PDA

View Full Version : Sinton volleyball tournament-Gold division

MUSTANG69
08-24-2010, 07:50 AM
I read in the C.C. Caller that Ingleside won the Gold Division of the Sinton volleyball tournament. I am not real familiar with high school volleyball tournaments. Is the Gold Division the winners bracket? Maybe a Sonton poster can answer that. Where are you Phil?:thinking:

spirate_9
08-24-2010, 08:35 AM
http://www.caller.com/news/2010/aug/21/sinton-takes-its-volleyball-tourney/

Here is another story from the Caller about Sinton's game against Cuero. At the end of the article it has results from the different divisions. Looks like there were 3 divisions (Championship, Gold, and Silver).

MUSTANG69
08-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by spirate_9
http://www.caller.com/news/2010/aug/21/sinton-takes-its-volleyball-tourney/

Here is another story from the Caller about Sinton's game against Cuero. At the end of the article it has results from the different divisions. Looks like there were 3 divisions (Championship, Gold, and Silver).

Thank you. That article clears it up for me. Gold Division seems to be a consolation bracket.

pirate4state
08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Thank you. That article clears it up for me. Gold Division seems to be a consolation bracket.

Our girls FINALLY won their own tourney. :clap: :clap:

I think coach said it hadn't happened since 1993??

This team only has 1 senior on the squad, rest are juniors. Look out! :D

Vrabird
08-24-2010, 11:34 AM
The Lady Pirates are playing really good volleyball right now. Their confidence is up and they are coming together as a team. Still young and highly competitive!!!

sinton66
08-24-2010, 05:06 PM
I believe the coaches poll has them ranked at #6 right now. Read that somewhere.

sinton66
08-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I believe the coaches poll has them ranked at #6 right now. Read that somewhere.

Found the rankings:

http://www.austintgca.com/volleyball/polls.html
Class 3A

1. Lucas Lovejoy
2. Wimberley
3. Monahans
4. Gatesville
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Sinton
7. Mexia
8. Commerce
9. Salado
10. Argyle

SintonFan
08-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Congratulations Sinton Lady Pirates!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, congratulations to Ingleside for their success!:thumbsup:

MUSTANG69
08-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Congratulations Sinton Lady Pirates!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, congratulations to Ingleside for their success!:thumbsup:

Looks like it will be a showdown between Ingleside, Sinton and maybe Rockport-Fulton. I think Ingleside got a boost with a move-in from Sinton. The paper said her name was Victoria Rogers. Congrats to Sinton and Ingleside for a good start this season.

pirate4state
08-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Looks like it will be a showdown between Ingleside, Sinton and maybe Rockport-Fulton. I think Ingleside got a boost with a move-in from Sinton. The paper said her name was Victoria Rogers. Congrats to Sinton and Ingleside for a good start this season. I've never heard of her.

MUSTANG69
08-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I've never heard of her.

I got the info from the 8/24 CC Caller article about Ingleside/Moody game.