PDA

View Full Version : Little League World Series (Texas Cruises)

sinton66
08-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Just got my first opportunity to watch the team from Pearland in a game. They beat Conneticut tonight in 4 innings 14-1. 14 runs on 13 hits and no errors. The Pearland manager used three pitchers in this game limiting the first two to 35 pitches each. The third pitcher came in to pitch the last batter for Conneticut in the fourth. He threw three consecutive strikes to end the game. Announcers said this is the team from the US everybody needs to watch out for.

IrishTex
08-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I appreciate the update..It was hard for me to find the latest scores...went to ESPN etc. and couldn't find it...
Texas is looking pretty good.

zebrablue2
08-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Watched the last inning on Friday-- they almost blew a 6 run lead, winning 10-8. Tonights game was a b-kicking. These kids are the real deal. Hope they win it all??

sinton66
08-22-2010, 09:26 PM
It was televised on ESPN tonight.

sinton66
08-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Watched the last inning on Friday-- they almost blew a 6 run lead, winning 10-8. Tonights game was a b-kicking. These kids are the real deal. Hope they win it all??

Yeah, the announcers said something tonight about Pearland's second pitcher in the game tonight giving up a grand slam in the last game. They sure looked like the real deal tonight.

piratebg
08-23-2010, 04:38 AM
Pearland looked a lot better tonight. A couple of days ago they had their way for about 3 innings and just got a little too comfortable. They play the winner of Connecticut/Washington on Tuesday at 7pm on ESPN 2.

http://www.littleleague.org/series/2010divisions/llbb/series.htm

VWG
08-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Love me some LL World Series.
It's fun to watch.

I just wish LL would come out and change the rules to allow lead offs. Expand the base paths and let them play real baseball. It takes away from the offensive side of the game.

pirate4state
08-23-2010, 09:51 AM
I watched the Japan/Mexico game the other day. Those two teams are pretty dang good. I love the LLWS!

GO TEXAS!

tlc84
08-23-2010, 10:14 AM
I like what Pearland brings to the table but up to this point they have not faced a pictcher who could reach the 70's with good off speed. If you got a chance to watch the Georgia pitcher that kid is the real deal throwing mid 70's with nasty breaking stuff. I would love to see this game come about with this kid on the mound. Go Southwest and bring the big prize home.

coxjj
08-23-2010, 10:21 PM
I see a Pearland/Asia-Pacific final. Watch out for Asia-Pacific (Taipei). They're mowin' everyone down, 18-0 over Saudi, 23-0 over Canada. That'll be a fun match-up.

Yoe_09
08-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by tlc84
I like what Pearland brings to the table but up to this point they have not faced a pictcher who could reach the 70's with good off speed. If you got a chance to watch the Georgia pitcher that kid is the real deal throwing mid 70's with nasty breaking stuff. I would love to see this game come about with this kid on the mound. Go Southwest and bring the big prize home.

That's if he can throw strikes...and the beginning of the last game he got his pitch count up pretty early.

sinton66
08-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Heard something about Pearland's next game being rescheduled for Wednesday instead of tonight. Not sure though.

coach
08-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Chinese Taipei looked for real beating Canada 23 - 0!

zebrablue2
08-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Heard something about Pearland's next game being rescheduled for Wednesday instead of tonight. Not sure though.

because of rainouts, the next game will be Wed. at 5 p.m.

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Love me some LL World Series.
It's fun to watch.

I just wish LL would come out and change the rules to allow lead offs. Expand the base paths and let them play real baseball. It takes away from the offensive side of the game.

In my view, bases are just too close to allow lead offs. On the local level, the delta between players in the 10/11/12 age range is too vast to allow for this. As it is, on the local level, when you get an advanced player, he steals bases at will. I think in the LLWS it would be the same because of the high talent level, the base runner would make it almost every time. To change this rule would be to change the entire game plan of this age group.