Navasota 3
Montgomery 1

Varsity-Controlled

Navasota 0
Montgomery 1

Overall

Montgomery 21
Navasota 7

Montgomery returns an exceptional RB and a good QB from a playoff team. Navasota will be just fine come district.

sinfan75
08-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Dang!! I got drunk in Montgomery a few weeks back!! Loved them pine trees but the traffic sucked!! Thought I was in Houston for a while!!:D

Keith7
08-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Montgomery will be a top 20 team in 4A by the time the season ends.. Best RB in 4A and a well coached team all around make them hard to beat..

navscanmaster
08-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Montgomery will be a top 20 team in 4A by the time the season ends.. Best RB in 4A and a well coached team all around make them hard to beat..

I would like to put him and Gray from Aledo behind an identical line and see which one is better. My money is on Gray.

Keith7
08-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I would like to put him and Gray from Aledo behind an identical line and see which one is better. My money is on Gray.

You may be right, we'll never know, but Dobbins is a dang good running back. I've seen LOTS of good high school running backs but I've never seen a player set up blocks and have the kind of vision Dobbins has.. Besides, he hasn't had a particularly ideal situation with his offensive line either. They've had to replace three starters up front each of the last two seasons..

That being said, it sounds like Navasota held up pretty well against a tough 4A team..

HEMOTOXIC
08-21-2010, 03:18 AM
Navasota's defense will be strong. Once the offense finds it's stride, the Rattlers will be a team that will battle district favorite Giddings for the title.

gobbler grad
08-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

think he pretty much carried them last year...hope he has a good year and maybe I can catch a few of their games...:thinking:

HEMOTOXIC
08-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
think he pretty much carried them last year...hope he has a good year and maybe I can catch a few of their games...:thinking:

You are right. He is a beast.