Ill be there. Thats one. Who else?

LE Dad
08-23-2010, 09:34 AM
I may be there, but I am not wearing no dang "Great Pumpkin Orange":D

waterboy
08-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
C'mon, it's NOT "Great Pumpkin Orange"! It's not Celina!:D It's a beautiful red/orange...... Okay, just wear black!:cool:

It goes without saying, but I'll be there....;)

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 09:46 AM
LE Dad, make sure you bring your wallet. Im sure ill get hungry by 2nd qtr!

waterboy
08-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, LE Dad, I'll take a Diet Dr. Pepper and a bag of popcorn.:D

oldtownag
08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I will be the big guy in a Bulldog shirt! :taunt:

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Wait, my dad is going with me and he is a big guy and he will be wearing a Bulldog shirt more than likely! Hope we dont get caught in "friendly fire" hehehe

LE Dad
08-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Haha I thought I was the guest at this bash:confused: :D

Eats n drinks on G2!!!:p

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Haha I thought I was the guest at this bash:confused: :D
Nooo, Im the guest. I see it this way. I live in the Dallas area and I am going to a game in East Texas. Texarkanna is in East Tx (No north and South East directional points in this argument) so therefore, I am YOUR guest in East Texas! Ive never been to East Texas, therefore, I think you should show a visitor who has never been, some good ole East Texas hospitality!

lostaussie
08-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Gonna be tough for me but I'm trying.

waterboy
08-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Gonna be tough for me but I'm trying.
Where's your boy playing this year?

LE Dad
08-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Nooo, Im the guest. I see it this way. I live in the Dallas area and I am going to a game in East Texas. Texarkanna is in East Tx (No north and South East directional points in this argument) so therefore, I am YOUR guest in East Texas! Ive never been to East Texas, therefore, I think you should show a visitor who has never been, some good ole East Texas hospitality! Never been to East Texas...

Im lookin forward to Celina/Daingerfield, Gilmer/Daingerfield, Giddings/Bandera, a possible playoff matchup with Lake Travis and Steele.

That was from last year.:thinking:

Somehow I don't think you need your GPS to get to TMF Rose.:D

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Never been to East Texas...

Im lookin forward to Celina/Daingerfield, Gilmer/Daingerfield, Giddings/Bandera, a possible playoff matchup with Lake Travis and Steele.

That was from last year.:thinking:

Somehow I don't think you need your GPS to get to TMF Rose.:D
Dang it, busted! :D Sometimes I hate the internet! hahaha

poisoned10
08-23-2010, 11:34 AM
I will be there.

Unfortunately, I might have to miss some games this year. I have only missed 2 or 3 games since the 2003 season. I've been moved to manager at my job and don't get to ask off for days like I used to.

LE Dad
08-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Dang it, busted! :D Sometimes I hate the internet! hahaha Thats allright I might buy if you stand in that long dang line.

I don't know if any of my kids will be there so I won't have anyone to bribe and I hate standing in line

An Earl Cambell hot link sure would taste good.:cool:

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
I will be there.

Unfortunately, I might have to miss some games this year. I have only missed 2 or 3 games since the 2003 season. I've been moved to manager at my job and don't get to ask off for days like I used to.
OMG, priorities sir. There will be plenty of other days you can fulfill your managerial duties but there will only be one 2010 zero week Gilmer vs Atlanta!

LE Dad
08-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
I will be there.

Unfortunately, I might have to miss some games this year. I have only missed 2 or 3 games since the 2003 season. I've been moved to manager at my job and don't get to ask off for days like I used to. Free drinks at Applebees on Poisoned 10!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Free drinks at Applebees on Poisoned 10!!!!!:clap: :clap:
Thats the least he could do for his "guests" :clap:

icu812
08-23-2010, 11:41 AM
I might go, or I may just check out our JV. How is Atlanta this year?

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by icu812
I might go, or I may just check out our JV. How is Atlanta this year?
From what I hear, they are still having trouble with numbers.

LE Dad
I might go, or I may just check out our JV. How is Atlanta this year? According to them pretty good. They were young last year and never settled on an offense.

I really don't know what to expect.

poisoned10
OMG, priorities sir. There will be plenty of other days you can fulfill your managerial duties but there will only be one 2010 zero week Gilmer vs Atlanta!

Oh, I will be at this game for sure. Just MIGHT end up having to miss some others this year.

icu812
08-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Last time I watched Gilmer/Atlanta in Tyler was the playoffs in 2003. Man Atl was fast that year. Probably still the fastest 3A team I've seen.

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Last time I watched Gilmer/Atlanta in Tyler was the playoffs in 2003. Man Atl was fast that year. Probably still the fastest 3A team I've seen.
By far the fastest defense! Incredible team that year!

waterboy
08-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Definitely VERY fast. What gets me is how in the world did that team lose 4 out their first 5 games?:eek: Once district started, though, good grief!

icu812
08-23-2010, 12:28 PM

I remember your QB (Mckenzie?) busting through the line and was like 10-15 yards behind all defenders with nothing between him and the endzone. He got caught by 3 defenders and that QB wasn't slow, lol.

waterboy
08-23-2010, 12:43 PM
I remember your QB (Mckenzie?) busting through the line and was like 10-15 yards behind all defenders with nothing between him and the endzone. He got caught by 3 defenders and that QB wasn't slow, lol.
Yep.:( Gilmer was definitely surprised by that speed. Either that, or they underestimated it. It's impossible to simulate that kind of speed in practice...:eek:

lostaussie
08-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Last time I watched Gilmer/Atlanta in Tyler was the playoffs in 2003. Man Atl was fast that year. Probably still the fastest 3A team I've seen. 2 words for you...............CURTIS BURNS.............number 44........... he freaking killed us on both sides of the ball. That guy was an animal!!

lostaussie
08-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Its funny how you remember opponents names for years after they killed you. Oscar Riggins.................running back for YOE in 81' championship game.. We ain't stopped his a$$ yet:D

BaseballUmp
08-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Its funny how you remember opponents names for years after they killed you. Oscar Riggins.................running back for YOE in 81' championship game.. We ain't stopped his a$$ yet:D

:D :D :D

Buckeye1980
08-23-2010, 03:13 PM

A name from the past that I remember was Kyle Craighead, who was QB for the Wylie team (NOT Abilene Wylie) the we beat in the Region finals in 1981. At that time I thought he was the best high school QB I ever saw play and I told him so a few years later at Texas Stadium when I met him at halftime of a playoff game in the corridor at Texas Stadium. I believe he was named AD for the Wylie ISD as of June 1st of this year.

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
A name from the past that I remember was Kyle Craighead, who was QB for the Wylie team (NOT Abilene Wylie) the we beat in the Region finals in 1981. At that time I thought he was the best high school QB I ever saw play and I told him so a few years later at Texas Stadium when I met him at halftime of a playoff game in the corridor at Texas Stadium. I believe he was named AD for the Wylie ISD as of June 1st of this year.
You are correct sir! Wow, even a bling hog finds a nut everyonce in a while! :D

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/01/wylie-isd-names-new-athletic-director.html

Buckeye1980
08-23-2010, 03:39 PM
You are correct sir! Wow, even a bling hog finds a nut everyonce in a while! :D

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/01/wylie-isd-names-new-athletic-director.html

I resent being called a "bling hog" cause I do not know what "bling" is !

lostaussie
08-23-2010, 03:40 PM
A name from the past that I remember was Kyle Craighead, who was QB for the Wylie team (NOT Abilene Wylie) the we beat in the Region finals in 1981. At that time I thought he was the best high school QB I ever saw play and I told him so a few years later at Texas Stadium when I met him at halftime of a playoff game in the corridor at Texas Stadium. I believe he was named AD for the Wylie ISD as of June 1st of this year. If I remember correctly Kyle was ambidextrios(sp) he could chunk the rock with either hand. We were damn lucky to beat them. 16-14................played the whole 4th quarter with them inside the 20.............they just couldn't get it in the dang endzone!!!

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I resent being called a "bling hog" cause I do not know what "bling" is !
Umm, ooops, I meant blind hog. Sorry, your just a hog :D

Gsquared
08-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Liberachi (or however you spell his name), he was a "Bling Hog" and the two of you do have the same similarities!

buckeyebob
08-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag

I'll bring an extra so you won't feel out of place....let you even listen to the spare Buckeye Bug