PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Stadium to Host Championship Games After 2010??

Matthew328
08-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Maybe...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/topstories/stories/082210dnspowixon.46dd439.html

sinton66
08-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Football is SUPPOSED to be played in the elements. Dang UIL, it's all about the money.

coach
08-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Football is SUPPOSED to be played in the elements. Dang UIL, it's all about the money.

i agree but look at it this way and it might change your mind. Picture yourself as a kid. You now have a chance to play in the same stadium as THE Dallas Cowboys. UIl might be about the money but look at it from a kids POV

Yoe_09
08-22-2010, 10:24 PM

I totally agree with you. I would like to see it played at an outdoor smaller stadium like Waco ISD or something similar with more seating.

sinton66
08-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
i agree but look at it this way and it might change your mind. Picture yourself as a kid. You now have a chance to play in the same stadium as THE Dallas Cowboys. UIl might be about the money but look at it from a kids POV

Doesn't change my mind at all. If you're going to make a standard location, it should be in the center of the state, not the far north end. Obviously the UIL doesn't care one bit what the travel expenses will be for the teams.

Emerson1
08-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I totally agree with you. I would like to see it played at an outdoor smaller stadium like Waco ISD or something similar with more seating.
Alamo Stadium or Mesquite ISD are the only ones that have enough capacity that are similar. Waco ISD only holds 11,000.

Anything bigger then 20,000 and you have to go college, if you go college then you might as well go pro.

I like the move. In the 4A state game a few years ago the game high temp was maybe 35* and it was played at a stadium with only 11,000 in seating. It was full 1:30 hours before it started so we were out in the cold for 6 hours.

Other then money, I think this is another reason UIL wanted to do this. You also had the fiasco in 2005 I think when HP played Marshall in a stadium that was way to small and forced thousands of fans not to be able to attend their own teams game.

sinton66
08-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Of COURSE you like the idea, you're in the area. Personally, I think it sucks. Much easier for all concerned to travel to San Antonio if it just HAS to be in a dome.

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I dont want games decideed by the elements for the Title...You say football was meant to be played in the elements...says who? It was played in the elements for so long because there was no other option.

Like the article meantioned
Because if that environment isn't comfortable, some fans are going to stay home or choose not to pay to see multiple games. That's why only 2,000 watched the 1990 4A title game at Waco's Floyd Casey Stadium, where Wilmer-Hutchins beat Austin Westlake in wind chills below zero.

That same year is when My school played for the state title..we played it in the Astrodome and it was such a better situation than what those teams and fans had to go thru in Waco

orange machine
08-23-2010, 01:39 AM
Of COURSE you like the idea, you're in the area. Personally, I think it sucks. Much easier for all concerned to travel to San Antonio if it just HAS to be in a dome.

The alamo dome blows!

Emerson1
08-23-2010, 09:11 AM
I've traveled to Houston and San Antonio for state championship and playoff games, so location has no bearing on whether or not I will attend watching my team in the state championship.

And nice flawed logic. Cowboys Stadium = North central texas, not "far north". Alamadome = south central Texas. Either one is gonna screw someone. So why not have it in the stadium for handling the crowds and watching the game?

Originally posted by orange machine
The alamo dome blows!
Agreed. One of the worst places to watch a game, at least in Cowboys stadium they could open the roof so it's no muggy like the inside of the Alamodome. You could switch the location of the stadiums and I would still rather go to Cowboys Stadium.

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont want games decideed by the elements for the Title...You say football was meant to be played in the elements...says who? It was played in the elements for so long because there was no other option.

These same people also think the spread is the death of the game.

LE Dad
08-23-2010, 09:31 AM
This

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/jdizzle82_album/cowboys-stadium.jpg

>

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/deltabt/2005-08-06/c185.jpg

Just sayin:D

Matthew328
08-23-2010, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing it rotate from San Antonio to Dallas....I doubt travel will be that big of an issue...how often do teams from the southern part of the state even make the title game?? Especially in the bigger classes its fairly rare...maybe 10% of the time?

pirate4state
08-23-2010, 11:58 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry:

boo-freakin-hoo

If you want to go, go. The dates are set well in advance for you to make your plans! :rolleyes:

I used to be a fan of watching football outdoors, but after standing in a monsoon this past year, I will take a nice, warm & dry dome everyday & twice on Sunday!

Matthew328
08-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Its what I did...and I woulda done the same thing if it was in San Antonio