PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale People

Yoe_09
08-20-2010, 06:46 PM
I have heard a few things about a possible move-in for the QB position. Anyone have anything on that?

What went on against Lexington...according to source Rockdale and Robinson only got 1st down combined and that was because of a penalty..is Lexington really that good because they weren't last year?

jrhernandez7
08-20-2010, 09:19 PM
i sure do hope not, smithville got them this week.

Yoe_09
08-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
i sure do hope not, smithville got them this week.

Oh wow...I know for a fact they outscored Caldwell 3-0 in their scrimmage and that is impressive because Caldwell has a pretty good offense....what are your expectations this year for Smithville in that district?

jrhernandez7
08-20-2010, 09:29 PM
idk my expectations are 5-5. weve gone 5-5 the last two seasons in a simularly tough district and dont see why we cant do it again, hell if you win the RIGHT 5 you might get lucky and get in the playoffs. but coaching staff is light years better than the last. system team, spread type. so this program has just been getting better and better quitely , i would hate to see them decline and have another 1-9 type season.

Yoe_09
08-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
idk my expectations are 5-5. weve gone 5-5 the last two seasons in a simularly tough district and dont see why we cant do it again, hell if you win the RIGHT 5 you might get lucky and get in the playoffs. but coaching staff is light years better than the last. system team, spread type. so this program has just been getting better and better quitely , i would hate to see them decline and have another 1-9 type season.

Well im glad to here good news from over there. I know the last time we played yoll it wasnt the prettiest but going 5-5 and possibly making the playoffs in this district would be a huge step in the right direction.

44 Magnum
08-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Lexington was stunting out of every orafice during the scrimmage. They never played a base defense without sending 7 defenders through the line. That is hard to prepare for if you are not expecting it or have not seen film.

Don't get me wrong . . . Lexington played very aggressive defense and were very quick to the ball. I was very impressed with one of their DT's, one of their LBers and their FS who blitzed on a regular basis. I don't think they will be quite as impressive when a team has a week to prepare for their defensive scheme.

Coach BS
08-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I have heard a few things about a possible move-in for the QB position. Anyone have anything on that?

What went on against Lexington...according to source Rockdale and Robinson only got 1st down combined and that was because of a penalty..is Lexington really that good because they weren't last year? Yes there is a move in but It looks like he will be the #2 guy behind a soph. He is a big kid, he will be starting at LB looks to be about 6-2, 6-3 maybe 225lbs.
and in the scrimmage, Rockdale O looked horrible, thank goodness they have a pretty good D.