PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside vs Taft Scrimmage

99IHSMustang
08-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Hopefully someone can post how Ingleside fared in their scrimmage today against Taft.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Ingleside 3 Taft 2 in control scrimmage

and live qtr nobody scored.

Ingleside passing game look good in control part of the scrimmage but 2 sacks and 2 fumbles in live qtr.

MUSTANG69
08-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Ingleside 3 Taft 2 in control scrimmage

and live qtr nobody scored.

Ingleside passing game look good in control part of the scrimmage but 2 sacks and 2 fumbles in live qtr.

Ingleside had trouble with Taft in last year's scrimmage. Don't know what it is? Ingleside can do real good with a 4A team like Gregory-Portland but have trouble with a 2A team. :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Ingleside had trouble with Taft in last year's scrimmage. Don't know what it is? Ingleside can do real good with a 4A team like Gregory-Portland but have trouble with a 2A team. :thinking: Sinton plays taft or odem you can throw out the records they will bring out their best. Seems like yall replace Sinton in their list.

99IHSMustang
08-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Ingleside had trouble with Taft in last year's scrimmage. Don't know what it is? Ingleside can do real good with a 4A team like Gregory-Portland but have trouble with a 2A team. :thinking:

I think that is why scrimmages should be taken with a grain of salt. I imagine that coaches aren't pulling out all of the stops and instead of focusing on plays and sets that the players have down they may focus in those weak areas. Don't get me wrong they give you something to talk about until pre-season games start.

MUSTANG69
08-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I think that is why scrimmages should be taken with a grain of salt. I imagine that coaches aren't pulling out all of the stops and instead of focusing on plays and sets that the players have down they may focus in those weak areas. Don't get me wrong they give you something to talk about until pre-season games start.

I agree. It really doesn't count until that first district game.

truebluestang
08-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Ingleside dominated the scrimmage. The 1st offense scored 3 times in first 15 plays- Taft scored 0. When the 2nd teams went in Taft scored 1 and Ingleside did not score- no score in running clock quarter. Ingleside threw an INT while driving and then had one more possession and punted and that was it. Overall, it was a good scrimmage for Ingleside.

MUSTANG69
08-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Ingleside dominated the scrimmage. The 1st offense scored 3 times in first 15 plays- Taft scored 0. When the 2nd teams went in Taft scored 1 and Ingleside did not score- no score in running clock quarter. Ingleside threw an INT while driving and then had one more possession and punted and that was it. Overall, it was a good scrimmage for Ingleside.

Thanks for the update. That does make me feel a little better about the scrimmage.