PDA

View Full Version : Clemens to be indicted

turbostud
08-19-2010, 12:21 PM
for lying to Congress.

Link (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/20/sports/baseball/20clemens.html?_r=1&hp)

Old Tiger
08-19-2010, 12:26 PM
good! i hope all those who lied before congress are sorry cheating pieces of crap

coach
08-19-2010, 12:28 PM
i always thought this guy was a poc

STANG RED
08-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Here's the kicker to the whole thing. He wasnt even called before congress in the first place. He actually requested to testify before congress 3 years ago. Had he just kept his mouth shut, he wouldnt be in this trouble now. Talk about someone putting both feet in his mouth. This guy takes the cake.

waterboy
08-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Am I the only one who finds this ironic? You know a citizen can lie before Congress and gets in trouble, but Congress can lie to the people all the time and not get in trouble. I say Congress has absolutely no business in pro sports, period, in my opinion.:doh:

Farmersfan
08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Am I the only one who finds this ironic? You know a citizen can lie before Congress and gets in trouble, but Congress can lie to the people all the time and not get in trouble. I say Congress has absolutely no business in pro sports, period, in my opinion.:doh:

The same rules apply when Congress lies UNDER OATH! Besides, Congress has to get involved when the sports won't govern themselves. And Government involvement in Monopolies or near Monopolies is not uncommon!

LE Dad
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The same rules apply when Congress lies UNDER OATH! Besides, Congress has to get involved when the sports won't govern themselves. And Government involvement in Monopolies or near Monopolies is not uncommon! Yep the leagues want Congress out, but then Congress starts threatening to pull that anti trust exemption and the owners shut up quick.

waterboy
08-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Yep the leagues want Congress out, but then Congress starts threatening to pull that anti trust exemption and the owners shut up quick.
Yeah, I know, but still........I think it's a case of the "pot calling the kettle black", if you know what I mean. There's definitely some irony there.