PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill - Sealy Scrimmage

LHdog
08-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Any comments from anyone who was there?

LHexPlayer
08-20-2010, 04:19 PM
:thmbdwn:

Where has coach Vance been the last two scrimmages? I have not seen him on the field.

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
:thmbdwn:

Where has coach Vance been the last two scrimmages? I have not seen him on the field.
He has been in Oregon/Washington (I forget which) for the birth of his first Grandbaby. He actually flew in the other night, got here about midnight, after baby hadn't decided to show up yet. He got "the call" and had to catch the first flight out the next morning because it was "time".

Comments? Starting QB out with mono - backup then got a stinger (I think in his neck). We're not "there" yet, but I see a lot of promise with this group and they look (to me!) much better than this time last year.

Bring on the Raiders!

Daddy D 11
08-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Who are the three backs?

solocam
08-20-2010, 05:43 PM
What was the scoring?

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Who are the three backs?
Heck if I know! It looks like *probably* Corn (FB), Howe or Amthor (TB) and Leger (HB) BUT don't be surprised to see others (O'Neal, Simpson, etc) getting some good PT early on.

Originally posted by solocam
What was the scoring?
Uhm.... :doh: :doh: I was doing concessions & visiting during parts of it. :D In the controlled portion, it was 2-1, Sealy...according to my source; live quarter was 1-1.

Daddy D 11
08-20-2010, 06:05 PM
damn, that is pretty good to hang with a team like Sealy. Realize it is only a scrimmage and Sealy could have been holding back a little, but without our QB I'll take that every time!

Pudlugger
08-20-2010, 06:49 PM
LH will be back this year. Sealy will duke it out with Bellville for the district title and make a long run in the playoffs again. Some good football ahead in Central Texas for sure.

Daddy D 11
08-20-2010, 06:54 PM
LH lost arguably their best LB for the year last week. Hopefully no more injuries for this team! They can't really afford it.

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2010, 07:18 PM
LH lost arguably their best LB for the year last week. Hopefully no more injuries for this team! They can't really afford it.
:( Yeah, I was talking to his Mom for awhile last night about it.

LHexPlayer
08-20-2010, 08:47 PM

Oh really who would that be?

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Oh really who would that be?
Hillman

CHS_89
08-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Good luck LH players and peeps!!

LHexPlayer
08-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Heck if I know! It looks like *probably* Corn (FB), Howe or Amthor (TB) and Leger (HB) BUT don't be surprised to see others (O'Neal, Simpson, etc) getting some good PT early on.

I haven't seen Howe suit up yet. Number 35 runs good not sure of his last name. His first name is Johnny.

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2010, 09:40 PM
I haven't seen Howe suit up yet. Number 35 runs good not sure of his last name. His first name is Johnny.
Johnston - forgot about him!

BaseballUmp
08-20-2010, 09:44 PM
What a name, Johnny Johnston lol

Daddy D 11
08-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
What a name, Johnny Johnston lol

He played on the summer baseball team that i coached this year, he's real fast.

LHexPlayer
08-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Johnston - forgot about him!

Oh is that his last name? I feel that he is our best back. He gets up field and has a little wiggle to him. Amthor is trying to do too much when he gets the ball. He needs to just run up field and take what the defense gives him. Number 27 does ok sometimes but his plays don't seem to be blocked well for him. Just seems like timing of the line is not there yet. Corn is very small but very strong. The only problem with having Corn at fullback is when we go with a power I formation and he is the lead blocker. That power I set is worthless with that small of a fullback. He is not a blocker. Like I said I have not seen Howe suit up yet. Saw him holding a clipboard some but I have not seen 21 run the ball yet. We are running too many pass plays right now and they have not been successful at all. I wish we would focus on the run more because we are not clicking in the run game yet.

I hate to say this but I see a lot of kids walking around with not much intensity. Not sure what is going on here. They don't seem that interested in playing football right now. I know it's just scrimmages and we are working in lots of kids and lots of groups but intensity is lacking. They seem to act like they can kick it in when it really matters. But to me you should practice like you will play and I just don't see the little things being done right now.

It's early and the mark of a good team is a team that gets better each day. Last season we didn't improve from week to week. Hopefully this year we can improve each and every day.

I hope this season is an improvement but I'm just not seeing it right now.

Sealy passed the ball on us with ease in this scrimmage. The only thing that killed drives for Sealy were dropped balls by Sealy receivers. We did good against the run but our secondary is soft and we take terrible angles on recievers running post routes. And just like every year for the past 10 years our corners never turn around to find the ball when it is in the air. They wait for the receiver to catch the ball then react. And by then it's too late. We were in position to intercept several balls Thursday but if the DB never turns his head to find the ball in the air he will never intercept the ball. Not sure what the kids are being taught here but it is not working in our favor.

LHexPlayer
08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Oh and another thing. Were is our kicker from last year? Is he out there in a different number?

LHexPlayer
08-20-2010, 10:07 PM

That's awesome that you coached the summer baseball team. I bet you have a lot you can teach those kids.:thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
08-20-2010, 10:11 PM
That's awesome that you coached the summer baseball team. I bet you have a lot you can teach those kids.:thumbsup:

Yeah it was alot of fun, we went 20-5 on the summer.

1st and goal
08-21-2010, 09:20 AM

That's cool. I like hearing about young men like yourself devoting time to youth.

We had a young man at my former workplace that was struggling learning the ropes. The boss was on the fence about letting him go. The boss went to his nephew's pee wee football game and saw the young man coaching one of the teams and it totally changed his mind about letting him go. The guy turned out to be one of the best employees we had.