PDA

View Full Version : Starting QB for La Grange?

TRENCHES06
08-22-2010, 08:39 PM
who's taking over?

hookandladder
08-23-2010, 06:21 AM
No decision has been made yet, maybe today or maybe by game day. The sophmore ran most of the plays with the 1st team ofense in the Cuero scrimmage, so for what that is worth. As long as the OL plays the way they did against Cuero , either QB should be able to run our offense. With running the wing T last year in JV and Freshmen level, the offense will take some time. Wilkerson looks to be better then ever, so whoever ends up the QB will have a big advantage over most teams.

TRENCHES06
08-23-2010, 07:51 AM
If the pup can take control of the offense, the Leps will be better for it in the long run.

Pudlugger
08-23-2010, 08:32 AM
From what I saw during the Cuero scrimmage the sophomore really impressed me more. He has a good arm and IIRC he didn't throw any of the three interceptions. If he can get the ball off quickly to the receivers the Lep offense will cook.

Pudlugger
08-24-2010, 10:10 AM
I wonder how the Lep offense is doing this week after two scrimmages in preparation for the opener against Lockhart? I hope the qb question is resolved by then as two qbs alternating each series just doesn't work well. The receivers have enough difficulty adjusting to a new qb let alone two different ones.
:thinking:

hookandladder
08-24-2010, 06:48 PM
There has been no annoucement however I am pretty sure the players have a pretty good idea who will start the game.

jrhernandez7
08-24-2010, 07:37 PM
what if any is the new scheme in lg, all new coaching i got to imagine some sorts of new scheme

PutMeInCoach
08-25-2010, 04:03 PM
The scheme is to beat the opponent. The man is a brilliant. :evillol:

jrhernandez7
08-25-2010, 06:25 PM
i sure do hope so. heard he was a d-cordinator before this gig. the spread last yr made it realy hard for opposing D fenses to key in on that play making wr #9. If lg is going to a more pro style offense i would have concerns, espicaly if that running game takes a wile to mature. and the qb is still up in the air, idk lg looks a little shaky coming into this year. I hope they still gona sling the ball around, from the outside looking in, thats when lg is most dangerous.

Pudlugger
08-25-2010, 06:37 PM
The Leps are going with the spread offense again this year. The only change I noticed was that they may be going with a huddle rather than the fast paced no huddle offense of the former coach. The Leps will be back.;)

jrhernandez7
08-25-2010, 08:30 PM
oo, they will be fine then. Im intrested to see what the young qb does against 4a lockhart. might not be as talented as other 4a's but will have the debth advnatage and on a warm august night that might be an important key. where is this game being played?

Pudlugger
08-26-2010, 12:40 AM
La Grange 7:30