PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Wimberley Texans @ Cuero Gobblers

CueroDad08
08-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Who will take this first week matchup?
Texans or Gobblers

bulldog82
08-22-2010, 12:03 AM
as much as i hate to , cuero wins.............. check wimberely injury report! smith banged up, blakemore injured, leading tackler out for year, linemen..... one with shoulder separation, other had surgery on shoulder. not the showing everyone is hoping for.

Gobbler Fan
08-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Hate to hear about injuries but the fact of the matter is injuries are part of the game of Football ... You play the hand dealt you and move on no excuses . Cuero lost one of the top backs in the State in '04 *Cooper* in our first scrimmage for the year ....we made it to the State Finals .

Cuero by 14

garciap77
08-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Cuero by 14!

solocam
08-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Gobblers by 17

fresh-j
08-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Trent Jackson > Dennis Smith

Cuero > Wimberley

However, I give Wimberley a chance (not saying they will win it) to upset them, especially if they were healthy, but since they aren't, Cuero by 21.

gold_33
08-22-2010, 09:58 AM
I was excited about this game til injuries struck us but I still think it will be a pretty good game. Smith will be back and that helps but Cuero at home will be tough for us to beat, I think they will have too much speed for us and without Blakemore on D we didnt look very fast. I do believe though that we will meet again in the playoffs and it could be a different ballgame because we should have most the injured guys back by district and Im hearing there is a chance for Blakemore to even be back by then, but it will probably be a rough pre-district schedule for us.

Green Bling
08-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Repost from another thread:
This will be a great test for both teams. Look for the Gobblers to come out on top of this tough contest. And..

As per the Cuero Record
Cuero's season opener against Wimberley just got bigger.

Fox Sports Southwest has selected the Aug. 27 game at Gobbler Stadium to be the site of its Zero Week "High School Road Tour."

There will be six tents set up with video monitors showing football highlights. There will be games for all ages like football toss, putting greens, bean bag toss, etc. There will be a face-painting tent and free T-shirts handed out.

OldBison75
08-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Cuero is nearly unbeatable at home and this year will be no exception. The Texans will have to have a great overall game and have alot of new faces step way up to keep this game close. If all of the Texans were healthy, I think it would be an exciting game. However, I still think that Cuero would win. Jackson would have been the difference if all were heathy, now he will get 200 yards and probably only play three quarters.

Cuero 35
Wimberley 14

1st and goal
08-22-2010, 01:19 PM
While for excitement's sake, I'd like a close game but I think Wimberley has too many players hurt. My guess is the new coach at Cuero has probably doubled down on fitness and has his team in shape. Considering Cuero is the home team, new coach and Wimberley's on the mend, I have to give Cuero a 21 point edge. Nothing against Wimberley but it will be more a matter of how long Cuero's 1st stringers stay in.

Reds fan
08-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Cuero is nearly unbeatable at home and this year will be no exception. The Texans will have to have a great overall game and have alot of new faces step way up to keep this game close. If all of the Texans were healthy, I think it would be an exciting game. However, I still think that Cuero would win. Jackson would have been the difference if all were heathy, now he will get 200 yards and probably only play three quarters.

Cuero 35
Wimberley 14

Gotta go with OldBison75 wisdom here!

headhunter
08-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Why do so many think that injuries are the reason Wimberley may lose? It would not matter, Cuero would win by two scores if both teams were a 100% healthy, given the injuries I put the spread at Cuero -17.

Wimberley is good no doubt, they are one of the top 5 teams in Region IV. The only thing is they are going up against arguablly the best team in the region who may be one of the fastest teams in the state. I think Wimberley will have a lot of success however in Week 0 I think the Gobblers are the more talented and better team.

wimbo_pro
08-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Hate to hear about injuries but the fact of the matter is injuries are part of the game of Football ... You play the hand dealt you and move on no excuses . Cuero lost one of the top backs in the State in '04 *Cooper* in our first scrimmage for the year ....we made it to the State Finals .

Cuero by 14

Very true Gobbler Fan..no excuses coming out of Wimberley. You play the cards...and do your best. We plan on winning, you can be sure of that.

jrhernandez7
08-22-2010, 05:59 PM
how has the passing game of wimberly looking early on??? we know about there rb, are they just giving it to him 75 percent of the time or spreading the ball around??

wimbo_pro
08-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
how has the passing game of wimberly looking early on??? we know about there rb, are they just giving it to him 75 percent of the time or spreading the ball around??
If previous years are any indication, we are close to 50-50. But we were blessed with a mobile QB move-in (Brady Lambert) who has a good arm and is fast on his feet as well. We have lost our most able receiver to injury (Blakemore), and lost one of our best blockers to injury as well. So...what does this mean? I dont know for sure. I just know we will run much the same type of offensive attack, but we will have the option of running the ball in a scramble with more confidence, and play action passing with Smith holding the linebackers in close. My guess is that when the season is done, it will be close to 60-40 running.

CueroDad08
08-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Cuero also has there fair share of the injury bug.
Starting Nose guard is out for what could be a season ending injury.
Starting right defensive end is out, for 2-3 more weeks.
And a back up RB will be out for 2 more weeks.
It's part of the game, and everyone has to deal with it every season. The teams with good coaching will have the back ups ready to fill in.

wimbo_pro
08-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Very true CueroDad. Injuries is a weak excuse when the season is said and done.

gold_33
08-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Even with our injuries I still think this game is gonna be close and a good one. We still have some kids that can ball but just need to step it up and fill in for the players we lost. Giddings was a great test for us and showed what we needed to work on and improve at, we didnt have Smith on offense so its hard to gauge our starting O without him in there because it changes the game completely. Guess we will find out on Friday!!!

12thMan
08-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Wimberley will have players step up and make it a good game. Injuries or not, Cuero wins by 14!

jrhernandez7
08-23-2010, 06:24 PM
i think confidence could be an issue with the texans, and going into cuero you better believe 100percent in your team and your gameplan and dont think wimberly is anywhere near that at this time. smith will keep it close early but will run out of gas in the second haf

cureo 35 wimberly 17

gold_33
08-24-2010, 10:28 AM
I just enjoy the amount of respect both us and Cuero have towards each other, not much trash talking between the fans nor players, we all know that the game will be won on the field and until they strap it on you can never tell how these games can turn out because I think the kids on both sides give their all during this match up and its always an intense, physical game. In 06 at the Alamodome I think that game drained our team and when we played Hondo the next week we just didnt look the same. Win or lose Im glad to see this matchup for the next two years and there is a good chance we could be playing 4 times in the next two years which should be enteraining!!

Mean Green Fan
08-24-2010, 12:43 PM
This should be a good game for week O for both teams.
Judging by what I gleamed from the scrimmages I gotta go with Cuero by 21

gobblerfan34
08-24-2010, 12:44 PM
What a way to start the season, should be one of the best games this week

GO MEAN GREEN

buff4ever
08-24-2010, 01:48 PM
With the hype around Cuero this year, and with what we saw last week, Cuero in a 21+ point victory

LHexPlayer
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
I hope Wimberley wears them Gobblers out so they are less potent for the game next week against my Panthers. But I'm afraid Cuero rolls in this one. Good luck to both squads on an injury free game.

IHStangFan
08-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Gimme Cuero by 10, but for the first time in YEARS I say that with a little reservation as they lost a lot to grad AND have a new HC.

Has the makings of a decent one!

gobbler grad
08-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm only taking Cuero, cause were playing at home, we have a new coach, we have a new pressbox, and a home game winning streak of 30 plus games...good luck Texans...:wave: :wave:

The Kracken
08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
i think that the most interesting parts of this game will be the quarterback play

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Cuero wins, its just another notch in the home town team's belt of visitors being whooped good. Who can argue with this level of success?

Wimberley wins, its possibly a season maker for them. Can you even imagine a Texan victory? We can. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No...what fool would say that? But Cuero isn't invincible at home...no team is. We plan on winning this game.

12thMan
08-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Cuero wins, its just another notch in the home town team's belt of visitors being whooped good. Who can argue with this level of success?

Wimberley wins, its possibly a season maker for them. Can you even imagine a Texan victory? We can. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No...what fool would say that? But Cuero isn't invincible at home...no team is. We plan on winning this game.

You are exactly right, Cuero Isn't invincible at home. If we ever start thinking like that, we're in a lot of trouble. I know Wimberley has a lot of injuries, but they will have the players ready to play.

wimbo_pro
08-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
You are exactly right, Cuero Isn't invincible at home. If we ever start thinking like that, we're in a lot of trouble. I know Wimberley has a lot of injuries, but they will have the players ready to play.

So true 12thMan...we are pumped and ready to see a good game! It really doesnt get any better than this...two teams who respect each other immensely. One team with decades of successful football history and another who wants to have the same respect you have earned from the rest of the state. We can only get that respect by beating teams like Cuero at home. It really is that simple.

JT44
08-26-2010, 07:33 AM
when was the last time wimberley came down to cuero? around 95 or 96? I think these teams were in same district back then.

TexDad
08-26-2010, 08:16 AM
I was there but can't remember if it was 94 or 95, that's the two years we were it the same district.......that was ugly, took a beating those two years.

gold_33
08-26-2010, 10:09 AM
94 we lost 61-0, and 95 lost 71-14......pretty ugly!!

JT44
08-26-2010, 10:20 AM
but wasn't that wimberley's first year in 3a? I remember going to play basketball there ....on a carpet gym floor and getting dressed in a classroom

gold_33
08-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah we moved up in '94. That gym with carpet was at the old high school, it was terrible, you'd get some massive carpet burns.

FmrPirate14
08-26-2010, 03:15 PM
I got to take Cuero in this one, they are always ready to go on week 0

Daddy D 11
08-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Wimberley>Cuero

Gobbler Fan
08-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Wimberley>Cuero

:lies: :hand:

Daddy D 11
08-26-2010, 04:57 PM
:lies: :hand:

:devil: :stirpot: :taunt:

Is Jackson healthy now? Heard he didn't suit up in one of yalls scrimmages?

CueroDad08
08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Well almost 24 hrs away from the start of another High School Football season in Cuero. And the whole town is talking about how they cant wait to see just how good the Gobblers are this year. Good luck to both the Texans and the Gobblers, and lets hope ALL the kids come out of this with no huge injuries.

CueroDad08
08-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
:devil: :stirpot: :taunt:

Is Jackson healthy now? Heard he didn't suit up in one of yalls scrimmages?

Jackson was never hurt. Not sure were you got that from?
He was held out in La Grange scrimmage.

Gobbler Fan
08-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Im pretty jacked up to see the new Defense :redxpoke:

Daddy D 11
08-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Jackson was never hurt. Not sure were you got that from?
He was held out in La Grange scrimmage.

Just heard he got held out from a scrimmage, i could only assume it was for injury and not just for the hell of it

12thMan
08-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Im pretty jacked up to see the new Defense :redxpoke:

You are gonna love the new defense! Just from the little I saw vs. La Grange, I was impressed.

I will not be there. I thought i would make it down to cuero to see the Mean Green smack some Texans around, but it's not going to happen, just to far to drive. Good luck to both teams.

Go Mean Green!!!

wimbo_pro
08-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
I thought i would make it down to cuero to see the Mean Green smack some Texans around, but it's not going to happen....

you got THAT much right! LOL

gold_33
08-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Our JV looked solid tonite with a 30-8 win, fresham lost 27-6 though. Lookin forward to tomorrow night!!

Maroon87
08-26-2010, 11:57 PM
I saw Trent Jackson last year vs. Gilmer. That kid is a freakin stud.

Cuero by 20.

KingRob
08-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Gobblers run away with it in the second half. Sure do wish I could be there! 44IAR, Rojosgirl, and Green Bling, y'all be sure and yell and holler a few times for me since I can't be there!

Survey says:

Cuero - 35
Wimberley - 14

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Green Bling
08-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
Gobblers run away with it in the second half. Sure do wish I could be there! 44IAR, Rojosgirl, and Green Bling, y'all be sure and yell and holler a few times for me since I can't be there!

Survey says:

Cuero - 35
Wimberley - 14

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
Good to hear from you KRob!! You can bet we'll be loud and enthusiastic!! Hope all is well with you and that you able to stay in touch! GO, MEAN GREEN!!

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by KingRob

Survey says:

Cuero - 35
Wimberley - 14

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

I think it will be the other way, KingRob. Cuero jumps out front early, Wimberley adjusts and fights back to make the 4th quarter a close one...and then Wimberley pulls it out in a squeaker!!!

gobbler grad
08-27-2010, 09:24 AM
only time will tell...can't wait for kick-off...:clap: :clap: :1popcorn:

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 09:35 AM
What??? You expect me to predict a loss???? LOL What kind of a dedicated fan would do that on an open forum? The kids read this stuff too, ya know!

44INAROW
08-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Gobblers unveil new defense in opener
By MIKE FORMAN •
Originally published August 26, 2010 at 11:21 p.m., updated August 26, 2010 at 11:21 p.m.
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2010/aug/26/cuerofb_082710_108656/?sports&local-sports

•INSIDERead about all the area football games on C4

CUERO - Kelly Black coached with Rick Owens at Taft, but that wasn't why he was hired as Cuero's defensive coordinator.

"I looked at four or five guys," said Owens, who was promoted to Cuero's head coach last spring after Mark Reeve resigned to become the defensive coordinator at Texas Lutheran University. "His scheme is what we had a hard time running the ball against. It makes us do something different. It's tough to run against in a two-back set."

Black learned the defense, which was made popular by Converse Judson and utilizes a five-man front, when he worked as an assistant at Mathis.

He used the scheme when he became the defensive coordinator at Beeville and as the head coach in his hometown of Agua Dulce the last two seasons.

"The philosophy is we're going to stop the run and make them pass," Black said. "We're going to stack the box to make them throw.

"All those years we've done that you end up playing a lot of man and all those teams that are more athletic you kind of cringe a little bit and worry about it," he added. "Our kids always held their own and did a good job with it. I don't think I'll cringe as much here when we go to man."

Black began teaching the Gobblers the basics of the defense in the spring and started installing it during two-a-days.

"He's simplified it a lot at the beginning and we're just kind of adding on each week," said Cuero linebacker Tanner Hoffman. "We've made a lot of progress so far and it's going to get better and better each week."

Black has been impressed with the Gobblers' ability to adapt to the defense after spending the last seven years in Reeve's scheme.

"They were very, very fundamentally sound to begin with," Black said. "Coach Reeve, that's a testament to him and the way he did things.

"And they know football and that makes it easier. That part's easier than some of the places I've been. It's come along faster."

Hoffman has been pleased with the defense's progress, but knows it's far from a finished product.

"When you know what you're doing and understand everything you just go out there and play," he said. "Once we get that down we'll just be playing and reacting. We won't have to think about it and we'll be a lot better."

The Gobblers won't have to wait long to find out how much they need to improve.

No. 4 Cuero puts its 33-game winning streak at Gobbler Stadium on the line in the season opener Friday night against Wimberley.

The Texans are led by junior running back Dennis Smith, who rushed for 1,587 yards and 27 touchdowns last season.

The 6-foot-1, 215-pound Smith has committed to Texas A&M.

"A&M, they're not a bunch of dummies," Black said. "He's outstanding. It's going to be a good test for us."

The Gobblers are anxious for the challenge and to see where they stand.

"Every week we add a little bit more and do what we do," Black said. "We're only going to put on as much as they know what to do.

"There are a lot of things we haven't got to and we'll eventually get to them. We're going to be sound fundamentally and we're going to work on those things first."

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Low scoring, close game... Cuero's home winning streak bumps up to 34...

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Good to know! To the air we go!!!

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 10:52 AM
To the air we go!!!

Now I I dunno if we'll kick ya that hard, but hard yes! Ha

Gobbler Fan
08-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Good to know! To the air we go!!!

Good Luck with that ;)

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Now I I dunno if we'll kick ya that hard, but hard yes! Ha and the trash talk finally begins!!!

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 11:53 AM
we're gonna beat you guys so bad the cops are gonna issue an "assault and battery" warrant on our team!

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 11:58 AM
we're gonna beat you guys so bad, your new team colors will be Black and Blue!!!

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
We're gonna beat you guys so bad, your new School Song will be "I Fall To Pieces".

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:03 PM
We're gonna beat you guys so bad, you'll qualify for Disaster Relief Aid from the Governor!

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:04 PM
We're gonna beat you guys so bad, your new School Song will be "I Fall To Pieces".

haha, love that one...

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:04 PM
We're gonna beat you guys so bad, it will be forbidden to speak your name in public again!

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:05 PM
OK...your turn.

rojosgirl
08-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Better wake up from that bad dream or you'll never make it to the game. :taunt:

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:09 PM
We're gunna beat you guys so bad everyone in the state will have a moment of silence before their games next week...

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:11 PM
We're gonna beat you guys so bad, even Linsday Lohan will look like a winner compared to you!

Green Bling
We're gonna beat you guys so bad, it will be forbidden to speak your name in public again!
MY, My!!:tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

Gobbla2001
We'll be beating you guys so bad by the 2nd quarter tonight the cops will be running on the field with their tasers...

wimbo_pro
We're gunna beat you guys so bad everyone in the state will have a moment of silence before their games next week...
LOLOL

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:13 PM
We're going to embarrass Wimberley so bad tonight that in week 1 of the NFL season the Indianapolis Colts will go up against the Houston Gobblers...

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:13 PM
We'll be beating you guys so bad by the 2nd quarter tonight the cops will be running on the field with their tasers...

They'll be the ONLY Cuero residents getting anywhere running on the field tonight....

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:15 PM
They'll be the ONLY Cuero residents getting anywhere running on the field tonight....

Psshhh, none of our players are legal Cuero residents... Celina isn't the only team that recruits...

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Psshhh, none of our players are legal Cuero residents... Celina isn't the only team that recruits...

Good point. Scratch that one.

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.cuerorecord.com/newspics/Cuero%20backs%208-25.jpg

Wimberley is so bad, Cuero won't bother issuing helmets until next week (Cuero Record photo)....

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:31 PM
http://www.cuerorecord.com/newspics/Cuero%20backs%208-25.jpg

Wimberley is so bad, Cuero won't bother issuing helmets until next week (Cuero Record photo)....

This is how WE see that photo.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/buse_6/fatcracker/cuerobacks2.jpg

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:32 PM
haha...

Probably could roll out the volleyball team and get a dubya :D

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:36 PM
haha...

Probably could roll out the volleyball team and get a dubya :D

More ladies on the field wont help you.

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:40 PM
More ladies on the field wont help you.

true, too much complaining and question askin'...

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:41 PM
true, too much complaining and question askin'...

so true.

rojosgirl
08-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Now, now! :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Now, now! :rolleyes:

see... already complainin'...

LHexPlayer
08-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Wimperly goes down hard and Wimbo cries in his whiskey tonight.

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer

what kind of wiskey, I'll help him out maybe...

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:55 PM

No need for comments outa Liberty Shrill.

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:56 PM
what kind of wiskey, I'll help him out maybe...

We'll be at Philly Station after the game...win or lose! Stop by!

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 12:57 PM

uh oh...

LHexPlayer

Is there any truth to the rumor that Wimperly petitioned the UIL to leave Liberty Hill's district? Heard that it was because they just couldn't stomach to lose 4 years in a row.

Gobbla2001
We'll be at Philly Station after the game...win or lose! Stop by!

been meaning to make my way to Cuero and try that place out... still haven't made up my mind on the game tonight... Port O'Connor or Cuero? man, I just don't know...

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 12:59 PM
been meaning to make my way to Cuero and try that place out... still haven't made up my mind on the game tonight... Port O'Connor or Cuero? man, I just don't know...

you're kidding, right?

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Is there any truth to the rumor that Wimperly petitioned the UIL to leave Liberty Hill's district? Heard that it was because they just couldn't stomach to lose 4 years in a row.

We did indeed. After winning the previous 3 contests, and then seeing just how bad you guys have gotten lately, we just didnt want to smash you and wipe out any remaining self respect you might have!!! Other teams will be doing that this year just like last year...we just didnt want to be a part of it. We love you,man!!!LOL

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 01:01 PM
you're kidding, right?

Not kidding... PO'C has kicked our rears for the most part this summer and I'm not gunna be happy until I slay some fish there... might keep more to make up for previous no-limit days... screw the fish populations...

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Not kidding... PO'C has kicked our rears for the most part this summer and I'm not gunna be happy until I slay some fish there... might keep more to make up for previous no-limit days... screw the fish populations...

Wow...never thought you'd miss this game. Well, we will most probably meet again in the play offs, assuming we both stay healthy (been a tough road so far)...see you then maybe!

LHexPlayer
08-27-2010, 01:04 PM
We did indeed. After winning the previous 3 contests, and then seeing just how bad you guys have gotten lately, we just didnt want to smash you and wipe out any remaining self respect you might have!!! Other teams will be doing that this year just like last year...we just didnt want to be a part of it. We love you,man!!!LOL

You guys are just so nice. We're glad that you guys are gone anyways. Now we don't have to get charged $10 to park at your stadium anymore. Do you guys got Jerry Jones running things over there?

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 01:05 PM
You guys are just so nice. We're glad that you guys are gone anyways. Now we don't have to get charged $10 to park at your stadium anymore. Do you guys got Jerry Jones running things over there?

LOL...funny thing is...none of us locals pay that money, we all park just down the ways a bit so we can gather monies from the visitors!! LOL...actually, I think it was $5, but who's counting! Plus, you can see where the money goes...you might wanna try it and upgrade your facilities!

LHexPlayer
08-27-2010, 01:08 PM
LOL...funny thing is...none of us locals pay that money, we all park just down the ways a bit so we can gather monies from the visitors!! LOL...actually, I think it was $5, but who's counting! Plus, you can see where the money goes...you might wanna try it and upgrade your facilities!

We weren't dumb enough to park there either but it was 10 bucks. Couldn't believe it. The lot was pretty much empty. I figured it was for the new turf you guys were needing at the time.

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 01:11 PM
OK...enough talk with Liberty Hill Ex's...lets get back to the trash talk between us two!!!

We are gonna beat you guys so bad that you are going to feel like Liberty Hill 09!!!!

Gobbla2001
08-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Liberty Hill: The Hailey's Comet of Texas High School Football... "Oh my! Wow! Oooh! So awesome! Awwww, gone for another 70 years..."[:(]

Cuero and Wimberley are goin retro tonight, back to the mid 90s...

LHexPlayer
08-27-2010, 01:21 PM
OK...enough talk with Liberty Hill Ex's...lets get back to the trash talk between us two!!!

We are gonna beat you guys so bad that you are going to feel like Liberty Hill 09!!!!

The same Liberty HIll 09 that beat your Texans. hahahaha We may have had a bad season but we still beat Wimperly. And to make this relevant for this thread, GO CUERO!!!!

wimbo_pro
08-27-2010, 02:30 PM
The same Liberty HIll 09 that beat your Texans. hahahaha We may have had a bad season but we still beat Wimperly. And to make this relevant for this thread, GO CUERO!!!!

Oh yeah...well..THAT wont work as trash talk then! You won three in a row...we won three in a row previously....we got a rubber match coming if you make the play offs. THATS RIGHT!!! You Wont!! LOL

It's been fun, all my Cuero friends, I gotta get on the road to your little hamlet. Let's all hope for a good, clean game and no injuries...and may the most prepared team win!!! (I will save the "may the BEST team win" until the play offs!!!)

Go Texans!!!

Gobblers11B
08-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Can't wait 4 more hours game time

lbjacj
08-27-2010, 07:37 PM
game not on gobbler radio?

SHSBulldog00
08-28-2010, 12:57 AM
What's the Final?

wimbo_pro
08-28-2010, 12:59 PM

Ummmmm....Not quite.

LHexPlayer
08-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Ummmmm....Not quite.

I know it. Dang! Congrats on the win and I hope your trip was awesome:)

Rocket
08-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I know it. Dang! Congrats on the win and I hope your trip was awesome:)

Get a room..

wimbo_pro
08-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Get a room..

LOL@Rocket...sorry. Two recent state champ fans talkin', I'm sure it doesnt go over well with you Ronald Reagan era champs.

Rocket
08-28-2010, 08:29 PM
LOL@Rocket...sorry. Two recent state champ fans talkin', I'm sure it doesnt go over well with you Ronald Reagan era champs.

Recent? or more recent... You haven't sniffed a state championship in a few years and LH has already forgot what it smells like.

wimbo_pro
08-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Recent? or more recent... You haven't sniffed a state championship in a few years and LH has already forgot what it smells like.

And this coming from the Helen Keller of State champs!! LOL