PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Fans...need advice

wimbo_pro
08-23-2010, 01:23 PM
We are staying in the hotel right across the street from the stadium, and we want to know of a decent place to go after the game where we can eat something and have some "adult beverages" (I know its less than a 2 hour drive, but we wanted to take our time and enjoy the evening). We are actually getting there a little early on Friday to check out the town a bit and find out what the hell you guys are doing to grow such big and fast kids year after year in such an isolated area.

Personally, I think you cheat....but I have no proof.:D

bowleghorses
08-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
We are staying in the hotel right across the street from the stadium, and we want to know of a decent place to go after the game where we can eat something and have some "adult beverages" (I know its less than a 2 hour drive, but we wanted to take our time and enjoy the evening). We are actually getting there a little early on Friday to check out the town a bit and find out what the hell you guys are doing to grow such big and fast kids year after year in such an isolated area.

:D :clap: :stirpot: :1popcorn:

44INAROW
08-23-2010, 01:32 PM
I just checked with Maya's resturant and they close at 10pm. This is small town America - streets roll up at 10:00 pm :( I'll check with Don Bravo and see what time they close.. Of course, Pizza Hut would be open and they serve draft adult beverages.. do youself a favor and eat supper (early, 5:30 or 6:00pm to try and beat the crowd) at KN Rootbeer - just down the hill from the hotel.. When you're headed to the hotel - you'll see it on the left side - opposite Subway.. Best hamburgers and Burrito Plates around :)

wimbo_pro
08-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I just checked with Maya's resturant and they close at 10pm. This is small town America - streets roll up at 10:00 pm :( I'll check with Don Bravo and see what time they close.. Of course, Pizza Hut would be open and they serve draft adult beverages.. do youself a favor and eat supper (early, 5:30 or 6:00pm to try and beat the crowd) at KN Rootbeer - just down the hill from the hotel.. When you're headed to the hotel - you'll see it on the left side - opposite Subway.. Best hamburgers and Burrito Plates around :)

Thanks 44, but we are planning to stop in Luling and have a late lunch at the famous BBQ joint (forget the name right now), and then mosey into Cuero in the late afternoon. So we will hold off eating till afterwards, if thats an option. I think the drinks are more important than the food! LOL If Pizza Hut is all we have (beer, I assume?), then so be it.

44INAROW
08-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks 44, but we are planning to stop in Luling and have a late lunch at the famous BBQ joint (forget the name right now), and then mosey into Cuero in the late afternoon. So we will hold off eating till afterwards, if thats an option. I think the drinks are more important than the food! LOL If Pizza Hut is all we have (beer, I assume?), then so be it.
City Market at Luling? If so - excellent choice :)

wimbo_pro
08-23-2010, 01:45 PM
City Market at Luling? If so - excellent choice :)

Thats it!

ronwx5x
08-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Thats it!

I've notified the DPS around Cuero to be on the lookout!:inlove:

wimbo_pro
08-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

Thats why we arent drinking till AFTER the game!!! LOL

bowleghorses
08-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

You could stop and ask one those good fellows were a man could find some good adult beverages.:D

Ranger Mom
08-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Where did we eat when I was there??

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 03:12 PM

For my trip to Cuero at Port Lavaca in a few weeks im gonna stop by my favorite Cajun Meat Market in Lewsville on Thursday before I leave Friday morning. I am going to get some Pouche's hog head cheese and some saltine crackers and have my pre-game dinner in the car on the ride down.

44INAROW
08-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Where did we eat when I was there??

Did we go to the Longhorn? They would be open before the game -but they close at 8:30pm..

44INAROW
08-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
For my trip to Cuero at Port Lavaca in a few weeks im gonna stop by my favorite Cajun Meat Market in Lewsville on Thursday before I leave Friday morning. I am going to get some Pouche's hog head cheese and some saltine crackers and have my pre-game dinner in the car on the ride down.
and the Mrs will be asking for separate rooms that night ROFL.. J/K
did you find a place to stay?

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 03:17 PM
and the Mrs will be asking for separate rooms that night ROFL.. J/K
did you find a place to stay?
She might not be coming down with me that week now. If not, ill just drive back home after the game.

pirate4state
08-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Did we go to the Longhorn? They would be open before the game -but they close at 8:30pm.. I know we ate there before the LH/Cuero game one year. That was a fun M&G. Had a report interviewing yall before the game. :D

wimbo_pro
08-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Sounds like we are going to have to bring our own whiskey!

Ranger Mom
08-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I know we ate there before the LH/Cuero game one year. That was a fun M&G. Had a report interviewing yall before the game. :D

That is where it was....that was where I met Old Green and Gobbla for the first time. I met some other posters, but can't remember their usernames....just their "real" names.

44INAROW
08-23-2010, 06:28 PM

yes, I was just informed that Pizza Hut no longer sells beer...... bring some whiskey and sprite/7Up and you'll can sit by the pool and drink without worrying about the DPS :)

That is where it was....that was where I met Old Green and Gobbla for the first time. I met some other posters, but can't remember their usernames....just their "real" names.
I know Mr and Mrs GobblerGrad for sure - not sure if Mr and Mrs Crabman were there but I think they were.....

Ranger Mom
08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
yes, I was just informed that Pizza Hut no longer sells beer...... bring some whiskey and sprite/7Up and you'll can sit by the pool and drink without worrying about the DPS :)

I know Mr and Mrs GobblerGrad for sure - not sure if Mr and Mrs Crabman were there but I think they were.....

GobblerGrad and Crabman...that's who I was thinking of.

I met you in the middle of the street...lol!!!

gobbler grad
08-23-2010, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 44INAROW
[B]yes, I was just informed that Pizza Hut no longer sells beer...... bring some whiskey and sprite/7Up and you'll can sit by the pool and drink without worrying about the DPS :)

sounds like a good idea...:) :)

wimbo_pro
08-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah, bringing our own. Not to the game of course, but for the Texan victory party afterward!

LH Panther Mom
08-23-2010, 08:55 PM

I met you in the middle of the street...lol!!!
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

44INAROW
08-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
no joke - she literally met me in the middle of the road - Esplanade aka 183 S/87N and Main St aka downtown Cuero ;)

garciap77
08-23-2010, 10:08 PM

:D

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2010, 04:51 AM
no joke - she literally met me in the middle of the road - Esplanade aka 183 S/87N and Main St aka downtown Cuero ;)
Yeah...I was just in a weird mood last night. My mind was at the edge of the road (aka the gutter!). :D

pirate4state
08-24-2010, 09:33 AM

Mr. and Mrs. GobblerGrad were there for one of our M&Gs at the Longhorn, but I think they were shy at the time and didn't come sit at our table.

Gobbla2001
08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
I've eaten at Don Bravos post-game a few times, and they have adult beverages... They get pretty busy so high-tail it...

BwdLion73
08-24-2010, 10:18 AM

I starting to like you, even after last season. :thinking: :D

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I starting to like you, even after last season. :thinking: :D

LOL...oh come on, I never trashed talked you guys. Now, I did trash talk Rocket...but that doesnt count!

44INAROW
08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
LOL...oh come on, I never trashed talked you guys. Now, I did trash talk Rocket...but that doesnt count!

:D

BwdLion73
08-24-2010, 11:45 AM

I don't mind the chatter....I was talking about the game.:(

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I don't mind the chatter....I was talking about the game.:(

LOL...oh yeah...the game.

Mean Green Fan
08-24-2010, 12:41 PM
If you dont mind the drive to Victoria,You can get all the adult beverage you want:D :D
There is a Wing street bar across from the mall or go to the brown bag which is just up the road...both on the left coming from the loop take the 77 north toward Halletsville.

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
If you dont mind the drive to Victoria,You can get all the adult beverage you want:D :D
There is a Wing street bar across from the mall or go to the brown bag which is just up the road...both on the left coming from the loop take the 77 north toward Halletsville.

Thanks Mean Green, but no...we arent going to go another 40 miles south. If we were going to travel at all after the game, it would be towards home. No biggy...we'll just take care of it ourselves!

AAA87
08-24-2010, 12:48 PM
we do have a little sports bar kind of place with an outside pation open till 1 am on fridays and they serve food....its called philly station.... owned and operated by the former mayor in town...my cousin.

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by AAA87
we do have a little sports bar kind of place with an outside pation open till 1 am on fridays and they serve food....its called philly station.... owned and operated by the former mayor in town...my cousin.

I just looked it up!! Are you other guys REALLY from Cuero?? LOL How did you not know about this place?? This is perfect!!!!

THANKS AAA87!!!

Old Green
08-24-2010, 12:57 PM
I just looked it up!! Are you other guys REALLY from Cuero?? LOL How did you not know about this place?? This is perfect!!!!

THANKS AAA87!!! On Hwy 183 just passed the first stoplight as you are coming into Cuero on the left hand side.

44INAROW
08-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by AAA87
my bad.. right next door to Whataburger.. can't miss it..

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 01:20 PM
my bad.. right next door to Whataburger.. can't miss it..

LOL...no problem 44 and Old Green, thanks for your help anyways! Maybe you guys oughta stop by for a beer (or Diet Coke) afterward!

Bullaholic
08-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Wimbo....Everybody in Cuero knows that the action in Cuero both before and after the games is at 44IAR and Crabman's. Best food and drink in South Texas, I hear......

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Wimbo....Everybody in Cuero knows that the action in Cuero both before and after the games is at 44IAR and Crabman's. Best food and drink in South Texas, I hear......

How good are their Margarita's???

Blue42
08-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I have a question for the Wimberley folks where is your stadium located?I know where the Lions club market days are held but I have never been to a game in your lovely town and I'm going to the sub varsity games on Thursday.

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Blue42
I have a question for the Wimberley folks where is your stadium located?I know where the Lions club market days are held but I have never been to a game in your lovely town and I'm going to the sub varsity games on Thursday.

It's just down the road from the Lion's Field (Market Day), heading out of town towards Blanco (Hwy 2325). I would say its less than a mile from the Market Day, turn left on Texan Way, right by the SubWay. If you go too far, its ok, cuz you'll then come to the High School itself a few hundred yards further, and you can turn left there too (at the light) and work your way back to the stadium.

Green Bling
08-24-2010, 01:47 PM
WP, Philly Station has good burgers and fresh cut fries.

Blue42
08-24-2010, 01:47 PM
It's just down the road from the Lion's Field (Market Day), heading out of town towards Blanco (Hwy 2325). I would say its less than a mile from the Market Day, turn left on Texan Way, right by the SubWay. If you go too far, its ok, cuz you'll then come to the High School itself a few hundred yards further, and you can turn left there too (at the light) and work your way back to the stadium.
Thanks! looking forward to the games

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
WP, Philly Station has good burgers and fresh cut fries.

The menu looks great! Perfect spot. We'll be there!

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
I called them (Philly Station) and they normally are open till 11pm on Fridays, but said they would stay open if people are there.

44INAROW
08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

The secret's out :p :)

ApachePride
08-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Get on US 87, go towards Nixon to a little town called Westhoff. A little place there called The White Leghorn Inn. Great food, cold beers. Open til midnight..

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2010, 05:42 PM
The secret's out :p :)
Dang it! There's that gutter again!

Green Bling
08-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by ApachePride
Get on US 87, go towards Nixon to a little town called Westhoff. A little place there called The White Leghorn Inn. Great food, cold beers. Open til midnight..

True! The Leghorn is legend around these parts! Fried gizzards and COLD brews!!
Almost a historical landmark!!

IHStangFan
08-24-2010, 06:29 PM

Personally, I think you cheat....but I have no proof.:D LMAO!!! :D It's something bout those towns that sprung up in or around the oil fields....as a general rule they have a history of being pretty good.

Green Bling
08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Trade secret!!:D

gobbler grad
08-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Mr. and Mrs. GobblerGrad were there for one of our M&Gs at the Longhorn, but I think they were shy at the time and didn't come sit at our table.

we did eat with you all, I remember, because our waitress was new and she was just say, not good...:doh:

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ApachePride

Thanks Apache...but we dont want to drive more than a mile or two after the game.

gobbler grad
08-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Philly Station is about a mile...:thinking:

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Philly Station is about a mile...:thinking:

yeah,,,I MapQuested it. All looks good!

JT44
08-26-2010, 07:31 AM
The only reservation about Philly I have is that the food quality is very inconsistent and the menu online is much different than what is in the restaraunt. (less selection).
Hopefully he steps it up for football season. at least they do have cold drinks

JT44
08-26-2010, 07:31 AM
bring your own adult beverages and drink at hotel and get some whataburger.