PDA

View Full Version : Celina Bridgeport scrimmage

orange machine
08-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Celina started slow in the controlled portion giving up 3 td's. Celina scored 2 td's. In the live qt it was all Celina 14 to 0.

JJWalker
08-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Celina better play all four quarters this season.

Showing up at the end of a game is usually in the category of mercy points.

Its been a while since Celina has been the recipient of such mercy. You Celina fans might ought to get used to that kind of scoring this season. :thinking:

Daddy D 11
08-19-2010, 11:09 PM
^:thinking:

orange machine
08-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Celina better play all four quarters this season.

Showing up at the end of a game is usually in the category of mercy points.

Its been a while since Celina has been the recipient of such mercy. You Celina fans might ought to get used to that kind of scoring this season. :thinking:

I'm just curious were you even at the scrimmage?It was obvious that Celina was working on some different things. Then in the live qt Celina's one's on defense shut Bridgeport down and they couldn't move the ball. Bridgeport could not stop Celina in the live qt when Celina ran their normal offense. Bridgeport is a very talented team and will make some noise.

gatordaze
08-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I'm just curious were you even at the scrimmage?It was obvious that Celina was working on some different things. Then in the live qt Celina's one's on defense shut Bridgeport down and they couldn't move the ball. Bridgeport could not stop Celina in the live qt when Celina ran their normal offense. Bridgeport is a very talented team and will make some noise.

First team D has not given up a score yet. In the controlled portion all 3 scores were against 3 different incoming sophomores that have not even made varsity yet. One was a blantant push off and jump ball. In fact the first team dominated the live quarter with 14 offensive and what would have been a pick 6 in a real game. The only possesion bridgeport challenged in was the last against the 2's

Celina only plays the 1's for 5 plays in each of the controlled sessions after that it is the twos and then mixed. The 1's are fine and will be better when the injuries heal. Top O and D lineman as well as starting TE will return the game before district.

orange machine
08-20-2010, 12:15 AM
I can't believe the ref didn't see the reciever push the Celina DB in the back when they scored, that was ridiculous. Now that you say it those scores were against the two's

BILLYFRED0000
08-20-2010, 07:24 AM
That is what scrimmages are for. You kinda know who the top players are but you want to see if anybody can step up and challenge. Only way to find out is to play them against good competition. Bridgeport has a good offense. Good way to see what the twos and threes are developing into.

Then you drop into the live quarter and play a simulated game to see meat on meat and that is the way you check the first teams progress.

Boys looked good again. Both lines are better than last year and the backfield has matured some. Jacob looks really solid as a QB and everybody else has put on some size and strength. This team has potential if they can beat the injury bug.

Bullaholic
08-20-2010, 08:57 AM
The Bulls did a good job against Celina in the controlled scrimmage, but did not execute well on offense in the live quarter. It always seems like it takes the Bulls a few games before they find their rhythm, and this season will probably be no different. Celina has another good looking bunch of kids who run their system well. The Bobcat skill positions seem to have a really good balance of speed and strength which they can rely on to make a play when needed. Best of luck to the Bobcats.

slpybear the bullfan
08-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Just wanted to tip the hat to the Celina fans...

Good ballclub you brought over last night. I was impressed with the work on the throwing the ball... I didn't remember Celina working the pass in so much, but plenty of it last night. The QB was off some time, but it is early. From what I saw last night, Celina should be tearing it up again this year.

The Bulls have some things to work on, but was also happy to see some things starting to click.

Work hard boys and see you in Glen Rose.

PS - Good to see you last night, Bullaholic. Offseason lasts tooooooooo long.

orange machine
08-20-2010, 11:27 AM
I was impressed with the Bulls last night. I know y'all have some young kids, but I thought y'all looked very good. The qb when he had time to throw had a good arm and was sharp. Once the oline Gets some time they will be very solid.

GrTigers6
08-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The Bulls did a good job against Celina in the controlled scrimmage, but did not execute well on offense in the live quarter. It always seems like it takes the Bulls a few games before they find their rhythm, and this season will probably be no different. Celina has another good looking bunch of kids who run their system well. The Bobcat skill positions seem to have a really good balance of speed and strength which they can rely on to make a play when needed. Best of luck to the Bobcats. Lets hope they dont figure it out till at least the second game. :D :D :D

Keith7
08-20-2010, 01:41 PM
I heard the refs were one sided in this scrimmage.. Not really surprised considering Selina was involved

Bullaholic
08-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Oh, oh-the troll filter is broken again...:D

JJWalker
08-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Nope ... just going off of your report of slow starting Bobcats.

Slow starts is not a good habit to develop.

orange machine
08-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Nope ... just going off of your report of slow starting Bobcats.

Slow starts is not a good habit to develop.
It was just in the 15 play series, but In the live qt it was obvious as of now who the better team was.

lostaussie
08-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Oh, oh-the troll filter is broken again...:D let me get a rag and get thr dr.pepper off my screen.............that was hilarious!!

Keith7
08-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Bridgeport would have outscored selina 14-3 in the live quarter if it weren't for bad calls from the ref.. We all know selina $$ talks though..