PDA

View Full Version : Cowgirls

Keith7
08-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Romo - 4-11 <-- ya he sucks

LE Dad
08-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Romo - 4-11 <-- ya he sucks 1 of those 4 was a TD. 25% of his completions resulted in a TD??? Not bad!:thinking:

See Keith every cloud has a silver lining.:)

Unless you live in Philly then it is probably just filled with toxic waste....:D

DDBooger
08-21-2010, 09:33 PM
That D was getting carved up by the Chargers running game.

LE Dad
08-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
That D was getting carved up by the Chargers running game. SD is certainly not missing LT much tonight.

coach
08-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Romo - 4-11 <-- ya he sucks

Philadelphia Eagles - 0-44<-- ya yall suck

TheDOCTORdre
08-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Didn't Philly just lose last night to a team that D allas already beat? I'm just sayin

LE Dad
08-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Didn't Philly just lose last night to a team that D allas already beat? I'm just sayin I would think that a "real" fan of a team would start threads about the team he supports...

but the only threads that Keith starts are about the Cowboys....

hmmmm.:thinking:

coach
08-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I would think that a "real" fan of a team would start threads about the team he supports...

but the only threads that Keith starts are about the Cowboys....

hmmmm.:thinking:

thats bc when he was a kid the boys sucked and he is one of those ppl who cant follow a team when they are bad so he decided to get on the philly bandwagon and trash dallas

BullsFan
08-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by coach
thats bc when he was a kid the boys sucked and he is one of those ppl who cant follow a team when they are bad so he decided to get on the philly bandwagon and trash dallas

That can't be completely true. He still follows Philly, right?

coach
08-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
That can't be completely true. He still follows Philly, right?

but he doesnt want to be seen as a bandwagoner so he stays with philly but continues to be a bigger cowboy basher bc he thinks its cool

Ranger Mom
08-21-2010, 10:48 PM
It's all a joke around our house. I have told my husband over the years about Keith7's love/hate (yes, I think Keith secretly loves them) relationship with the Cowboys.

Anytime the Cowboys do something good, my husband says, "I bet Keith7 hates that" or something to that effect.

He especially loved saying it when the Cowboys and Eagles played!!!

So.....thanks for the laughs Keith7!!:D

coach
08-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's all a joke around our house. I have told my husband over the years about Keith7's love/hate (yes, I think Keith secretly loves them) relationship with the Cowboys.

Anytime the Cowboys do something good, my husband says, "I bet Keith7 hates that" or something to that effect.

i will give you credit kieth..im glad to have you on the board bc it makes it interesting to have a "bad guy" on the board

pirate4state
08-21-2010, 10:55 PM

LOL @ Jimmie

We need to have margaritas soon! :D

Ranger Mom
08-21-2010, 10:56 PM
i will give you credit kieth..im glad to have you on the board bc it makes it interesting to have a "bad guy" on the board

I agree!!

He makes me laugh....on AND off the board!!!:D

BullsFan
08-22-2010, 01:02 AM
but he doesnt want to be seen as a bandwagoner so he stays with philly but continues to be a bigger cowboy basher bc he thinks its cool

I meant that he couldn't be someone who wouldn't root for a team that sucks because he's still a Philly fan. ;)

IrishTex
08-22-2010, 08:45 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/LewP/27460_1403103242_7568_n.jpg

garciap77
08-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/LewP/27460_1403103242_7568_n.jpg

:clap:

Charlie47
08-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Aw shucks, what a waste, I thought Keith7 was was going to show
us some pictures of the Cowboy's cheerleaders!;) :eek:

GetRDoneStangs
08-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Nope...a NOOO SHOW as expected...

Keith7
08-22-2010, 08:28 PM
1 of those 4 was a TD. 25% of his completions resulted in a TD??? Not bad!:thinking:

What the numbers don't show is he actually completed 5 passes.. The fifth being an interception so I guess 20% of his completions will be to the other team :eek:

Keith7
08-22-2010, 08:33 PM

When I was a kid Dallas was winning 3 super bowls :weeping:

Rest assured guys, I'm a true Philadelphia Eagles fans. I have been since I could comprehend the game football.. I went to my first Eagles/cowgirls game in 1992, rocked an Eagles starter jacket in 4th grade, suffered through the Ty/Koy Detmer/Rodney Peete years and have been with them through the winningest decade of any NFC team from 2000-2009.

I'm glad you guys can get some humor out of it though..

IrishTex
08-22-2010, 09:07 PM

Rest assured guys, I'm a true Philadelphia Eagles fans. I have been since I could comprehend the game football.. I went to my first Eagles/cowgirls game in 1992, rocked an Eagles starter jacket in 4th grade, suffered through the Ty/Koy Detmer/Rodney Peete years and have been with them through the winningest decade of any NFC team from 2000-2009.

And how many Super Bowls??

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/LewP/trophy_-1.jpg

eagleqb_14
08-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Romo - 4-11 <-- ya he sucks wait until the regular season starts. it will be like 50-50:D :D

bigwood33
08-22-2010, 09:25 PM

Just being a contrarian...that should surprise no one on this board.

Keith7
08-22-2010, 09:38 PM
And how many Super Bowls??

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/LewP/trophy_-1.jpg

This is racist

zebrablue2
08-22-2010, 09:43 PM
This is racist

no, thats some darn good chicken and gravy-- but still, no SB trophy for ur eagles.. good luck this season...:evillol:

Keith7
08-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
no, thats some darn good chicken and gravy-- but still, no SB trophy for ur eagles.. good luck this season...:evillol:

Why would the Eagles have fried chicken in their trophy case? :doh:

IrishTex
08-22-2010, 09:50 PM

Cause it's the only thing they CAN have in their trophy case...it certainly isn't a Super Bowl trophy. They couldn't put fried Eagle in there,,so the substituted chicken...why is that racist? Are you trying to get away from the fact that your team has never won a Super Bowl?

Ranger Mom
08-22-2010, 09:52 PM

When you said it was racist, I had to think long and hard about what you were even talking about!!!

I didn't even pay as much attention to the bucket of chicken as I did the otherwise empty trophy case!!

Side note: KFC has the BEST biscuits!!!

Keith7
08-22-2010, 10:03 PM
When you said it was racist, I had to think long and hard about what you were even talking about!!!

I didn't even pay as much attention to the bucket of chicken as I did the otherwise empty trophy case!!

Side note: KFC has the BEST biscuits!!!

I'll just assume the KFC is supposed to represent fried Eagles cuz that's a road I don't want to go down.

The sad thing is that the Eagles real life trophy case includes many trophies including three NFL Championship trophies and three NFC Championship trophy as well..

LE Dad
08-22-2010, 10:09 PM
I'll just assume the KFC is supposed to represent fried Eagles cuz that's a road I don't want to go down.

The sad thing is that the Eagles real life trophy case includes many trophies including three NFL Championship trophies and three NFC Championship trophy as well.. Wow... And how many Lombardi trophies:thinking:

Keith7
08-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Wow... And how many Lombardi trophies:thinking:

Three NFL championship trophies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigwood33
08-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Wasn't the last one in 1960 or was it 59?

LE Dad
08-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Three NFL championship trophies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I saw that, but I am talking about the trophy that they award to the Super Bowl winner. :nerd:

Keith7
08-22-2010, 10:29 PM
1960 matters.. Just ask Phil..

Besides, 50 years, 15 years.. Whats the difference? They are both a long time ago

piratebg
08-23-2010, 04:32 AM
5 Lombardis/10 Conference Championships/21 Division Championships > 3 NFL Championships/3 Conference Championships/11 Division Championships

Sorry man

PPSTATEBOUND
08-23-2010, 07:55 AM
The girls blow....:)

garciap77
08-23-2010, 08:09 AM
This is racist

Why????????????

Pick6
08-23-2010, 08:11 AM
I have been since I could comprehend the game football..

:confused:

LE Dad
08-23-2010, 09:08 AM
You know Lombardi trophies....:thinking:

Like these...:D

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/valijaharvey/5superbowlsje4.jpg

...and those are some nice rings too!:p :)

Farmersfan
08-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Once again Romo and his receivers are "Out of Sync" to start the season. I just wonder who (other than Romo) the apoligists will blame it on this year!

JasperDog94
08-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Once again Romo and his receivers are "Out of Sync" to start the season. I just wonder who (other than Romo) the apoligists will blame it on this year! I will be the first to admit that they looked terrible (that TD pass being the exception) but that's what pre-season is for. They certainly weren't on the same page Saturday. The running game looked pretty weak overall as well.

But it's the preseason. Then know what they need to work on.

Maroon87
08-23-2010, 12:35 PM

In case Andy Reid gets hungry.

LE Dad
08-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
In case Andy Reid gets hungry. Haven't you heard...

Reid is slimming down.:D

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae30/jb578261/Blah/reid-single-ladies-freek.gif

icu812
08-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I will be the first to admit that they looked terrible (that TD pass being the exception) but that's what pre-season is for. They certainly weren't on the same page Saturday. The running game looked pretty weak overall as well.

Yep, they got whipped for 3 quarters. The Cowboys first team d got run over by the Chargers. They couldn't run the ball either. At one point is was like 298 yrds to 89 yrds in the 3 quarter. Two great individual defensive plays led to 2 turnovers inside their own 20 or else it would have been a lopsided score as well. Just goes to show the final score in scrimmages and preseason doesn't mean much. Its early but I didn't like what I saw from the Cowboys.

Btw, I don't play fantasy football but if I did I would be picking up Ryan Matthews.

Farmersfan
08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
I will be the first to admit that they looked terrible (that TD pass being the exception) but that's what pre-season is for. They certainly weren't on the same page Saturday. The running game looked pretty weak overall as well.

I'm pretty sure the ENTIRE WORLD knew what they needed to work on from watching this team last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess dumb-arse Wade Philips didn't know! The two areas that kept the Cowboys out of the Superbowl was consistent QB play and Red Zone scoring and neither one of them have been addressed. At least not so far!!!! If the Cowboys underachieve again this season and JJ doesn't CLEAN HOUSE I will be forced to officially join the ranks of the Cowboy use-to-support group!!!!

JasperDog94
08-23-2010, 04:29 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens in the red zone with Dez Bryant in the mix. Something tells me he's more of a "throw the ball up there and I'll come down with it" kind of a guy. Only time will tell I suppose.

eagleqb_14
08-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Haven't you heard...

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae30/jb578261/Blah/reid-single-ladies-freek.gif :clap:

eagleqb_14
08-23-2010, 04:57 PM
dang keith it must suck to have every hate on you

Bullaholic
08-23-2010, 05:01 PM
This is racist

Not racist---the KFC slogan is "Finger lickin' good" and the only things the Eagles have licked lately has been their fingers...:D

Ranger Mom
08-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
dang keith it must suck to have every hate on you

He has been our whipping boy for years!!!:D

LH Panther Mom
08-23-2010, 09:00 PM
The two areas that kept the Cowboys out of the Superbowl was consistent QB play and Red Zone scoring and neither one of them have been addressed.
I thought the two areas that kept them out of the Superbowl were a) not scoring more points than the opponent and b) allowing the opponent to score more points than them. :p

Farmersfan
08-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I thought the two areas that kept them out of the Superbowl were a) not scoring more points than the opponent and b) allowing the opponent to score more points than them. :p

You thought wrong!

:D :D

Macarthur
08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
1960 matters.. Just ask Phil..

Besides, 50 years, 15 years.. Whats the difference? They are both a long time ago

Typical Eagles fan delusion. Keep telling yourself that....

:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
08-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the ENTIRE WORLD knew what they needed to work on from watching this team last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess dumb-arse Wade Philips didn't know! The two areas that kept the Cowboys out of the Superbowl was consistent QB play and Red Zone scoring and neither one of them have been addressed. At least not so far!!!! If the Cowboys underachieve again this season and JJ doesn't CLEAN HOUSE I will be forced to officially join the ranks of the Cowboy use-to-support group!!!!

WOW..I mean really WOW..dude your wanting to blame Romo for everything is bordering on obsessive. First off to act like the Cowboys under acheived last year is pathetic. And then to act like Romo was not consistent shows you basically think no matter what Romo is the problem. I can think of ONE game that he was the issue and that was the Giants loss in first game at new staduim.

If not for Romo the team last year was a 8-8 team. And I know I know your going to claim for the last 5 years they have had SB talent and that is your belief, but you have GOT TO GET OVER the Dallas only loses because of Romo idea

icu812
08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
1st Half Stats with the starters
Total yards: Chargers 205, Cowboys 49.
First downs: Chargers 14, Cowboys 3.
Time of possession: Chargers 23:26, Cowboys 6:34

Farmersfan
08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
WOW..I mean really WOW..dude your wanting to blame Romo for everything is bordering on obsessive. First off to act like the Cowboys under acheived last year is pathetic. And then to act like Romo was not consistent shows you basically think no matter what Romo is the problem. I can think of ONE game that he was the issue and that was the Giants loss in first game at new staduim.

If not for Romo the team last year was a 8-8 team. And I know I know your going to claim for the last 5 years they have had SB talent and that is your belief, but you have GOT TO GET OVER the Dallas only loses because of Romo idea

And Dude! You have got to get over yourself!!!!!! Despite what you might think you are not the end all-be all knowledge guru of pro football. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and NOBODY appointed TX as the opinion police. My obsession to prove Romo at fault is small compared to your obsession to prove me wrong!!!! Everything I say can be backed up with FACTS!

The top yardage QBs in the NFL in 2009: Red Zone performance.

Schaub = 103 rating
P. Manning = 105 rating
Tony Romo = 83 rating
Rogers = 109 rating
Brady = 97 rating
Brees = 107 rating
Roethlisberger = 82 rating
Rivers = 102 rating
Favre = 115 rating
E. Manning = 98 rating
K. Orton = 95 rating
Warner = 113 rating
J. Cutler = 63 rating (8 int)
J. Campbell = 110 rating

Romo's Red Zone rating is by far the worst rating he has in any situational part of his game. Roethisberger and Cutler are the only two in the top 15 that are even close to him in Red Zone rating and Cutler played on the #23 offense in the league..........Roethisberger on the #9 offense. Romo played on the #2 offense. But none of these stats are what determines in my mind that Romo isn't good in the Red Zone. That is proven by watching him throw bad pass after bad pass after bad pass while in the Red Zone. But don't take my word for it. Watch what the other teams do to the Cowboys in the Red Zone. The Cowboys are always running against a 8 or 9 man line because the other teams consider their best chances are to put the ball in Romo's hands. And more often than not they are correct. BTW: on 74 pass attempts in the Red Zone last year Romo scored exactly 17 TD's, had 2 ints and got sacked 5 times.

JasperDog94
08-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Perhaps some of their red zone struggles came from the fact that they couldn't run the stinkin' ball in the red zone. When the team struggles between the tackles, teams can put more pressure on the wide outs. So far Roy Williams has been a big disappointment. Time will tell if adding Bryant will help them in the red zone.

Everyone just chill and let's see how it all works out once the games start counting for real.

Pick6
08-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Schaub = 103 rating
Tony Romo = 83 rating
E. Manning = 98 rating
K. Orton = 95 rating
J. Campbell = 110 rating

I guess you would rather have J. Campbell, Eli Manning, Kyle Orton or Matt Schaub. How well did their teams do in the playoffs last year?

Txbroadcaster
08-24-2010, 04:23 PM
And Dude! You have got to get over yourself!!!!!! Despite what you might think you are not the end all-be all knowledge guru of pro football. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and NOBODY appointed TX as the opinion police. My obsession to prove Romo at fault is small compared to your obsession to prove me wrong!!!! Everything I say can be backed up with FACTS!

Schaub = 103 rating
P. Manning = 105 rating
Tony Romo = 83 rating
Rogers = 109 rating
Brady = 97 rating
Brees = 107 rating
Roethlisberger = 82 rating
Rivers = 102 rating
Favre = 115 rating
E. Manning = 98 rating
K. Orton = 95 rating
Warner = 113 rating
J. Cutler = 63 rating (8 int)
J. Campbell = 110 rating

Romo's Red Zone rating is by far the worst rating he has in any situational part of his game. Roethisberger and Cutler are the only two in the top 15 that are even close to him in Red Zone rating and Cutler played on the #23 offense in the league..........Roethisberger on the #9 offense. Romo played on the #2 offense. But none of these stats are what determines in my mind that Romo isn't good in the Red Zone. That is proven by watching him throw bad pass after bad pass after bad pass while in the Red Zone. But don't take my word for it. Watch what the other teams do to the Cowboys in the Red Zone. The Cowboys are always running against a 8 or 9 man line because the other teams consider their best chances are to put the ball in Romo's hands. And more often than not they are correct. BTW: on 74 pass attempts in the Red Zone last year Romo scored exactly 17 TD's, had 2 ints and got sacked 5 times.

wait..so ur telling me that u dont like a QB who throws 17 TDs and 2 ints?

Maybe the problem is PLAY CALLING and execution over how one out of 11 players play?

And no..u dont back up everything you say with fact...u act like you do, but you can simply look at my signature and see one of MANY times you claim one thing only to proven wrong

waterboy
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Romo is not the problem. I'd question the playcalling, offensive line, and the receivers getting open before I'd lay the blame on any one player. Lack of a running game falls on the O-line. Receivers failing to find a way to get open in tight space falls on them. Even if the playcalling is suspect you still have to execute the play, which is something that hasn't been being done with any consistency. This is a team sport. All the players have to do their part on any play for it to work. The only way any blame should be laid on any one player is if that player makes the mistake while everyone else executes, and mistakes will happen. When they do, make up for it the next try.

SintonFan
08-24-2010, 04:55 PM

I'm a true Philadelphia Eagles fans. I have been since I could comprehend the game football..

I think the jury is still out on that...:p :D

garciap77
08-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Haven't you heard...

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae30/jb578261/Blah/reid-single-ladies-freek.gif

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Farmersfan
08-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Romo is not the problem. I'd question the playcalling, offensive line, and the receivers getting open before I'd lay the blame on any one player. Lack of a running game falls on the O-line. Receivers failing to find a way to get open in tight space falls on them. Even if the playcalling is suspect you still have to execute the play, which is something that hasn't been being done with any consistency. This is a team sport. All the players have to do their part on any play for it to work. The only way any blame should be laid on any one player is if that player makes the mistake while everyone else executes, and mistakes will happen. When they do, make up for it the next try.

All very philosophical and politically correct waterboy! But the truth is the receivers for the Cowboys are open just as much as the receivers for any other teams in the league. They are just as fast, just as big and have just as much athleticism as any others. The running game for Dallas is one of the best in the league until it gets into the Red Zone! Why? The blockers don't suddenly forget how to block! The passing game is one of the best in the league until it gets into the Red Zone! Why? The receivers don't suddenly get slower or smaller? No! So what is different in the Red Zone? It seems to me the only difference is the spacing and timing! The Cowboy's passing attack is not very good at the slant and quick hitting pass out in the middle of the field and guess what???? It isn't very good at it in the Red Zone either! Is that the receivers fault? Is it Romo's fault? Is it the Coaches fault? I personally believe Romo isn't able to make the quick decisions and quick throws that are required in such tight coverage and the defenses know this. Most teams kill a defense that single covers the wide outs in the Red Zone. Dallas struggles! you decide for yourself why! I already know.......

Bullaholic
08-25-2010, 09:47 AM
All very philosophical and politically correct waterboy! But the truth is the receivers for the Cowboys are open just as much as the receivers for any other teams in the league. They are just as fast, just as big and have just as much athleticism as any others. The running game for Dallas is one of the best in the league until it gets into the Red Zone! Why? The blockers don't suddenly forget how to block! The passing game is one of the best in the league until it gets into the Red Zone! Why? The receivers don't suddenly get slower or smaller? No! So what is different in the Red Zone? It seems to me the only difference is the spacing and timing! The Cowboy's passing attack is not very good at the slant and quick hitting pass out in the middle of the field and guess what???? It isn't very good at it in the Red Zone either! Is that the receivers fault? Is it Romo's fault? Is it the Coaches fault? I personally believe Romo isn't able to make the quick decisions and quick throws that are required in such tight coverage and the defenses know this. Most teams kill a defense that single covers the wide outs in the Red Zone. Dallas struggles! you decide for yourself why! I already know.......

My theory on the Red Zone problem is that the Cowboys do not take enough shots at the endzone. They like to "chip away" in the Red Zone and don't seem to depart from tendency enough. They have enough weapons to just go ahead and score rather than just try to get too conservative because of fear of making a mistake. I think the problem is with Garrett's play calling in the Red Zone---too predictable.

waterboy
08-25-2010, 10:04 AM
No, you're wrong. The receivers are not consistently getting open in the tighter spaces in the redzone, understandably so. Throwing a fade pattern only works when you have a tall receiver that can go up and get the ball, something the Cowboys lacked last year. Tighter spaces makes it much tougher to score TDs. When receivers do get open, Romo is usually under extreme pressure which obstructs his view. That means the O-line is failing to do it's job. A lack of a running game also falls on the O-line. Playcalling has been suspect in the redzone also. There's plenty of blame to go around, but I would in no way lay the blame solely on Romo or any other individual player. In my opinion, the Cowboys need a breakaway receiver who can stretch the field when they're not in the redzone.

Farmersfan
08-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My theory on the Red Zone problem is that the Cowboys do not take enough shots at the endzone. They like to "chip away" in the Red Zone and don't seem to depart from tendency enough. They have enough weapons to just go ahead and score rather than just try to get too conservative because of fear of making a mistake. I think the problem is with Garrett's play calling in the Red Zone---too predictable.

I would completely agree with this! It does seem they have a tendancy to throw the short pass underneath a lot. But whos decision is that? The tendancy to "chip away" is the fault of the decision maker, not the coach. Every single play they run has at least 2 receivers running deep patterns.(or into the endzone patterns). Normally the short receiver running a crossing pattern is a safetly and is the last read. So if this receiver is the one that gets the ball the majority of the time, who's fault is that?
I think the short quick hitting pass is a huge weapon IF it is completed with the receiver moving vertical and not sideways. The Cowboys far, far too often will hit the underneath receiver running accross the field for very little gain.

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2010, 10:08 AM
No, you're wrong. The receivers are not consistently getting open in the tighter spaces in the redzone, understandably so. Throwing a fade pattern only works when you have a tall receiver that can go up and get the ball, something the Cowboys lacked last year. Tighter spaces makes it much tougher to score TDs. When receivers do get open, Romo is usually under extreme pressure which obstructs his view. That means the O-line is failing to do it's job. A lack of a running game also falls on the O-line. Playcalling has been suspect in the redzone also. There's plenty of blame to go around, but I would in no way lay the blame solely on Romo or any other individual player. In my opinion, the Cowboys need a breakaway receiver who can stretch the field when they're not in the redzone.

hey now..you did not blame Romo so Farmer will auto say your wrong

Bullaholic
08-25-2010, 10:10 AM
I would completely agree with this! It does seem they have a tendancy to throw the short pass underneath a lot. But whos decision is that? The tendancy to "chip away" is the fault of the decision maker, not the coach. Every single play they run has at least 2 receivers running deep patterns.(or into the endzone patterns). Normally the short receiver running a crossing pattern is a safetly and is the last read. So if this receiver is the one that gets the ball the majority of the time, who's fault is that?
I think the short quick hitting pass is a huge weapon IF it is completed with the receiver moving vertical and not sideways. The Cowboys far, far too often will hit the underneath receiver running accross the field for very little gain.

Exactly---If a receiver is going to have to beat a defender to make a play, why not make it in the endzone where it will tally 6 instead of them settling for 3?

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2010, 10:17 AM

OK going to break this down in 2 parts

1. How do you know what routes they are running? Do you have their play book?

2. Just because they do have some running into the endzone does not mean they are open.

Would you rather the QB throw into the endzone to a WR that is covered?..then you would be screaming how Romo throws into coverage

Your stats show Romo made good decisons. 17 TDs to 2 Ints.

IMO the biggest thing Dallas did not do in Red Zone was use Witten..he has become such a good blocker that they use him more there in the redzone than routes. When you have such a dangerous TE in the middle of the field it forces the SS and FS to stay to the middle..this allows the WR one on one coverage on the end zone routes.

When there is no TE threat the two safeties can basically split the short field and are double covering which ever WR runs into the end zone with their routes.

Farmersfan
08-25-2010, 10:36 AM

You are doing exactly what so many HOMERS do! Don't make it a poor little ole' Cowboys thang! The receivers for the Cowboys are open just as much as receivers for any other team in the NFL are open! Tighter spaces is true but they are tighter for EVERYONE! Shorter yardage is true but it is true for EVERYONE! Throwing the fade patten works the same for EVERYONE! And EVERY QB is under the same pressure. You make excuses when you say Romo is under pressure and has his view obstructed! It might be true but it's true for EVERY QB! And blaming the play calling is a big cop out too! On any given play the QB has the option to audiable out to several other options. And every single play in the Dallas play book is designed to succeed! It's the execution that fails, not the play call!
And nobody has put ALL the blame on any ONE player! I am simply making the point that of ALL the players involved in a poor Red Zone offense there is ONE that has the most (by far) impact on the success or failure of the offense! Yet he seems to be the one that gets the least blame from so many of you guys!

Bullaholic
08-25-2010, 10:38 AM

2. Just because they do have some running into the endzone does not mean they are open.

Would you rather the QB throw into the endzone to a WR that is covered?..then you would be screaming how Romo throws into coverage

IMO the biggest thing Dallas did not do in Red Zone was use Witten..he has become such a good blocker that they use him more there in the redzone than routes. When you have such a dangerous TE in the middle of the field it forces the SS and FS to stay to the middle..this allows the WR one on one coverage on the end zone routes.

When there is no TE threat the two safeties can basically split the short field and are double covering which ever WR runs into the end zone with their routes.

I agree---run the fade to Bennett and "drags" along the endline to Austin and/or Witten in the end zone---somebody will be open, and the question for the QB is to pick the right receiver quickly enough. I think Romo can do this well, if given the opportunity.

I think Farmer will have a different opinion on Romo, though.....:D

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2010, 10:43 AM
And every single play in the Dallas play book is designed to succeed! It's the execution that fails, not the play call!
And nobody has put ALL the blame on any ONE player! I am simply making the point that of ALL the players involved in a poor Red Zone offense there is ONE that has the most (by far) impact on the success or failure of the offense! Yet he seems to be the one that gets the least blame from so many of you guys!

That is flat out WRONG..a play call is just as important as execution. If your calling a play that goes agianst the strength of a defense your going to fail more times than not...that as you say goes for any team.

So let me get this down right

The QB is most important..even when handing off at the 10? It is then his fault that the team averages less than 3 yds rushing in the redzone? which in turn set up 2nd and goal from the 8....but I guess he did not hand off good enough right

17 TDs and 2 ints..I will take a QB that puts those numbers up everytime

JasperDog94
08-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I think the short quick hitting pass is a huge weapon IF it is completed with the receiver moving vertical and not sideways. The Cowboys far, far too often will hit the underneath receiver running accross the field for very little gain. Then how do you explain TXb's signature?

waterboy
08-25-2010, 10:54 AM
You are doing exactly what so many HOMERS do! Don't make it a poor little ole' Cowboys thang! The receivers for the Cowboys are open just as much as receivers for any other team in the NFL are open! Tighter spaces is true but they are tighter for EVERYONE! Shorter yardage is true but it is true for EVERYONE! Throwing the fade patten works the same for EVERYONE! And EVERY QB is under the same pressure. You make excuses when you say Romo is under pressure and has his view obstructed! It might be true but it's true for EVERY QB! And blaming the play calling is a big cop out too! On any given play the QB has the option to audiable out to several other options. And every single play in the Dallas play book is designed to succeed! It's the execution that fails, not the play call!
You're the one that's blaming Romo, not me. :thinking: So what you're trying to tell me is that all the teams in the NFL are equal? Same for everyone? I don't think so! If that were true, there would be complete parity in the league, and that's definitely not the case. I'm not a homer, but I am a realist who can see things objectively. I don't think you've actually looked at what goes on during redzone plays. Otherwise, you wouldn't be saying what you're saying. All I'm going to say, and it's NOT a cop out, is that the blame can be spread around equally.

Farmersfan
08-25-2010, 10:59 AM

Point 1:
17 TDs and 2 ints = a 83 QB rating in the Red Zone. Not bad but when compared to the other top 15 QBs in the league a 100 rating is more the norm!

Point 2:
Witten was in the pass pattern most of the time. If he wasn't then another TE was!

Point 3:
The receivers for the Cowboys are as good or better than the receivers for any other team in the league and yet the top QBs in the NFL found a way. Were they "throwing into coverage"????

Point 4;

"In red zone passing, Tony Romo threw 15 touchdowns and just three interceptions, but his quarterback rating of 81.5 percent made him the 19th-best in that area."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=5448360

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Point 1:
17 TDs and 2 ints = a 83 QB rating in the Red Zone. Not bad but when compared to the other top 15 QBs in the league a 100 rating is more the norm!

Point 2:
Witten was in the pass pattern most of the time. If he wasn't then another TE was!

Point 3:
The receivers for the Cowboys are as good or better than the receivers for any other team in the league and yet the top QBs in the NFL found a way. Were they "throwing into coverage"????

Point 4;

"In red zone passing, Tony Romo threw 15 touchdowns and just three interceptions, but his quarterback rating of 81.5 percent made him the 19th-best in that area."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=5448360

From your own article

The good thing about this series is that Romo is throwing to Williams and tight end Jason Witten isn't blocking. Last season, Witten remained at the line of scrimmage in the red zone as the Cowboys tried to score. Now Witten is running more routes into the end zone, allowing Romo to have more options.

Again they did not use Witten in the red zone

Farmersfan
08-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Then how do you explain TXb's signature?

IN the first place, Tx's signature is a statement and not a stat! I have not seen where Dallas leads the NFL in YAC! and in the 2nd place we were talking about Red Zone! I was referring to Dallas being on the 8 with a 3rd and goal and the ball going to a receiver running a crossing pattern on the 5!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Receiving&conference=NFL&year=season_2009&timeframe=All&sort=46&old_category=Receiving

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_RECEIVING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2010, 12:14 PM
IN the first place, Tx's signature is a statement and not a stat! I have not seen where Dallas leads the NFL in YAC! and in the 2nd place we were talking about Red Zone! I was referring to Dallas being on the 8 with a 3rd and goal and the ball going to a receiver running a crossing pattern on the 5!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Receiving&conference=NFL&year=season_2009&timeframe=All&sort=46&old_category=Receiving

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_RECEIVING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

uhh when I have I ever not provided stats? When I posted my sig that was backed up with STATS I even provided the link at the time.

your links dont say anything about team YAC

Pick6
08-25-2010, 01:23 PM
TXB, do you ever think you need Galloway's idiot alert button when you read ff post?

Farmersfan
08-26-2010, 08:58 AM
uhh when I have I ever not provided stats? When I posted my sig that was backed up with STATS I even provided the link at the time.

your links dont say anything about team YAC

Uhh, like right now!!!!

And just for future referrence, it really is lame to use someone elses comment as a signature if you actually have to ADD to it! If the comment doesn't speak for itself then it isn't one that should be used in a signature! If you have to add to it to make it significant then it isn't worthy. Just FYI...............

Keith7
08-26-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm glad you guys are talking about the cowgirls in the appropriate thread

Bullaholic
08-26-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm glad you guys are talking about the cowgirls in the appropriate thread

Yep--even Cowgirls have no problem beating the Eagles twice every season....

You ought to try discussing sports more instead of trying to stir Cowboys fans up---even though we give you the fun of biting every time. I remember some times when you had some good sports input and discussion, and in your position you could be a really good contributor to some of the sports threads.

waterboy
08-26-2010, 09:53 AM
That's EAGIRLS, Bull! The sissies from the East!;)

Farmersfan
08-26-2010, 08:56 PM
I have a sick sinking feeling in my stomach. I am watching the Packers play the Colts in a Thursday night ESPN game and these two offenses are 100% better than what the Cowboys have shown. Both of these QBs are sharp, accurate and are working their offenses to the max. It only reemphasizes to me where the Cowboys are weak!!!!!

IrishTex
08-26-2010, 09:16 PM
I have a sick sinking feeling in my stomach. I am watching the Packers play the Colts in a Thursday night ESPN game and these two offenses are 100% better than what the Cowboys have shown. Both of these QBs are sharp, accurate and are working their offenses to the max. It only reemphasizes to me where the Cowboys are weak!!!!!

FF, you are trying to sound like you are giving us educational feedback when in fact, it's your negative way of putting the Cowboys down. Why don't you just come out and say which team you root for...and quit being a closet Cowboys fan?

I don't recall you ever saying which team is your team...at least Keith 7 has that going for him...

Txbroadcaster
08-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Uhh, like right now!!!!

And just for future referrence, it really is lame to use someone elses comment as a signature if you actually have to ADD to it! If the comment doesn't speak for itself then it isn't one that should be used in a signature! If you have to add to it to make it significant then it isn't worthy. Just FYI...............

I did provide the stats

and uhh thanks Sig police I appreciate the learning you dun gave this backwood guy bout what is good er bad in my sig.

Farmersfan
08-27-2010, 09:22 AM
FF, you are trying to sound like you are giving us educational feedback when in fact, it's your negative way of putting the Cowboys down. Why don't you just come out and say which team you root for...and quit being a closet Cowboys fan?

I don't recall you ever saying which team is your team...at least Keith 7 has that going for him...

I don't have to put the Cowboys down! They do that just fine themselves. I am now and have always been a Cowboys fan! I have never denied that! But I also EXPECT results from one of the best teams in the league and don't settle for mediocrity like so many of you do. Because I love the Cowboys so much I can't stand to see what is being done to the Cowboy tradition and history! This team that takes the field each week is slowly becoming the laughing stock of the NFL and anyone under the age of 30 has never known any difference. This Cowboys team has created a reputation in the NFL where the commentators, fans and media can only use underachievement and inexplicable failure as a point of reference when discussing them. Don't shoot the messenger! I am analytical by nature and if something hasn't worked I examine why and decide based on my knowledge (as good or bad as that may be) what that reason is. I cannot simply accept that it didn't work and move on! To do so is to accept that it probably won't work again! Albert Einstein: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Getting beat by a better team is one thing but the Cowboy's past underacheivements can be directly linked to a lack of execution, lack of mental toughness, lack of leadership or a lacking of any number of other things that are required to win.

Preseason offensive ranking through 3 games:

1. Packers
2. Eagles
3. Redskins
4. Saints
5. Steelers
6. Lions
7. Bills
29. Cowboys. (there is only 32 teams in the NFL)

How does the #2 offense from last year and everyones popular pick to win it all come into the preseason looking like they have never played a down of football together? They have only replaced 1 (ONE) offensive person so should have hit the field at full speed and looking in midseason form like most other "Contenders" did! This indicates a problem to me! I chose to vocalize it! I chose to discuss it! Obviously you chose to dismiss it or ignore it! We will see who is wrong in the end!