PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville eating places?

bwdlionfan
08-23-2010, 06:34 PM
What's good to eat there?

Eagle 1
08-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Rancher's Steak House, chicken fried chicken.:)

Rocket
08-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
What's good to eat there?

McDonalds.

Bosqueville
08-23-2010, 08:22 PM
There's a pretty good buffet and steakhouse across the street from the McDonalds. I can't remember the name. If you like Chinese food they have a good buffet called Jumbo Buffet. It's just passed the HEB on the left.

Global Swarming
08-24-2010, 07:03 AM
I hear that the ala cart at the prison isn't bad. Just don't ask about the steak fingers lol.:D

NastySlot
08-24-2010, 08:51 AM
my mom and step dad have place between Gatesville, Clifton and Valley Mills......seems like they take to a buffet at place called Andy's in G-ville. not too bad.

Looking4number8
08-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
seems like they take to a buffet at place called Andy's in G-ville. not too bad.

Originally posted by Bosqueville
There's a pretty good buffet and steakhouse across the street from the McDonalds. I can't remember the name. .

Originally posted by Eagle 1
Rancher's Steak House, chicken fried chicken.:)

I believe these are all the same place. Was Andy's for many years not Ranchers and it is worth the price of the buffet. I believe they will also have catfish on the buffet on Friday night

Eagle 1
08-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I believe these are all the same place. Was Andy's for many years not Ranchers and it is worth the price of the buffet. I believe they will also have catfish on the buffet on Friday night

No, Ranchers is out on the loop at Hwy 36 and Hwy 84 and not across from McDonalds.
The place across from McDonalds use to be called Andy's, but now they have switched ownership and I forget what the new place is called.
Like I said, Rancher's is the best place to eat in Gatesville IMO, but you better get there early. Good food brings large crouds, especially on Friday nights.

booger
08-24-2010, 02:26 PM
There is a little mexican place on the west side of town near the hospitaland the Wall's outlet that is the best!!! They have great food, low prices and won't bust your guts!!!!

bwdlionfan
08-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by booger
There is a little mexican place on the west side of town near the hospitaland the Wall's outlet that is the best!!! They have great food, low prices and won't bust your guts!!!!

I think this is the place my dad was talking about. I'm debating between this or Ranchers at this point.

Anyone know the name of this place?

LeonJr
08-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Leon says, "Go to McGregor. It has a Greasy Spoon restaurant called The Coffee Shop!"