PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion??

Ranger Mom
08-18-2010, 10:05 AM
What do you think??? (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/local/100817-former-yates-star-young-loses-appeal)

Halestorm
08-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Verify the aunt's condition, and issue the waiver. A school could only benefit from a good PR oppurtunity.

MUSTANG69
08-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Providence needs to let him go since he has said he is going to sit out a year. They are going to look real bad in this case since it involves a critically ill family member. This can not benefit future recruiting opportunities.

ronwx5x
08-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Providence has nothing to gain from holding him to his letter of intent. They will have a "small" PR problem if they don't. Since they're out no money, call it a done deal and let him go.

My opinion is the young man just has a case of buyer's remorse. I could be totally off-base, but a serious illness of an aunt is not going to be helped in any way by his staying closer to home. It would be interesting to see where he winds up going to school and if it is indeed close to home.

Could be he accepted Providence because it was the only offer he got?

Farmersfan
08-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Sounds like to me the kid got a better offer AFTER he committed to Providence. I don't fault the school for wanting him to honor his committment. Isn't a school limited to a certain number of offers they can make per season? They used one on this kid so if he doesn't show they just wasted it!

BaseballUmp
08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
He got an offer from UH as well (prolly cuz his father works for them) but I could imagine him wanting to get out of Houston.

ronwx5x
08-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I could imagine him wanting to get out of Houston.

Seems he changed his mind. To be fair, one Dec. in Rhode Island would make me want to never leave Texas.

wimbo_pro
08-18-2010, 01:25 PM
I got a feeling there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye.

Reds fan
08-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I got a feeling there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye.

:ditto:

That's exactly what I was thinking....