good one either way!

ronwx5x
08-26-2010, 11:11 AM

Here you go. All the schedules you could want.

http://www.texashsfootball.com/scores/index.htm

http://www.texasfootball.com/class-3a-2010-region-i-schedules/

NastySlot
08-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Gatesville
Graham
Stephenville
China Spring
Llano
Fort Worth Something (Private School)

I believe we will be tested.

BEAST

i say 5-0

BEAST
08-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i say 5-0

Thanks for your confidence in us. But, there is 6 games in our predistrict schedule. Are you predicting a cancelation??:D

BEAST

cr180t
08-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i say 5-0

THey Play 6 games

I_DONT_CARE
08-26-2010, 11:08 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping:

hollywood
08-27-2010, 09:11 AM
6-0 PD
4-0 D

10-0 Going into playoffs

They are on a MISSION!!!

NastySlot
08-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Thanks for your confidence in us. But, there is 6 games in our predistrict schedule. Are you predicting a cancelation??:D

BEAST

yeah...sorry i'd like to think that ftw all saints will wake up and realize what they got themselves into and cancel......but i can't i just missed counted.....and will go with 6-0.

i think i will be able to catch brownwood at llano in a few weeks