PDA

View Full Version : One Thing I hate about HS Football

Txbroadcaster
08-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Is how we wait so long for it to begin, then it seems to just fly by.

Blink and ur in district, blink again and the play-offs are over

waterboy
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Ain't that the truth!

Maroon87
08-20-2010, 02:27 PM
No kidding...16 weeks of HS football seems to go by twice as fast as 16 weeks of the NFL.

pirate4state
08-20-2010, 02:45 PM
True

Old Green
08-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
True +2

wimbo_pro
08-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Brownwood blinks faster than others!!!

Gsquared
08-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I hate Jason's Deli. What a waste of meat.

Txbroadcaster
08-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I hate Jason's Deli. What a waste of meat.

You dont like wasting Jason's Meat?

garciap77
08-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Brownwood blinks faster than others!!!

:eek:

XMan
08-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Hell, football never ends, and that what I hate about it. "Official" practice begins in early Aug and the state game isnt over until right before Christmas. Soon as your team is eliminated from the playoffs, the athletic period is hogged by football preperation drills. You turn the calendar over and baseball finally starts at the end of Jan. Even then, football is prominent in the athletic period. You get to spring and its time for spring ball. Even schools that dont have spring ball with pads just do the same thing without pads. Next thing you know the kids are playing 7 on 7 and they dont end that until mid July. Oops, what ya know, its August again. The mess never ends.

Yoe_09
08-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
You dont like wasting Jason's Meat?

mmm yeah sad indeed...Jason has some pretty good meat.

Txbroadcaster
08-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Hell, football never ends, and that what I hate about it. "Official" practice begins in early Aug and the state game isnt over until right before Christmas. Soon as your team is eliminated from the playoffs, the athletic period is hogged by football preperation drills. You turn the calendar over and baseball finally starts at the end of Jan. Even then, football is prominent in the athletic period. You get to spring and its time for spring ball. Even schools that dont have spring ball with pads just do the same thing without pads. Next thing you know the kids are playing 7 on 7 and they dont end that until mid July. Oops, what ya know, its August again. The mess never ends.

dude go cry somewhere else

bowleghorses
08-20-2010, 10:11 PM

You could just get over it...FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Yoe_09
08-20-2010, 10:14 PM

I like baseball just as much as the next person but nothing beats Friday nights during this time of the year.

BaseballUmp
08-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
mmm yeah sad indeed...Jason has some pretty good meat.
as weezy would say, "No Homo" lol

BaseballUmp
08-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
dude go cry somewhere else
When will you people just learn to ignore the cries of XMan??? lol

1st and goal
08-21-2010, 09:12 AM
I HATE THE OFF WEEK! Just when you get in a rythym, the whole team decides to take off on Friday....At least it gives the young men a chance to let the bumps and bruises go down....I'm just sayin...

Maroon87
08-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I like baseball just as much as the next person but nothing beats Friday nights during this time of the year.

:iagree:

OldNavy
08-21-2010, 08:50 PM
I hate half-time!

Usually you can't get a hot-dog and coke and be back in your seat before the 2nd half kick-off. --Get rid of half-time and bring me a hot-dog and coke, or some of them nachos!

Don't get me wrong, I like the band, heck I might even stay around and listen if they played "After the Game"!!!!!