PDA

View Full Version : Burnet at Giddings Week 0

1st and goal
08-23-2010, 07:08 AM
1st, I'd like to give my condolences to the town of Burnet with the recent loss of a soldier in Afghanistan. I hear he was really an outstanding man and officer.

Haven't heard too much from the Burnet folks on here. Hopefully they will chime in.

A little bird told me there is a possibility that this game may have to be played in Burnet. Reasons are, our new field has to be certified and the surrounding track still needs a coating and after applied, nobody can walk on it for 2 days. I sure hope they can get it done. I've heard the new turf was done by the company that did the new Cowboys stadium and also the UT stadium so you would think that it should be right...

I know Burnet has a big football tradition and they are one of the bigger 3A schools while we are one of the smaller. But I'll be there for sure unless they move it to Burnet and I may not be able to make it.

birdie
08-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Our new superintedent told me Friday we will but I did not see any coating on field Sunday they were supposed to be working. However one of the school board mempers said we will know by wednesday, don't forget boosterclub meeting tonight at 7

greendawg84
08-23-2010, 09:43 AM
My Dawgs did not look well against the Vipers on Friday. One fieldgoal each in the live quarter. QB for the Dawgs struggled from the get go, 3 ints in a row. Hopefully they will come together in the next few weeks.

1st and goal
08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Where are they holding the booster club meeting? Same old place?

Coach BS
08-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Giddings 24
Burnet 21

birdie
08-23-2010, 05:48 PM
In high school library, think I spelled that correctly?

GiddingsFan
08-23-2010, 06:05 PM
I was really looking forward to the turf and I believe it is Parents' Night too. I know they were working in the wee hours of the morning this morning.

Ready for a great game wherever it's played!

Go Buffs!

87 TIGER
08-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Giddings in a shut out
buffs 28
dogs 0

LeeCoMom
08-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Per the local press per the coach - turf is supposed to be ready for practice Thursday. Here's hoping to watching the game on the new field!

solocam
08-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Buffs by 21

NastySlot
08-23-2010, 11:15 PM
hey i was planning on making the trip to giddings this friday....could you buff and bulldogs fans please keep me posted on the latest on the location.........thanks in advance.

hookandladder
08-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Giddings by 3 or 4 Td's.

blimp
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
first i want to say my thoughts and prays are with the family of the fallen soldier. thanks to all the brave men and women its b/c of them we have the freedom to play and watch high school football. thanks to all service people out there.

hows the new field looking in giddings? what are they all doing? i havent been by since they start work on it. well honestly i have only been by the new school once. hard to believe i only graduate in 06 and sounds like nothing is the same.

ronwx5x
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by blimp
first i want to say my thoughts and prays are with the family of the fallen soldier. thanks to all the brave men and women its b/c of them we have the freedom to play and watch high school football. thanks to all service people out there.

hows the new field looking in giddings? what are they all doing? i havent been by since they start work on it. well honestly i have only been by the new school once. hard to believe i only graduate in 06 and sounds like nothing is the same.

Just a suggestion as assistance to a new poster. Read the posts above and the talk is all about the new field and track. :)

blimp
08-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Just a suggestion as assistance to a new poster. Read the posts above and the talk is all about the new field and track. :)

ok i read all that. i was wondering if they did anymore then the field and track. stands, locker rooms, etc. just trying to get some info. but thanks for the assistance.:p

buff4ever
08-24-2010, 08:44 AM
new restrooms, ticket booth, fencing, and lots of concrete to include more parking behind field house.

blimp
08-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
new restrooms, ticket booth, fencing, and lots of concrete to include more parking behind field house.

OK sounds like it looks good. hopefully i can get down there this season and catch a few games. do they have any games around Houston this year?

gtownfan
08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
OK sounds like it looks good. hopefully i can get down there this season and catch a few games. do they have any games around Houston this year?

West Orange and Giddings play in Conroe on September 24th (5th game of the season). That's a Saturday.

blimp
08-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
West Orange and Giddings play in Conroe on September 24th (5th game of the season). That's a Saturday.

good good. that's right up the road. ill have to go to that one for sure. thanks gtown.

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Dogs Rule...Buffaloes Drool! :p

1st and goal
08-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Dogs Rule...Buffaloes Drool! :p

Don't be so bitter...:D

1st and goal
08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know if the Buffs will be on the radio this year?

birdie
08-25-2010, 07:57 AM
It's game on at buff field the track got sprayed at 3 am. Man it looks good, look forward to seeing you their!

blimp
08-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by birdie
It's game on at buff field the track got sprayed at 3 am. Man it looks good, look forward to seeing you their!

someone was working late or early.

1st and goal
08-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by birdie

Awesome! I'm already sitting in my favorite bleacher spot reserving it 'til gametime...P.U. that track coating is some strong smelling stuff. I might be getting a bit dizzy from it.;)

NastySlot
08-25-2010, 09:22 AM

ok been a while since i've been to giddings....is there a new high school and stadium.........if so where are they located? I'm planning making the game on Friday....any help is appreciated.

diehard
08-25-2010, 09:49 AM
New School, updated stadium, same location. And it looks it looks awesome!! Can't wait to see the buffs play on the new field.

NastySlot
08-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by diehard
New School, updated stadium, same location. And it looks it looks awesome!! Can't wait to see the buffs play on the new field.

thanks

1st and goal
08-25-2010, 11:05 AM
The stands are the same for now. We just acquired the land behind the visitors' stands so that now we can build new ones there. Then, the homeside will be where the visitors are now.

espn1
08-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Has Giddings ever beaten Burnet?

blimp
08-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
The stands are the same for now. We just acquired the land behind the visitors' stands so that now we can build new ones there. Then, the homeside will be where the visitors are now.

txdot moved then. i havent been out on 77 that way in along while. i know they have been trying to get that land for along time. i heard talk of a new baseball field.

1st and goal
08-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by espn1

Good question...don't know... I think we scrimmaged them last year or year before and we did well but that was then and this is now IYKWIM.

gtownfan
08-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by espn1

Well, Giddings has 2 wins over Burnet.

1953 Giddings won 19-13
1992 Giddings lost 7-14
1993 Giddings won 24-17

Don't know about scrimmages.

So it's been a while since they've meet.

LHdog
08-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Look for #3 Friday night. Burnet has no size on OL or DL. I look for the Buffs to push them around a lot. Buffs by 24.

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Don't be so bitter...:D
I'm not bitter. We still "own" you. :p (At least for now! ;) )

jrhernandez7
08-25-2010, 09:08 PM
word is that giddings is well worthy of there ranking, talent every where. I just have a hard time believing there going to lose on that new field opeing game. giddings well have there track shoes on and just plain out run the bulldogs speed wise I.M.O . burnet will not go away with out a fight tho, i think they will put up a good great effort.

giddings 49 Burnet 24

garciap77
08-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Giddings!!!

buff4ever
08-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Did I mention that I pick Giddings to win this game yet?

blimp
08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Did I mention that I pick Giddings to win this game yet?

why no you haven't. i wish i could be there. does anyone know if it will on the internet any where?

greendawg84
08-26-2010, 02:26 PM
92.5 KBAY out of Marble Falls usally carries the Burnet games.

Gidding = more speed than Burnet... ROFL I will by the size part but there aint no way they have more speed than the Dawgs.

1st and goal
08-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Been waiting a long time for today. Where are all the Burnet posters?

gameface
08-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Good luck Buffs-looks like the green carpet finally got rolled out. Can't wait to czech out the turf when LG comes to town.

birdie
08-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Top of the fourth giddings 28 burnet 0 oh ya! Breakin the new field in rite!

birdie
08-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Burnet 7. Giddings 28 9 min left 4th

birdie
08-27-2010, 10:02 PM
28-14 giddings 227 left

birdie
08-27-2010, 10:12 PM
28 14 giddings final!

1st and goal
08-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, we played very sloppy to say the least. About 8 or 9 illegal procedures, 4 fumbles, lost an onside kick. The worst part is we had some costly injuries that I hope doesn't sideline our players too long.

Burnet played very disciplined ball for the 1st game of the season. Very few mistakes. They didn't bring a whole bunch of players. I tried to count and it seemed fewer than 30 players suited up in pads.

Their last TD was questionable at best, it was a pass to the back of the endzone. The receiver caught the ball while jumping over the back line. The closest ref called for the opposite end ref to make the call and they gave it to them. I guess it really doesn't matter but so many of you had picked a 21 point spread. I hope y'all aren't dissapointed.

If, and I am stating my own opinion, but if we had played better ball control, we could have won by a much bigger margin. We had many subs in during the 4th quarter when Burnet was able to pass on us. They have some quality receivers and a scrappy QB that is hard to bring down.

1st and goal
08-28-2010, 09:04 AM
I did see some things that I really liked, there were some new players that are stepping up and will contribute in a major way. The kicker looked great. Both QB's looked great and more playing time will help them "gel". Eric Rimes was a HOSS. Defensive line played strong. Offensive line really opened up some great holes, just need to wait until the ball was snapped. Burnet's D line was flinching and shifting which was causing our line to jump prematurely. 1st game jitters.

Again, the guys that are getting their chances now looked great. Fresh running backs, linemen, LB's....Too many to mention.

The new field looks awesome. I hope the players enjoyed it.

birdie
08-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Ya you are correct we got the last touchdown on film from 20' away not even close Dana showed it to us no question at least a ft out of bounds but no matter, our sloppy play and weak secondary allowed it to be a factor when it should not have been. Hey it's a W.

GiddingsFan
08-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Go to leecountylive.com

She has the play posted on her page.

Poor officiating.

NastySlot
08-28-2010, 10:14 PM
i was thinking the catch was made ob.....and burnet recovered two onside kicks.....and i think on one (first)..the dogs recovered ob also........credit burnet they suited up 29 and played tough......some one posted something about speed difference that might be but burnet number six is pretty fast....ran down one of those giddings backs on a long run and 25 got around the corner on that zone and wasn't caught.......nice little stadium had a great atmosphere......was nice of the school board to allow the fans on the field to see and experience their tax dollars at work........and by the way Giddings is good and going to get only better as the season goes....they do have speed, size and numbers.

Good Luck to Burnet and Giddings this season.

1st and goal
08-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Yes Burnet has some speed in the backfield. Our RB that got caught is a ground pounder and definitely not our fastest guy. I'm not sure how many yards he ended up with but it was a bunch and he played a heck of a game.