PDA

View Full Version : I guess we aren't gonna have a state bound flag or shirt in 2010?

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Is it because p4s isn't a mod anymore? :devil:

Pudlugger
08-21-2010, 07:25 PM
weren't?

Ranger Mom
08-21-2010, 09:54 PM
It's because P4S or myself didn't offer to do it again for the 2009 season....and when we opted out, no one else seemed to want to do it themselves.

It was a great tradition and I hated to see it end, but I just didn't have the time to mess with it last season.

Hey, I have a great idea....you make one!!:D

Originally posted by Pudlugger
weren't?

I corrected it for him!

TheDOCTORdre
08-21-2010, 10:14 PM
i think it would be cool if someone could get ahold of 4 generic helmets and send them around to 4 different regional games every week, but thats just me

Ranger Mom
08-21-2010, 10:27 PM
After I posted what I did I started thinking about it.

I DID offer to make something last season and there seemed to be very little interest, so I decided not to waste my time (and money).

I have been searching for that thread, but to no avail!!

I DID run across the thread THE FLAG DEBACLE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=72766) that was pretty funny to read again!!

pirate4state
08-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Is it because p4s isn't a mod anymore? :devil: lol it wasn't even my original idea and i think i was only in charge once. :p

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Weren't you and CHS_CG kicking around the idea of making a quilt?

Btw, I can have a shirt made. I already have the logo 66 sent me. Any suggestions
as far as what should go on the back?

Ranger Mom
08-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Weren't you and CHS_CG kicking around the idea of making a quilt?

Btw, I can have a shirt made. I already have the logo 66 sent me. Any suggestions
as far as what should go on the back?

Yeah....and that may have been what I was thinking of......I read that thread and there didn't seem to be much interest to do anything!!!!

You don't really have to put anything on the back. The first T-shirt Jason and I did didn't have anything on the back, neither did the flags or the last T-shirt I made.

I think the only one that had anything on the back is the one Rita made, and she had M&G pictures on it.

pirate4state
08-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Nothing was done last year, right?

I thought about playing the pick 'em game, but I really don't have time anymore. :(

Ranger Mom
08-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Nothing was done last year, right?

I thought about playing the pick 'em game, but I really don't have time anymore. :(

I thought when my kids were grown my life would slow down. It seems busier than ever now!!:(

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2010, 10:55 PM
0kay, I'll get a gray (neutral color that doesn't get dirty easy) made. I'll take it to
the Monahans/Snyder game in week 0 and we'll go from there.

Ranger Mom
08-21-2010, 10:58 PM
0kay, I'll get a gray (neutral color that doesn't get dirty easy) made. I'll take it to
the Monahans/Snyder game in week 0 and we'll go from there.

You da man!!!

Take it from someone who has been there and done that....get some kind of schedule in place.

The shirt needs to be sent out at the first of the week to guarantee it gets there.....waiting until after a Friday game to get someone to take it doesn't work out well most of the time.

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2010, 12:04 PM
I tell ya what

We have advertiser who makes mini helmets..let me see if he will do one for 3ADL and we can send it around...will take him some time to do it

eagles_victory
08-22-2010, 01:34 PM
the Monahans/Snyder game in week 0 and we'll go from there. My suggestion is make a schedule for the regular season to have people sign up and it has to be a game where there will be a good amount of posters from both sides. For example, I wouldn't be able to get it for a Fairfield game because noone we play has posters on here. I wouldn't just give it to anyone it would have to be a poster who is fairly well known and we know would keep the responsibility of sending it to the next place.

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
My suggestion is make a schedule for the regular season to have people sign up and it has to be a game where there will be a good amount of posters from both sides. For example, I wouldn't be able to get it for a Fairfield game because noone we play has posters on here. I wouldn't just give it to anyone it would have to be a poster who is fairly well known and we know would keep the responsibility of sending it to the next place.

You read my mind. :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
08-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
My suggestion is make a schedule for the regular season to have people sign up and it has to be a game where there will be a good amount of posters from both sides. For example, I wouldn't be able to get it for a Fairfield game because noone we play has posters on here. I wouldn't just give it to anyone it would have to be a poster who is fairly well known and we know would keep the responsibility of sending it to the next place.

LOL!! So basically you are saying to do it like we always do???

zebrablue2
08-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! So basically you are saying to do it like we always do???

:evillol: