PDA

View Full Version : LaVernia football

ccmom
08-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Does anybody know anything about the LaVernia football team this season? What should we expect to see?

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
What should we expect to see?

Sandifer pulling the starters by halftime. :thinking:

nobogey72
08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
All I know is their coach is a good one. Bo Robinson coached at Bangs for several years and they were good year in and year out. Bo played football at UT and I believe his dad was a long-time coach too.

ApachePride
08-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I'd expect LV to be the second best team in their district behind Cuero. The Bears are never an easy out..

bulldog82
08-19-2010, 05:09 PM
we scrimmaged them last sat. they scored once around the end, bandera has alot of holes to fill, nothing on either side of the ball impressed me much as compared to years past. didnt know witch players were witch, but assumed the speedy back was the younger grubbs.

garciap77
08-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by ApachePride
I'd expect LV to be the second best team in their district behind Cuero. The Bears are never an easy out..

Based on your information; it might be a good game! Thanks!

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
we scrimmaged them last sat. they scored once around the end, bandera has alot of holes to fill, nothing on either side of the ball impressed me much as compared to years past. didnt know witch players were witch, but assumed the speedy back was the younger grubbs.

Based on your information; it might be a blow out! Thanks!

:devil:

garciap77
08-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Based on your information; it might be a blow out! Thanks!

:devil:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

bulldog82
08-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ApachePride
I'd expect LV to be the second best team in their district behind Cuero. The Bears are never an easy out.. cuero hasnt been in a tuff district in years, how do you think they get all thier playoff appearances.

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2010, 08:15 PM
cuero hasnt been in a tuff district in years, how do you think they get all thier playoff appearances.

....says the bitter poster that is disappointed that Bandera's biggest claim to fame is their band.

44INAROW
08-19-2010, 08:45 PM
cuero hasnt been in a tuff district in years, how do you think they get all thier playoff appearances.

you've got to be kidding me.. you really said this......... ROFL........

garciap77
08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
....says the bitter poster that is disappointed that Bandera's biggest claim to fame is their band.

SintonFan
08-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Bandera won it all in football back around '02.:nerd: :p

Ask YaYa.

garciap77
08-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Bandera won it all in football back around '02.:nerd: :p

Ask YaYa.

:1popcorn:

LV_Bearfan
08-19-2010, 09:39 PM
La Vernia's numbers are down. Good size. Good heart. Good coaching. Good game??? Hard to say.

garciap77
08-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by LV_Bearfan
La Vernia's numbers are down. Good size. Good heart. Good coaching. Good game??? Hard to say.

I think it will be a good game. Anyone from La Verria up for a M&G???

banderafan
08-19-2010, 10:05 PM

Bandera is suffering from same thing. With an enrollment of just over 800, we had roughly 80 kids (total - 9th through 12th) come out for football this year. Not sure what it is, but we struggled with low numbers last year also. I guess I could understand if we were getting beat up year after year like Ingram (no offense to Ingram, now 2A). We will also just have to wait and see how thing unfold. No predictions here!

NastySlot
08-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by banderafan
Bandera is suffering from same thing. With an enrollment of just over 800, we had roughly 80 kids (total - 9th through 12th) come out for football this year. Not sure what it is, but we struggled with low numbers last year also. I guess I could understand if we were getting beat up year after year like Ingram (no offense to Ingram, now 2A). We will also just have to wait and see how thing unfold. No predictions here!

just wondering do you all have a lot kids not coming out for football because they are going straight baseball or basketball etc?

banderafan
08-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
just wondering do you all have a lot kids not coming out for football because they are going straight baseball or basketball etc?

There are a few of kids that used to play football that are basketball/baseball only now, but not enough to account for the low numbers coming out for football.

ccmom
08-19-2010, 10:51 PM
La Vernia's numbers are down. Good size. Good heart. Good coaching. Good game??? Hard to say. What kind of offense does LV run?

lvfan12
08-19-2010, 11:38 PM
we have great athletes and great coaching... it will be a brawl and the bears wont be intimidated with the low numbers of players they have this year... should be a game to watch

ccmom
08-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by lvfan12
we have great athletes and great coaching... it will be a brawl and the bears wont be intimidated with the low numbers of players they have this year... should be a game to watch So either A) you are avoiding my question or B) you run a "brawl" formation offense :doh: or c) you don't know the answer...:D. That's ok though. There's no rule that says you have to know EVERYTHING to post here. Prime example....Rockee :D.

Blue42
08-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Hay I would like to see the "Brawl" offense does it resemble the scratch and dig.

bulldog82
08-20-2010, 04:57 PM
....says the bitter poster that is disappointed that Bandera's biggest claim to fame is their band. no, im just saying theyre in a weak district.

Gobbler Fan
08-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Give me an example of a hard District in region 4 that Cuero would not have won or qualified for the playoffs in in the last 6-7 years ?

bulldog82
08-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Give me an example of a hard District in region 4 that Cuero would not have won or qualified for the playoffs in in the last 6-7 years ? burnet, lib. hill, wimberely, boerne, canyon lake, fred-berg, sinton, ingleside, and yes bandera. i know youll say yall beat them all come playoffs but play a district schedule that puts you up against teams as tuff, and see how healthy you are come playoffs.

Pudlugger
08-20-2010, 06:56 PM

Well low turnout in a big school in a town with swelling population has two fathers:
an unfriendly culture in coaching or too many soccer moms moving in.:D

Gobbler Fan
08-20-2010, 06:56 PM
:confused: Im still waiting to see you post a District that would have kept the Gobblers out of the Playoffs the last 6-7 years . No disrespect but any District South of Cuero is not even in this conversation . You can talk all the smack you want but you cant come up with one District in Region 4 that Cuero would not have qualified for the playoffs in .... thats just a fact deal with it . :hand:

Pudlugger
08-20-2010, 07:04 PM

I call BS! Cuero has always been in a tough district with Yoakum and Gonzales as perennial foes. Besides that, how do you discount their year in and year out success from playoff matches? Cuero is legend man! Anyone who knows diddly squat about football in Central Texas knows Cuero is synonymous with excellence in football. Go figure! :eek:

banderafan
08-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Well low turnout in a big school in a town with swelling population has two fathers:
an unfriendly culture in coaching or too many soccer moms moving in.:D

You may have hit the nail on the head! And I'm not talking about our soccer program...LOL!

44INAROW
08-20-2010, 09:28 PM
burnet, lib. hill, wimberely, boerne, canyon lake, fred-berg, sinton, ingleside, and yes bandera. i know youll say yall beat them all come playoffs but play a district schedule that puts you up against teams as tuff, and see how healthy you are come playoffs.

at least post with some intelligence if you're going to post :doh: Cuero has been Reg IV Champs 5 out of the last 6 years. Beating Liberty Hill, Wimberley, Sinton and Ingleside along the way - oh and yes, beat the snot out of Bandera in the regular season. the next year (when we were supposed to play in Cuero) a little storm was brewing and the game was cancelled :hand: (even though most everyone else played but that's not the issue right now) also - in 2007 - Cuero played Palacios (FYI same district) (and won) to represent Reg IV in the Semi Finals. I am not saying Cuero is or has been the best team every year but don't be so lame as to say the only reason we make it to playoffs is due to a weak district. We'd love to play Bandera again - guess if you'll ever make it far enough, we'll get the chance

Cuero plays tough pre-seasons every year. This year - Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Bellville, 4A Calhoun....

Who you'll playing? I really have no idea, so that's a serious question. :p
Sorry for the thread Hijack.. so I'll bring it back to the subject at hand..
Don't underestimate La Vernia.. They always bring their "A" game.

ccmom
08-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
at least post with some intelligence if you're going to post :doh: Cuero has been Reg IV Champs 5 out of the last 6 years. Beating Liberty Hill, Wimberley, Sinton and Ingleside along the way - oh and yes, beat the snot out of Bandera in the regular season. the next year (when we were supposed to play in Cuero) a little storm was brewing and the game was cancelled :hand: (even though most everyone else played but that's not the issue right now) also - in 2007 - Cuero played Palacios (FYI same district) (and won) to represent Reg IV in the Semi Finals. I am not saying Cuero is or has been the best team every year but don't be so lame as to say the only reason we make it to playoffs is due to a weak district. We'd love to play Bandera again - guess if you'll ever make it far enough, we'll get the chance

Cuero plays tough pre-seasons every year. This year - Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Bellville, 4A Calhoun....

Don't underestimate La Vernia.. They always bring their "A" game. One of these days you will come out of your shell and tell us like it IS! :D :clap: :clap:

bowleghorses
08-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Sounds like he held back a little...: :hijacktd: :hijacktd: :hijacktd:

ccmom
08-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Sounds like he held back a little...: :hijacktd: :hijacktd: :hijacktd: "He"? LOL. 44, are you gonna let bowleg call you names??? :D

44INAROW
08-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
"He"? LOL. 44, are you gonna let bowleg call you names??? :D

I just saw it.. I'll let it slide, just cause it's late ;)

LV_Bearfan
08-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Blue42
Hay I would like to see the "Brawl" offense does it resemble the scratch and dig.

Yes. The Brawl is really just a modified scratch and dig. Ooops...Now I've given it away.

44INAROW
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
ttt

waiting on an answer... :thinking:

Don't underestimate La Vernia.. They always bring their "A" game.

ccmom
09-02-2010, 03:31 PM
ttt

waiting on an answer... :thinking: LOL....I like it!:D

bulldog82
09-02-2010, 05:29 PM
ttt

waiting on an answer... :thin king: district 26 you are now o-1 lets try district 25 this week

garciap77
09-02-2010, 05:35 PM
district 26 you are now o-1 lets try district 25 this week

44INAROW
09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
district 26 you are now o-1 lets try district 25 this week

try to keep up.. you were talking about the PAST - that means PRE2010 season.. Again, I am waiting on your answer.. :doh:

44INAROW
09-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I must apologize for making a mistake - DEVINE was the team that didn't make the game in Cuero in 2007 due to a storm - not Bandera - In fact - Cuero beat Bandera 57-14 that year - so maybe that helps your WEAK TEAMS theory some

oh and just for grins..

Bandera gets beat by La Feria 31-14
Cuero beats La Feria 55-13 the next week..
What's your excuse for that?

Bandera gets beat in the 1st round by Ingleside 35-14
Cuero beats Ingleside 2 weeks later 47-28

Yea how's your theory working for you now?
:nerd:

garciap77
09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
oh and just for grins..

:nerd:

Rocket
09-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Sandifer pulling the starters by halftime. :thinking:

Not quite...

bulldog82
09-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I must apologize for making a mistake - DEVINE was the team that didn't make the game in Cuero in 2007 due to a storm - not Bandera - In fact - Cuero beat Bandera 57-14 that year - so maybe that helps your WEAK TEAMS theory some

oh and just for grins..

:nerd: probly has something to do with the oc we got from yall.............................................. ..............................plus i just like getting you all worked up tooting your own horn.............................................. ..................................no point to my madness.....we are not worthy..................yall are the best there is............................................oh! where were yall in 2002?............................................. .oh yea sitting at home...............does all that get you going?......................... let me have it!

SintonFan
09-02-2010, 11:28 PM
probly has something to do with the oc we got from yall.............................................. ..............................plus i just like getting you all worked up tooting your own horn.............................................. ..................................no point to my madness.....we are not worthy..................yall are the best there is............................................oh! where were yall in 2002?............................................. .oh yea sitting at home...............does all that get you going?......................... let me have it!

bulldog82, you know I love the Bulldogs (lol I live just off Bandera Rd in SA and have seen them much since 2000) but don't get in a pi$$ing match with 44.
She is pretty cool about things.:)

I know what your point is, but this is just the beginning of the season. Lots of smack to still be placed throughout the season. On the field, of course.;)

bulldog82
09-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
bulldog82, you know I love the Bulldogs (lol I live just off Bandera Rd in SA and have seen them much since 2000) but don't get in a pi$$ing match with 44.
She is pretty cool about things.:)

I know what your point is, but this is just the beginning of the season. Lots of smack to still be placed throughout the season. On the field, of course.;) im pretty good about things too, you know niether one of us has anything to do with the way these kids play from one year to the next, even when my kids are a part of it, after week 0 there is not a whole lot of smack left coming from bulldog land, atleast on the field, lost 2 key players for the year, starting qb out for week 1, starting a soph qb tonight against devine. upside players are all jr's. we'll call this a rebuilding year. any whoo, just making colorful trash talk , be gentle 44.

wimbo_pro
09-03-2010, 07:51 AM
I think Bandera should worry much more about wimberley this year than anything Cuero might be doing.

bulldog82
09-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I think Bandera should worry much more about wimberley this year than anything Cuero might be doing. im not going to worry about anyone, we'll be sitting this years playoffs out at this point, maybe we can get a pizza place in our town sometime soon. shoot i'll be rooting for anyone out of D26 come playoffs. i just get tired of hearing how great cuero is , has been , going to be. they're like the brownwood of reg, IV. but , as long as they keep up their reputation, i'll keep taking shots, no matter how bloody i get.

44INAROW
09-03-2010, 09:50 AM
im not going to worry about anyone, we'll be sitting this years playoffs out at this point, maybe we can get a pizza place in our town sometime soon. shoot i'll be rooting for anyone out of D26 come playoffs. i just get tired of hearing how great cuero is , has been , going to be. they're like the brownwood of reg, IV. but , as long as they keep up their reputation, i'll keep taking shots, no matter how bloody i get.

you're the one that brought it up.. NO ONE from Cuero was boasting in this thread. Jeez - what a great example you must set for your kids. I am through with this thread..

:doh:

wimbo_pro
09-03-2010, 01:11 PM
you're the one that brought it up.. NO ONE from Cuero was boasting in this thread. Jeez - what a great example you must set for your kids. I am through with this thread..

:doh:

to compare the Cuero talk on this board with the Brownwood talk on this board is so far out of bounds that I actually threw a flag.

dirtysouth
09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
You may have hit the nail on the head! And I'm not talking about our soccer program...LOL!

I would like to see a study of how many 3A programs that have had a long tradition of football and the results of their program when they introduced soccer. Did Bandera have soccer in 2002 when they won it all?