PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Stadium?

Bobkat
11-14-2002, 10:18 AM
It's been almost 15 years since the last time I was there. Can someone refresh my memory about the visitor's side seating? Should be a big crowd from Orangefield there. Also once you get into Libery, how do you get to the stadium. I'm sure I'll see the lights, but any help would be appreciated.

5inchtaint
11-14-2002, 10:25 AM
if you're coming from orangefield you will come into liberty through ames..you will come to a red light by a car dealership...i'd turn right here and go down the bypass...at the end of the bypass take a left and go into liberty...you should pass wal-mart and brookshire bros...continue through2 lights and at the 3rd light turn right and continue down and you will be there in about 3 blocks...there's another way that could be easier that i just thought of.....i'll get to that one in a sec

5inchtaint
11-14-2002, 10:28 AM
ok...do through ames and instead of turning at the light by the car dealership continue...go all the way up 90 until you get to a turn to the right(the buildings here are lewies, panda panda, and the exxon"panther stop")after turning right go straight until you see the stadium...much easier...i hope i was some help

bccards
11-14-2002, 11:52 AM
This is the way we go when we play Liberty, very easy.

Continue through Liberty on Highway 90 through 3 Red-Lights
At the FOURTH Red-Light, turn RIGHT
(on the corner there is Lewies Groc. on one side and an Exxon station on the other)
Continue Across the Railroad Tracks going straight
(You will end up right at the stadium)
Turn RIGHT on Grand Avenue at the " Y " to enter parking lot.

trojandad
11-14-2002, 02:44 PM
Same old stadium, Bobkat. If you saw it in the 50's, you've seen it today. LOL I don't know of another concrete stadium in use. I shouldn't laugh, if a tornado ever came (which we believed last year one was coming) THAT stadium is where I would wanna be. Gotta be the sturdiest stadium I know of. Not very big though, especially visitors side. Better get there early.

AggieJohn
11-14-2002, 02:54 PM
If ya gonna talk about at least call it by it's official name...hehe..yeah...it's officail name is War Memorial Studium...it was built in the fifties as a tribute to the local heros who died in WW2..their have been revisions too it...but yeah it's old...but ya gotta play with what your given....best of luck to OF

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: explayer2001 ]</small>

redneckplayer010
11-14-2002, 09:18 PM
and by doing the best with what you are given... it means liberty is totally broke and couldn't even afford to buy staples... seriously... the school district cannot even by staples