View Full Version : Thursday night games

bowleghorses
08-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Who is playing thursday night?

bowleghorses
08-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Who is playing thursday night?

Meaning week Zero...Gunna try and listen to a game on the puter.

lostaussie
08-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Gilmer/Atlanta

bowleghorses
08-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Great ,I'll try and listen to yall this week. Thanks.:)

NastySlot
08-25-2010, 12:33 PM
not 3A but in the SA area......the Texas Football Classic starts at the Alamodome with Seguin and Uvalde and then there's the Gucci Bowl...Churchill and Clark at Hero's stadium.....also gotta be a few Northside schools playing.

kaorder1999
08-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Adamson Leopards vs. Roosevelt Mustangs
Sprague 7:00

Matthew328
08-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Let's go Leps!!

Ranger Mom
08-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Greenwood plays 2-A Coahoma at Grande Stadium in Midland.

bowleghorses
08-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Looks like Gilmer-Atlanta will get the nod this week.

NastySlot
08-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

Hey Good Luck....tonight.

Ernest T Bass
08-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

Game of the week!

Ranger Mom
08-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Just found out our game (Greenwood vs. Coahoma) is being televised....I am staying home and watching it!!

Bullaholic
08-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Just found out our game (Greenwood vs. Coahoma) is being televised....I am staying home and watching it!!

No way---I thought this would be an "old home" moment for you for sure.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
No way---I thought this would be an "old home" moment for you for sure.

I hate that I don't know anyone anymore!!! It makes going to the games not much fun....especially the home games, because my husband runs the chains and I don't wanna sit by myself!!

None of my friends go to the games anymore. Out of the bunch that was so into it when I joined the board, I am the only left who even really follows them anymore.

It if wasn't for this board, I don't know if I even would be as interested!

I plan on going to Sweetwater when Greenwood and Sweetwater play. What's sad is, I will know more people on the Sweetwater side than I do Greenwood!!:p

waterboy
08-26-2010, 02:34 PM
I know what you mean. I don't like going to football games by myself (a rarity, my youngest daughter always wants to go with me), but I always meet people there that I know. Small towns are that way. I know Midland is not exactly a small town, but if you ride up there with hubby you'll see somebody you know more than likely. My daughters go to a different school not far up the road where my wife teaches, and are active in cheerleading, band, and other sports. This may be the last year my youngest goes with me, though. She will likely be in the band next year, along with other stuff. I'll likely miss a few more Buckeye games next year.:( It's extremely hard for me to miss my Buckeye games live, but the good thing is I can watch the replay on cable the next day.:clap:

Bullaholic
08-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I hate that I don't know anyone anymore!!! It makes going to the games not much fun....especially the home games, because my husband runs the chains and I don't wanna sit by myself!!

None of my friends go to the games anymore. Out of the bunch that was so into it when I joined the board, I am the only left who even really follows them anymore.

I plan on going to Sweetwater when Greenwood and Sweetwater play. What's sad is, I will know more people on the Sweetwater side than I do Greenwood!!:p

I thought you had some Coahoma history, also. That is to which I was mainly refering.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I thought you had some Coahoma history, also. That is to which I was mainly refering.

Well, I do, but everyone I know is kinda in the same boat as me, kids grown and grandkids not old enough.

buckeyebob
08-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Well, I do, but everyone I know is kinda in the same boat as me, kids grown and grandkids not old enough.

Mom...my wife & I are there...Class 0f '66...no grandkids playing either. Last night, we had about 15 of the mid-60 grad group with us and not a one had grandkids playing. We have a great program in Gilmer...Adopt-A-Buckeye...run by the Booster Club & Coaching Staff. Our Buckeye had a great game on defense...he came to play, we came to cheer. We all go down at the end, visit, congratulate the kids, etc...you would be surprised how many of the kids do not have someone that comes to watch them or care. This is one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done and as far as I know, every Buc has one or more adapted adults. Might think about this there...this ought to be a State program.

Green Bling
08-27-2010, 10:52 AM

Know how you feel, RM. Mr. Bling works in the ACed pressbox, but RojosGirl and I have a standing date for dinner and football. Sometimes Rojo makes it, too.