PDA

View Full Version : My Gift to you! A little joke for Christmas Eve...

Old Cardinal
12-24-2003, 06:13 PM
Two gas company servicemen, a senior training supervisior and a young trainee were out checking meters in a suburban neighborhood. They parked their truck at the end of the alley and worked their way to the other end. At the last house a woman looking out her kitchen window watched as they checked her meter.
Finishing the meter check, the senior supervisor challenged the younger co-worker to a footrace down the alley back to the truck to prove that the older guy could outrun the younger one. As they came tearing up to the truck, they realized the lady of that end house was huffing and puffing right behind them. They stopped immediately and asked her what was wrong.
"When I saw two gasmen running as hard as you were," gasped the woman, "I figured I'd better run too!"

Have you got a good one to share?

<small>[ December 24, 2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

SintonFan
12-24-2003, 10:28 PM
ROFL!
Thanks Old Card, I needed that. Have a Merry Christmas!

<small>[ December 25, 2003, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

fred grunden
12-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Old Card, that sounds like meter readers. I used to do that when I first got married. The following is a true story which became quite well known. It may have been published somewhere. It happened to one of my co-workers in Lake Charles, La. The gas meter was mounted on the back of the house. A screened in porch was added to the house, which made the meter on the porch. The lady had a washing machine on the back porch. One day the lady decided to wash the clothes she had on. She saw the meter reader coming and quickly
tried to hide by crouching in the corner. Grabbing for the only thing she could reach, she attempted to cover herself with her son's football helmet. The meter reader didn't notice her until after he finished reading the meter. Then he suddenly caught a little movement out of the corner of his eye. After evaluating the situation, he said, "Lady, I hope your team wins," and made a hasty retreat.

ProudMama
12-25-2003, 12:06 AM
A Blonde Joke: This blonde and her friend went out into the woods to get a Christmas Tree. After several hours of tramping out in the snow, she turns to her friend and says, "I'm cutting down the next tree I see even if it is NOT decorated."

Old Cardinal
12-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Fred, You crack me up! That's so funny. Keep those stories coming.

<small>[ December 25, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

ProudMama
12-26-2003, 01:03 AM
This blonde was on a quiz show and only needed to answer 1 question for a million dollars. The host asked her "Name 2 of Santa's reindeer." She got really excited and said i know the answer. He said for 1 million dollars, tell me the answer. She said Rudolph and Olive. The audience went wild until they realized what she had said and were wondering about it. The host said Rudolph is right but where did you get Olive? She then sang Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose, and if you ever saw it your would even say it glows, "Olive" the other reindeer.................

Wildcat81
12-26-2003, 01:27 AM
A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, "Please come
over here and help me.....I have a killer jigsaw

puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get it started."

Her boyfriend asks, "What is it supposed to be when

it's finished?" The blonde says, "According to the

picture on the box, it's a tiger."

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the

puzzle. She lets him in and shows him where she has

the puzzle spread all over the table. He studies the pieces for a

moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says, "First