View Full Version : #23 Caldwell Vs. #5 (2a) Cameron Yoe Scrimmage

Yoe_09
08-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I will be bringing updates of all 3 scrimmages via Twitter:

Twitter.com/Yoemen

Freshmen: 5
JV: 6:15
Varsity: 7:30

I look forward to seeing the Cameron D against the Caldwell O in this one.

Any thoughts?

rholl
08-19-2010, 02:13 PM
be sure to post something about your freshmen

Yoe_09
08-19-2010, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rholl
be sure to post something about your freshmen [/QUOTE

Alright.

The Freshmen/JV should do the 30 minutes on offense/defense from what ive heard.

Yoe_09
08-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Another great night for the Yoemen:

Freshmen:

Caldwell: 0
Cameron Yoe: 8(56)

JV:

Caldwell: 2(14)
Cameron Yoe: 3(21)

Varisty:

Caldwell: 3(21)
Cameron Yoe 5(35)

King_LeYoeNidas
08-19-2010, 09:56 PM
seems like a salty bunch of Yoemen this year......2A better watch out.

Too bad this wasn't a full game vs. a scrimmage. This rivalry has been very heated these last 10 or so years.

Yoe_09
08-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
seems like a salty bunch of Yoemen this year......2A better watch out.

Too bad this wasn't a full game vs. a scrimmage. This rivalry has been very heated these last 10 or so years.

Agreed.

Freshmen: This basically a one-sided game. The Yoe D gave up 1st down and that was the end of that. The offense came out with a nice mix of run and pass and scored early and often.

JV: The Cameron JV D was on the field first and they were a little shaky to start out. After 2 scores they did shut it down pretty much after that. The offense did score 3 but probably should have had 6. There were 2 fumbles when we were in the red zone along with an INT while driving...but overall a very solid effort on both sides of the ball.

Varsity: The Yoemen D did pretty well tonight imo. There were a few big plays they gave up but I think they did a pretty good job. The offense was really impressive. QB play along with the o-line was very solid which led to quite a few yards in the passing and running game.

Caldwell: There is no doubt this team is better than they were last year. They are still going to run the ball and it will be effective....but dont let them burn you on the pass because they will go deep.

Old Tiger
08-19-2010, 10:35 PM
How'd the Lane kid do?

Yoe_09
08-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
How'd the Lane kid do?

Im guessing your talking about the one from Cameron. He came in the JV game and played some really good backup QB. Not sure what he did on defense.

track33
08-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Caldwell looked good on offense, but the defense looked confused. Caldwell did not play 4 starting players from last years team. Caldwell did throw the ball surprisely well.

Yoe_09
08-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by track33
Caldwell looked good on offense, but the defense looked confused. Caldwell did not play 4 starting players from last years team. Caldwell did throw the ball surprisely well.

Welcome to the board...Caldwell O looked just like it did last year which was impressive. Is that a new QB or not I cant remember the guy from last year?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Caldwell did not play 4 starting players from last years team.

Why Not? Are they on the team? Heard the numbers are down on the Varsity?

Yoe_09
08-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Why Not? Are they on the team? Heard the numbers are down on the Varsity?

From what I saw they had quite a few people suited up while warming up..don know how many they had last year but as far as quality depth past the 1st team they could be hurting a little.

track33
08-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Caldwell's QB was the starter last year. He did look good throwing the ball!! I don't know why the four starters did not play. I think some of them had some nagging injuries.

Yoe_09
08-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Caldwell's QB was the starter last year. He did look good throwing the ball!! I don't know why the four starters did not play. I think some of them had some nagging injuries.

Oh wow. Yeah we had 2 guys out that I know for sure in this scrimmage as well. Our number 1 WR/best safety along with another starting WR were not playing...but they should both be back this Friday.

Coach BS
08-22-2010, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Why Not? Are they on the team? Heard the numbers are down on the Varsity? There is a kid that would have been starting @ Caldwell on the O line has transfered to Rockdale , but will be on JV Because he does not live in Rockdale .