PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW: Bellville at Caldwell

Global Swarming
08-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Now that the regular season is less than a week away it's time for predictions. I haven't seen Caldwell in any of the scrimmages. I do know that they fumbled 6 times against Lexington. I'm going with Caldwell just because it's at home. If they don't hold onto the ball it's going to be a long year for the Hornets.

HEMOTOXIC
08-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Hornets by 14....

If its raining, Hornets by 28...lol j/k :D

Yoe_09
08-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Hornets by 14....

If its raining, Hornets by 28...lol j/k :D

If it's at home it dosent have to rain...lol.

But out of all seriousness I also see Caldwell winning this game by about 14 or so if they can hold onto the ball.

Bull's-eye
08-21-2010, 05:16 PM
I like what I saw out of the young Belville defense, I think they can keep this a close game. The Brahma offense will have to protect the ball if they want to leave Caldwell with the win. I'm going with Bellville in a very close game.

Looking forward to seeing my friends from Caldwell, we will all miss not having "Mr. Caldwell" announcing the game. Caldwell is the nicest place to visit and that had a lot to do with Bernard. :)

Pudlugger
08-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Bellville by 7

XMan
08-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Bellville will lose but with more class, dignity, and respect for their opponent than any other 0-1 team in the state.

track33
08-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Caldwell by 14 if they hold on to the ball.

Coach BS
08-22-2010, 02:31 AM
Bellville by 7 in a mud fest

zebrablue2
08-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Bellville by 7

:iagree: gotta go with puds wisdom!!!

XMan
08-22-2010, 08:25 AM
If Bellville brings their refs and Caldwell uses all their water hoses, it will be a very close game.

zebrablue2
08-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by XMan
If Bellville brings their refs and Caldwell uses all their water hoses, it will be a very close game.

:evillol:

OldBison75
08-22-2010, 01:01 PM
This could be a really good game. Bellville will be alot better than most believe this year and Caldwell is reloading.

If Bellville can avoid the silly mistakes and play solid on defense, they can win this game.

Caldwell has to learn to keep the ball tucked in or it will be a long night and season.

I think both teams will be ready and both will have good nights. But, that said, I think the Bulls capitalize on the Hornet turnovers and take the win.

Bellville 24
Caldwell 14

XMan
08-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Zebrablue, you going to wear your stripes to the game????? lol

jrhernandez7
08-22-2010, 05:57 PM
gota go with bellville opeing week, if this game was played in week 5 might have to give the edge to caldwell, but being week 1 i go Bellville 24 Caldwell 17

zebrablue2
08-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Zebrablue, you going to wear your stripes to the game????? lol

not assigned! going to somerville. are u working the game?
all aside, madball had a hell of a game on sat. I am so happy
for him. thanks to all u did for him over the years...

ZB2

Johnny Utah
08-22-2010, 09:58 PM
You are going to Somerville....did a basketball game break out or what?? LOL

1st and goal
08-23-2010, 01:14 PM

:D :D :D :devil:
+1

zebrablue2
08-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
You are going to Somerville....did a basketball game break out or what?? LOL

going to the BIG LAKE they have there:D

87 TIGER
08-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Bellville wins by 10

Bull's-eye
08-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Kinda quiet before the storm. Red Storm heading north is the forcast for friday. :D

buff4ever
08-24-2010, 01:47 PM
this will be an interesting game, answer some questions maybe about both teams.

I take bellville in a close game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
this will be an interesting game, answer some questions maybe about both teams.

I take bellville in a close game.

Hey Buff, Thought you left the country, still need the info I ask for long time ago.

IHStangFan
08-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Gimme Caldwell by a TD.

muscatcannelli
08-24-2010, 08:21 PM
bellville will win by 2 TD's or more. caldwell cant run that ball all day on brahmas D

Red Bull
08-25-2010, 07:50 AM
This game will tell us a lot about both teams. Last year Bellville got off to big lead and had game in hand and then the Hornets came storming back. Bellville held on, but it wasn't pretty and was a sign of things to come for the whole season. If Bellville struggles in this game, then it could very well be long, long season for the Brahmas.

All that said I go with Bellville 28-21 in an ugly game.

Bull's-eye
08-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
This game will tell us a lot about both teams. Last year Bellville got off to big lead and had game in hand and then the Hornets came storming back. Bellville held on, but it wasn't pretty and was a sign of things to come for the whole season. If Bellville struggles in this game, then it could very well be long, long season for the Brahmas.

All that said I go with Bellville 28-21 in an ugly game.

I think it's possible that this young Bellville team could struggle early and still get better as the year goes on. You have to remember that there will be some boys, especially the QB, that will be seeing their first action under the Friday night lights.

Reds fan
08-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I think it's possible that this young Bellville team could struggle early and still get better as the year goes on. You have to remember that there will be some boys, especially the QB, that will be seeing their first action under the Friday night lights.

Who has emerged as the starting QB for the Brahmas?

MJMbrahmas10
08-25-2010, 01:21 PM
the senior matthews was starting at the last scrimmage and i talked to a friend on the team and said no position changes have been made but that was monday. im very anxious to see this game it will tell alot. the line seems to bonded together good this year, alot better than last year. and the runnin game is going where it needs to, the passing worries me but with the deep threat of knoll on the outside should help out the inexperienced quarterback alot and get his confidence up, the TE is also very reliable and will be a big weapon for the qb. I am also going to be watchin the freshman starting on defensive at the 8 technique should be interesting. Does Caldwell still run the wing T?

Bull's-eye
08-25-2010, 01:54 PM
If Mathews is the starter, he has seen some time under the lights. The line has done a good job of bonding together, look for Bellville to be a lot better in the trenches. One key that I see on offense will be using the short passing game to keep the sticks moving. Bellville has looked very good throwing the crossing patterns to the TE. On defense, they have played very good for only returning 2 starters. Don't know if that was due to the lack of quality competition, but we will soon find out against a good Caldwell team.

Reds fan
08-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
the senior matthews was starting at the last scrimmage and i talked to a friend on the team and said no position changes have been made but that was monday. im very anxious to see this game it will tell alot. the line seems to bonded together good this year, alot better than last year. and the runnin game is going where it needs to, the passing worries me but with the deep threat of knoll on the outside should help out the inexperienced quarterback alot and get his confidence up, the TE is also very reliable and will be a big weapon for the qb. I am also going to be watchin the freshman starting on defensive at the 8 technique should be interesting. Does Caldwell still run the wing T?

Anxious to see as well! If the line has bonded, the running game follows and then opens up the pass as well. A lot of things have to come together for the Bulls to compete this year as the schedule is brutal! Good luck Brahmas!

One other quick question, how's the kicking game? This Caldwell game could very well come down to that!

muscatcannelli
08-25-2010, 07:45 PM
i think the kicker for belllville is the back up QB, which in my guess is the sophmore. but if bellville's passing game gets goin, things could get nasty out there when you get the ball into knolls hands an the 2 pair of running backs.

trg
08-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Good luck Brahmas. Play hard and trust in yourselves and each other.

Go BULLS!!!!!

Bull's-eye
08-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Finally got a roster, noticed three 9th graders on the varsity. I believe I counted only 16 Sr's out of the roster of 42 players. Looks like Bellville has a bright future! :)

Can anybody give us a run-down on some of the new players and which ones have starting roles?

Yoe_09
08-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Anxious to see as well! If the line has bonded, the running game follows and then opens up the pass as well. A lot of things have to come together for the Bulls to compete this year as the schedule is brutal! Good luck Brahmas!

One other quick question, how's the kicking game? This Caldwell game could very well come down to that!

I know that the punter looked pretty good from what I saw in our scrimmage. He had pretty good hang time along with good distance. When it came to extra points and about 30 yard field goals they also did pretty well.

Reds fan
08-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I know that the punter looked pretty good from what I saw in our scrimmage. He had pretty good hang time along with good distance. When it came to extra points and about 30 yard field goals they also did pretty well.

Punter is likely Pouncy, he did a good job last year as well. Field goals were a little dicey last year, a little consistency would really be nice this season. Thanks for the info!

Bull's-eye
08-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Who is the Bellville kicker?

MJMbrahmas10
08-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Bellvilles kicker is Kyle Fuchs. There are two freshman, were 3 but one wasn't ready. One has a starters role at bandit. We have a new center the old one moved to tackle. Weibold the de moved to linebacker along with trejo and newcomer dewberry

Yoe_09
08-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Punter is likely Pouncy, he did a good job last year as well. Field goals were a little dicey last year, a little consistency would really be nice this season. Thanks for the info!

But will Caldwell ever punt....lol.

Reds fan
08-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
But will Caldwell ever punt....lol.

Maybe.......:D

OLE'BULL
08-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe.......:D

3 frosh on the Varsity? Wouldnt have happened on Hueys watch :nerd:

Reds fan
08-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
3 frosh on the Varsity? Wouldnt have happened on Hueys watch :nerd:

That is true!

Bull's-eye
08-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Go Bulls! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Reds fan
08-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Leaving the office and on the way to Caldwell.....

Good luck Bulls!!!

CHS_CG
08-27-2010, 05:54 PM
HornetMom should be home soon, so her lil CHS_CG and I will be leaving for the game shortly! STING EM HORNETS!!!

BrahmaMom
08-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Yikes, young players with lots to learn. Let's get going next week, Bulls!