PDA

View Full Version : Consecutive District Championships

PPSTATEBOUND
08-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Anyone claim 16 in a row or more?

Pick6
08-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Just guessing but Windthorst or Goldthwaithe??

garciap77
08-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Anyone claim 16 in a row or more?

Wylie!!!!!!!

pero chato
08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Wylie!!!!!!!

True but we've been kind enough to share a few of those with our other district bretheren.

waterboy
08-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Has anyone ever done that? If they have, who was it? I know Gilmer has now won 9 consecutive undefeated district titles in a row, but that streak will be much tougher to keep alive this year.

Emerson1
08-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Highland Park? 95-2008 I think.

Spread It Out
08-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Cuero's in an easy district, I wonder how many they've won in a row.

Old Green
08-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Cuero's in an easy district, I wonder how many they've won in a row. They've won 7 DC's in a row since 2003.

Rocket
08-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Has anyone ever done that? If they have, who was it? I know Gilmer has now won 9 consecutive undefeated district titles in a row, but that streak will be much tougher to keep alive this year.

Wow..tough district.:rolleyes:

Maybe it's time for my Gilmer Theory.

WOS87
08-19-2010, 05:14 PM
UIL District Champions (incomplete)

Click here --->LINK (http://texashsfootball.com/board/thsfpedia/index.php/District_Champions)

This lists only the teams that took the #1 playoff seed and doesn't include co-champs, tri-champs or quad-champs

Gregory-Portland holds the record for consecutive playoff appearances in the 1-team per district era with 12 from 1969-1980, Highland Park won 10 in a row in the 1940's.

I believe Pilot Point, Temple and Austin Westlake have very long streaks as well

GP North Shore and Southlake Carroll hold the all-time #1 and #2 spots for most consecutive district game wins so they've had long streaks as well

garciap77
08-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-027.gif
......................... http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-027.gif
.................................................. . http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-027.gif

garciap77
08-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
True but we've been kind enough to share a few of those with our other district bretheren.

OK! Ten in a roll from 1999 - 2008. Using WOS87's Link if I read it correctly!!!!

:)

waterboy
08-20-2010, 07:26 AM

:rolleyes: Are you really this stupid? At least we have 2 state championships THIS CENTURY! Win a state championship this century before you spew off at the mouth.:devil: Heck, just win a district championship in 3A for that matter.:rolleyes:

PPSTATEBOUND
08-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
UIL District Champions (incomplete)

Click here --->LINK (http://texashsfootball.com/board/thsfpedia/index.php/District_Champions)

This lists only the teams that took the #1 playoff seed and doesn't include co-champs, tri-champs or quad-champs

Gregory-Portland holds the record for consecutive playoff appearances in the 1-team per district era with 12 from 1969-1980, Highland Park won 10 in a row in the 1940's.

I believe Pilot Point, Temple and Austin Westlake have very long streaks as well

GP North Shore and Southlake Carroll hold the all-time #1 and #2 spots for most consecutive district game wins so they've had long streaks as well

Pilot Point 1978-93 15 in a row 81 district games without a loss. Both records its respective 2A class

LE Dad
08-20-2010, 09:15 AM
:rolleyes: Are you really this stupid? At least we have 2 state championships THIS CENTURY! Win a state championship this century before you spew off at the mouth.:devil: Heck, just win a district championship in 3A for that matter.:rolleyes: :clap: :clap:

Black_Magic
08-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
True but we've been kind enough to share a few of those with our other district bretheren. well now.. Nice of you to share some of those with us.

Rocket
08-20-2010, 09:50 AM
:rolleyes: Are you really this stupid? At least we have 2 state championships THIS CENTURY! Win a state championship this century before you spew off at the mouth.:devil: Heck, just win a district championship in 3A for that matter.:rolleyes:

We did win a district championship...in 2009. Idiot.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-20-2010, 09:54 AM

:eek:

ronwx5x
08-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Idiot.

WOW!!! Not playing nice are we?
:eek: :eek: :eek:

waterboy
08-20-2010, 10:22 AM
You did? Good for you, you idiot!:clap: Have you won a state championship THIS CENTURY? I didn't think so, idiot.

44INAROW
08-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
no joke and we haven't even had the 1st kickoff :doh:

garciap77
08-20-2010, 12:08 PM

garciap77
08-20-2010, 12:10 PM
You did? Good for you, you idiot!:clap: Have you won a state championship THIS CENTURY? I didn't think so, idiot.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bwdlionfan
08-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Go win 5 more, then come talk to us.

Who cares when they were won... just win them.

garciap77
08-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

waterboy
08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

That was a long time ago. Again, win one this century, then maybe y'all can be taken seriously.:rolleyes: Y'all can talk the talk, but you haven't walked the walk......in how long? I, for one, am tired of hearing the talk, especially from the village idiot.:doh: Y'all need to keep your towel boy under wraps....:D

PPSTATEBOUND
08-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Brownwood Lions

2010 3A DI State Champions

BEAST
08-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Brownwood Lions

Close, but it'll be D2

BEAST

BEAST
08-20-2010, 01:07 PM
That was a long time ago. Again, win one this century, then maybe y'all can be taken seriously.:rolleyes: Y'all can talk the talk, but you haven't walked the walk......in how long? I, for one, am tired of hearing the talk, especially from the village idiot.:doh: Y'all need to keep your towel boy under wraps....:D

Odd that a waterboy would talk about a towel boy!!! Give us a chance, or better yet, yall go play 4A like we did until 2 years ago. We went to the Semis and Quarters recently in 4A. If those teams had been 3A, we would have won a couple of SCs this century. IDIOT!!

BEAST

Rocket
08-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

He called me stupid. I called him what he is, an idiot. All is fair.

Rocket
08-20-2010, 01:20 PM

You are tired of hearing the talk? Then go somewhere else. What did Dave Campbell rank y'all this year? Nice respect. Oh and any team that wins that many DC's in a row is in a cakeboy district, which means Gilmer is a Celina cakeboy team that doesn't have to really play anybody until the Quarters...3A is so watered down and diluted it isn't even funny...Region II especially. Stick that in your water bottle and drink it...

waterboy
08-20-2010, 01:52 PM
You are tired of hearing the talk? Then go somewhere else. What did Dave Campbell rank y'all this year? Nice respect. Oh and any team that wins that many DC's in a row is in a cakeboy district, which means Gilmer is a Celina cakeboy team that doesn't have to really play anybody until the Quarters...3A is so watered down and diluted it isn't even funny...Region II especially. Stick that in your water bottle and drink it...
:hand: Whatever, towel boy. What's y'alls record since moving down to 3A? Have y'all even played anybody from Region 2 recently? What's Brownwood's record if they have? So, basically, what you're saying is that everybody else but Brownwood has a cakeboy district? Your theory makes about as much sense as you do, NONE. District 16-3A boasts 2 defending state champions, one D2 semifinalist, and another 4A dropdown with most of their returning starters. What other district can say that? Yes, it's a tough district, and I will not make any excuses, but I know you will if the Lions don't live up to the hype. At least the two teams you mentioned (Gilmer and Celina) have multiple state titles THIS century. Can you say the same? Maybe things will change for y'all this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. After all, didn't Dave Campbell have y'all ranked in '08? '09? What happened those years? Being ranked before the season begins doesn't mean doodley squat. It's where you finish that matters. There's one definite thing ALL the state champions have in common, regardless of your "theory", and that's they ALL beat the teams in front of them in the playoffs.

waterboy
08-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Odd that a waterboy would talk about a towel boy!!! Give us a chance, or better yet, yall go play 4A like we did until 2 years ago. We went to the Semis and Quarters recently in 4A. If those teams had been 3A, we would have won a couple of SCs this century. IDIOT!!

BEAST
What's with some of you Brownwood peeps today? The excuses are many (nothing new) and pocket Rocket has rubbed off on more than one of ya..... IDIOT!

waterboy
08-20-2010, 01:57 PM
He called me stupid. I called him what he is, an idiot. All is fair.
What you said was stupid. Then you called me an idiot, so I called you what you are, an idiot. Yep, all is fair. It's all good.

BEAST
08-20-2010, 02:05 PM
What's with some of you Brownwood peeps today? The excuses are many (nothing new) and pocket Rocket has rubbed off on more than one of ya..... IDIOT!

What I said isnt excuses, they are fact. We WERE in 4A. Thats not an excuse, its a fact. :rolleyes:

IDIOT!!!!!

BEAST

waterboy
08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
What I said isnt excuses, they are fact. We WERE in 4A. Thats not an excuse, its a fact. :rolleyes:

IDIOT!!!!!

BEAST
I didn't say anything about y'all not being in 4A. As a matter of fact, I knew y'all were 4A and that y'all did very well. How has 3A worked out for y'all so far?:D Yet, it's watered down? Come on, that's ludicrous. Admit it, 3A ain't no cakewalk, either.

The "theory" that your friend made up is what makes him what he is. I think we're all idiots for calling each other idiots.

Truce?

Old Green
08-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Fun is Fun guys, but let's refrain from calling each other names or warnings will be issued.

BEAST
08-20-2010, 02:56 PM
I didn't say anything about y'all not being in 4A. As a matter of fact, I knew y'all were 4A and that y'all did very well. How has 3A worked out for y'all so far?:D Yet, it's watered down? Come on, that's ludicrous. Admit it, 3A ain't no cakewalk, either.

The "theory" that your friend made up is what makes him what he is. I think we're all idiots for calling each other idiots.

Truce?

Fine by me on the truce. All I am saying is, the first year in 3A no doubt our team and fans were way over confident. But with the offensive studs we had, who wouldnt have been. I dont think anyone would have ever thought our defense would have been that awful. That is truely an anomoly for Brownwood. Last year, I think we all saw a better picture of Brownwood. Without the injuries, I think we would have won the D2 championship last year. Remember, Carthage beat Graham only because Grahams kicker couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. Likewise, with almost the entire team back, plus some really nice move ins, if we can stay away from the injury bug, I think we will win D2 this year.

BEAST

ccmom
08-20-2010, 03:06 PM
You are tired of hearing the talk? Then go somewhere else. What did Dave Campbell rank y'all this year? Nice respect. Oh and any team that wins that many DC's in a row is in a cakeboy district, which means Gilmer is a Celina cakeboy team that doesn't have to really play anybody until the Quarters...3A is so watered down and diluted it isn't even funny...Region II especially. Stick that in your water bottle and drink it... Hey, Rockee...Wylie has won at least a share of the district title 11 years straight. Must be the "cakeboy" district, right? :cool:

Sweetwater Red
08-20-2010, 03:06 PM
:dispntd:

Sweetwater Red
08-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
well now.. Nice of you to share some of those with us.

Sweetwater beating Snyder to earn our share of those DC's made it even nicer. :thumbsup:

waterboy
08-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Hey, Rockee...Wylie has won at least a share of the district title 11 years straight. Must be the "cakeboy" district, right? :cool:
:D

waterboy
08-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Fine by me on the truce. All I am saying is, the first year in 3A no doubt our team and fans were way over confident. But with the offensive studs we had, who wouldnt have been. I dont think anyone would have ever thought our defense would have been that awful. That is truely an anomoly for Brownwood. Last year, I think we all saw a better picture of Brownwood. Without the injuries, I think we would have won the D2 championship last year. Remember, Carthage beat Graham only because Grahams kicker couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. Likewise, with almost the entire team back, plus some really nice move ins, if we can stay away from the injury bug, I think we will win D2 this year.

BEAST
Injuries are a part of the game, not just for Brownwood. Most of the teams that make it that far have definitely had their share. As Coach Traylor tells our team, "Healthy teams don't win championships, tough teams do." Most of our big time players last year were hobbling through the playoffs. The lone exception was our QB, Stump. He stayed healthy, which made a big difference for us. BTW, we started last season ranked #1 and got it done. Maybe y'all can do the same. Good luck.

Rocket
08-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Injuries are a part of the game, not just for Brownwood. Most of the teams that make it that far have definitely had their share. As Coach Traylor tells our team, "Healthy teams don't win championships, tough teams do." Most of our big time players last year were hobbling through the playoffs. The lone exception was our QB, Stump. He stayed healthy, which made a big difference for us. BTW, we started last season ranked #1 and got it done. Maybe y'all can do the same. Good luck.

Stump was awesome. Imagine losing him last year in Week 2. That is what we faced. If we would have had our QB, we would have won it all. NO DOUBT. Not about being tough, it is about being lucky enough to not lose a KEY position for the season.

Rocket
08-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
OK! Ten in a roll from 1999 - 2008. Using WOS87's Link if I read it correctly!!!!

:)

Ten in a roll? garcia, sometimes you blow my mind. Keep posting in picture form. At least then we can understand you. LOL

oldtownag
08-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Without the injuries, I think we would have won the D2 championship last year. Remember, Carthage beat Graham only because Grahams kicker couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.

BEAST

If frogs had wings...............

P.S. See hardware below!

garciap77
08-20-2010, 08:33 PM

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-038.gif

garciap77
08-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Brownwood Lions

Maybe DII, but not DI!!!!!!:D

garciap77
08-20-2010, 08:37 PM

Maybe not watered down enough for you to go 3-7 your first year!!! Just saying!!!!!!!!!:D

;)

garciap77
08-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Ten in a roll? garcia, sometimes you blow my mind. Keep posting in picture form. At least then we can understand you. LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting-1-2.jpg

:D

;)

Rocket
08-20-2010, 10:34 PM
BrownwoodLions.com