PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Bulls 8U Baseball

Bull's-eye
08-21-2010, 09:47 PM
The Bellville Bulls 8 & under select team made a visit to Sugar Land for a local baseball tournament. The team from Bellville defeated Katy 28-5 in their first game and then closed out the day with a 24-2 thumping of Memorial City. I was really impressed at how good these kids played, not only could they swing the bats, but they also played some stellar defense. Bellville slugged 3 home runs, one being a grand slam. Coaching staff looked sharp, Coach Cerney would be very proud. Good luck to Kyle & Kyler and the rest of the Bulls as they head into the championship round.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Sounds like these kids that won the District 13 LL Crown are still on a roll playing Select Ball now. Any Idea what time they play tommorrow?

Bull's-eye
08-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Just found out that most of the boys on that team are only 7 years old. Bellville will be loaded in 2019. :)

zebrablue2
08-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The Bellville Bulls 8 & under select team made a visit to Sugar Land for a local baseball tournament. The team from Bellville defeated Katy 28-5 in their first game and then closed out the day with a 24-2 thumping of Memorial City. I was really impressed at how good these kids played, not only could they swing the bats, but they also played some stellar defense. Bellville slugged 3 home runs, one being a grand slam. Coaching staff looked sharp, Coach Cerney would be very proud. Good luck to Kyle & Kyler and the rest of the Bulls as they head into the championship round.

good luck to k & K and all the young bulls today! keep the fluids readily available( especially for that little catcher):D go kick some booty!!!

XMan
08-22-2010, 08:24 AM
First off, with the coaching these boys have, I dont see any chance of them ever losing with this team. Secondly, the sad part is that when these boys get older football will be pushed down there throat and they may never see their true baseball potential. Unless thing change, these boys will have to go through football offseason every day before they are allowed to practice baseball. Maybe some of the parents of these particular boys can make some waves and get this outrageous policy fixed.

Bull's-eye
08-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
good luck to k & K and all the young bulls today! keep the fluids readily available( especially for that little catcher):D go kick some booty!!!

That little catcher did a great job behind the plate, he even nailed a runner trying to steal second. I believe he went 10-10 hitting, including 2 perfect bunts for hits.

Bull's-eye
08-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Update from the tournament:

The Bellville Bulls advances to the semi-finals with a 14-4 win over the Toros. Next game at 1:00 pm.

Red Bull
08-23-2010, 12:42 PM
I got the opportunity to watch these boys play all stars in Sealy and yes they can surely hit. They field the ball well too and are fundamentally sound on all aspects of the game. They are well coached and the main thing is it looks like the kids love to play the game.

How did they end up in the Sugar Land tournament?

BrahmaMom
08-23-2010, 02:56 PM
WOOHOO, Brahmas in the making. Play hard!

Bull's-eye
08-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
I got the opportunity to watch these boys play all stars in Sealy and yes they can surely hit. They field the ball well too and are fundamentally sound on all aspects of the game. They are well coached and the main thing is it looks like the kids love to play the game.

How did they end up in the Sugar Land tournament?

They ended up placing third, losing 14-7 in the semi-finals to a team from Texas City. The boys just ran out of gas, late game on Saturday followed by an early start on Sunday finally took its toll. They did win the first game, but you could tell they weren't hitting like the night before.