PDA

View Full Version : Week 0 - Needville -vs- Edna

IHStangFan
08-23-2010, 02:00 AM
The Blue Jays will take on Edna at home on Fri. night. Needville loses their QB from last year, but returns both ball carriers, etc. Edna loses their stud but rumor has it that they have plenty of talent to fill his shoes and pick up right where he left off.

Should be a good one in Needville on Fri. night.

Gimme the Jays by a FG or less, because I'm a homer. :clap:

GO JAYS!!

tlc84
08-23-2010, 06:42 AM
I am not sure where you heard your rumors from but there is no one in Edna who can fill the shoes that was there last year. All returning guys on offense will have to step it up a notch or two to make up for this loss. I do feel that the QB replacing Jones is capable of getting the job done but time will tell just how effective he will be. Scrimmages have not turned out liked I hope but we have never done as well as I wanted since I have been here. Hard to predict this one since I have no clue what Needville has but will say the Cowboys win this one in a close game. Defense has faired well so far but have not faced much offense in the 2 scrimmages.

IHStangFan
08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by tlc84
I am not sure where you heard your rumors from but there is no one in Edna who can fill the shoes that was there last year. All returning guys on offense will have to step it up a notch or two to make up for this loss. I do feel that the QB replacing Jones is capable of getting the job done but time will tell just how effective he will be. Scrimmages have not turned out liked I hope but we have never done as well as I wanted since I have been here. Hard to predict this one since I have no clue what Needville has but will say the Cowboys win this one in a close game. Defense has faired well so far but have not faced much offense in the 2 scrimmages. Should be a good test early for both teams! Hopefully I will be there. Might have to work. :(

garciap77
08-24-2010, 09:38 PM
I like The Blue Jays! So, I going with them on this one!:)

DaHop72
08-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Go Edna!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

garciap77
08-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Go Edna!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/advocate-082.gif

IHStangFan
08-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Go Edna!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: Awe....you came to say hello....I feel special. Thank you for stopping by and blessing my thread. ;)

Hope you are doin well Hop. It's been awhile. :)

CheerMom
08-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Have to support Edna...go Cowboys!!

IHStangFan
08-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Houston Chronicle is reporting:

Edna 21
Needville 7

I did not get to go...I JUST got home from work :(

Cowboy_Up
08-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Edna D was the difference. 'Jays scored on game's opening drive but shut out the rest of the way.
Edna O was on and off all night. Kept looking like the Cowboys would blow it wide open but then they'd get stuffed by 'Jays D, which looks to be a strong unit.
All in all a very good win on the road for the Cowboys.

IHStangFan
08-29-2010, 10:38 PM
I was told Jay's starting QB went down early in the game and did not return? Heard he may be out for awhile. Is there any truth to this? :(

onsideanytime
08-30-2010, 08:03 AM
no truth to it, the TB went down early and did not return, i think it was the lehman kid

tlc84
08-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Yes it was the RB--He took a shot on the chin that really rang his bell. Not sure if he busted the chin or got knocked silly but you could tell he was hurt as soon as he took the lick.

dude
08-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Heard those cowboys can bring the wood

Cowboy_Up
08-30-2010, 06:38 PM
No, you heard wrong. That Rozner kid from IHS was on Vic TV and says his team is clearly the strongest team in district.

Cowboys better hit the weight room in a hurry.

IHStangFan
08-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by onsideanytime
no truth to it, the TB went down early and did not return, i think it was the lehman kid DAMN....that's worse than it being the QB.