Keith7
08-23-2010, 09:29 PM
The Rangers are just 3 outs from a combined no hitter agains the Twins

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2010, 09:36 PM
http://956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/eating-popcorn-03.gif

bigwood33
08-23-2010, 09:37 PM
The curse of Rich Harden lives on. He gives you an outing like this and, all too often, follows it up by falling behind in the count and putting fastballs right down the middle and walking too many people. Let's hope he gets serious about pitching for a contract.

crzyjournalist03
08-23-2010, 09:38 PM
If Neftali blows it in the 9th, it's all Keith7's fault.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
he usually seems to come out with not his best fastball to first batter

Keith7
08-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If Neftali blows it in the 9th, it's all Keith7's fault.

He's gotta face the top of the line up.. :eek: :( :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
98 first pitch

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2010, 09:44 PM
come on double play

turbostud
08-23-2010, 09:45 PM
The Keith7 jinx.

Keith7
08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
:doh: :doh: :( :(

bigwood33
08-23-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't think the 'guys' can hang this one you Keith. Neftali has been a little shaky lately. :D :rolleyes:

BullsFan
08-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Well crud. Thisclose. Who would have thought Harden would have a good game and Neftali would have blown it?

DaHop72
08-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Nice job Keith7, the kiss of death!!!!!!

Keith7
08-23-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm blaming this on the 1000 people on my facebook news feed that were talking about it.. They convinced me posting this thread would be OK.

zebrablue2
08-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
The Rangers are just 3 outs from a combined no hitter agains the Twins

u put the:evillol: curse on by posting it on here!!

bigwood33
08-23-2010, 10:12 PM
My daughter was just on FSSW. They interviewed her on the post game show.

coach
08-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I don't think the 'guys' can hang this one you Keith. Neftali has been a little shaky lately. :D :rolleyes:

he gives up a single to the best hitter in baseball and u call him shacky...also he is only 21 and he has 32 saves...he isnt shaky at all

bigwood33
08-24-2010, 05:02 AM
I am a Feliz fan too but If you have been watching, then you know it is true. He has been very good but he makes me nervous sometimes, and age is irrelevant. Of the top 10 closers in the American league he has the 7th highest ERA and it is 2 runs higher than some. Of the top 7, only Pappelbon has more blown saves. Feliz is a great talent and has done a very nice job this year but he isn't an absolute "shut down" closer...yet.

Buckeye1980
08-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by coach
he gives up a single to the best hitter in baseball and u call him shacky...also he is only 21 and he has 32 saves...he isnt shaky at all

I totally agree with coach on this one

Txbroadcaster
08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I am a Feliz fan too but If you have been watching, then you know it is true. He has been very good but he makes me nervous sometimes, and age is irrelevant. Of the top 10 closers in the American league he has the 7th highest ERA and it is 2 runs higher than some. Of the top 7, only Pappelbon has more blown saves. Feliz is a great talent and has done a very nice job this year but he isn't an absolute "shut down" closer...yet.

out of the top 7 as u listed he has less blown saves than THREE of them and the ones ahead of him are by one less blown save. So it is not like Feliz has 6 more blown saves than those ahead of him.

waterboy
08-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Neftali Feliz is what? 21 years old? Once he gets a couple more years experience, he could be the next Mariano Rivera. At least, that's what I hope for.:eek:

bigwood33
08-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Neftali Feliz is what? 21 years old? Once he gets a couple more years experience, he could be the next Mariano Rivera. At least, that's what I hope for.:eek:
I agree totally! What I am saying is that he has not been coming in and shutting people down...aka Rivera. He almost always puts people on base and it is a good thing that he has had more than 1 run leads because he gives up runs. His ERA proves that. I am not bashing him, just making an observation about his play.

waterboy
08-24-2010, 01:27 PM
I agree totally! What I am saying is that he has not been coming in and shutting people down...aka Rivera. He almost always puts people on base and it is a good thing that he has had more than 1 run leads because he gives up runs. His ERA proves that. I am not bashing him, just making an observation about his play.
I agree. He hasn't been a "shut down" closer consistently yet, but he has the stuff to get it done. I'll admit I do get a little nervous when he comes in with a 2-run lead or less, but the vast majority of the time he gets it done. It seems here lately he doesn't get into the game as much because the games haven't been save situations, so he may just be a little rusty. I think he gets better the more games he gets to pitch in. And about the ERA......all a closer has to do is give up one or two runs and his ERA will skyrocket. That's the nature of being a closer. He's only blown 3 save opportunities thus far, so I wouldn't exactly call that inconsistent, even though he does allow more baserunners than he should. I think that with a little more experience and a little tutoring from an ex-closer he has the potential to be one of the best closers the league has ever seen. It's all about throwing strikes on the corners, not walking so many, and developing a sinker along with the slider (which he throws inconsistently), and above all else...keeping the ball DOWN and nothing over the fat part of the plate!

Farmersfan
08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
I have actually been pretty enthusiastic about the Rangers this season because it seemed like they had addressed so many problem areas and had things going in the right direction. But guess what...................As of last night they had the EXACT record that they had at this time last season when they didn't sniff a playoff spot. Thanks God the A's and Angels are so bad this season or they might catch the Rangers. It is true that they have played a long schedule of the leagues top teams recently but a month ago everyone felt the Rangers were one of the leagues best teams. Not so! Still a bunch of pretenders it seems. I can't remember the exact number but I think the Rangers have gone like 9-11 over the last 20 games. Cruz and Kinsler should help get them back on track and it seems Vlad is getting his stroke back but another 9-11 streak can't happen! If the Rangers are contenders then they need to start showing it...........

waterboy
08-24-2010, 02:17 PM
I agree to some extent. The Rangers will have to prove themselves to be considered a serious contender. In all fairness to them, they have been playing with a make-shift lineup since Kinsler's been out. Add one of their biggest bats in Cruz being on the DL, and their lack of offense is understandable. When the Rangers get healthy again they should be a much more consistent team both offensively and defensively. I've noticed lately that the starting pitching has been inconsistent, too, although they do have a good starting lineup. If the pitching becomes more consistent and batters are swinging good, this team is probably one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the league, with the capability of beating anybody in a series. The problem is they haven't had both of these things going at the same time since their win streak. I just keep hoping both get hot at the end of the regular season heading into the playoffs, because if they do, look out!

Farmersfan
08-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I agree to some extent. The Rangers will have to prove themselves to be considered a serious contender. In all fairness to them, they have been playing with a make-shift lineup since Kinsler's been out. Add one of their biggest bats in Cruz being on the DL, and their lack of offense is understandable. When the Rangers get healthy again they should be a much more consistent team both offensively and defensively. I've noticed lately that the starting pitching has been inconsistent, too, although they do have a good starting lineup. If the pitching becomes more consistent and batters are swinging good, this team is probably one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the league, with the capability of beating anybody in a series. The problem is they haven't had both of these things going at the same time since their win streak. I just keep hoping both get hot at the end of the regular season heading into the playoffs, because if they do, look out!

They certainly need to get back on a roll again to secure the playoff spot. If they finish the season like they did last year they will likely lose the lead in this division to the A's. I agree that Cruz and Kinsler should help a lot but every team loses players throughout the long season and the good teams can fill the holes and keep on keepin' on! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

waterboy
08-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
They certainly need to get back on a roll again to secure the playoff spot. If they finish the season like they did last year they will likely lose the lead in this division to the A's. I agree that Cruz and Kinsler should help a lot but every team loses players throughout the long season and the good teams can fill the holes and keep on keepin' on! Let's keep our fingers crossed!
True. The Rangers don't have the depth of the top teams in the league (Yankees, Rays, etc.), either, at least not yet, but their starting lineup when healthy is real close to being as good as anybody, if not better. The difference is the consistency of the pitching staff and the hitters on the top tier teams.