PDA

View Full Version : Bellville-Wharton scrimmage

BrahmaMom
08-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Any predictions? Don't know if Wharton was scouting in Yoakum, but Cuero coaches were out in force!

Bull's-eye
08-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I'll go with Bellville, really like their uniforms. :D

beastyboyz
08-18-2010, 06:22 PM
i heard from a few mouths that bellville is in a bit of a "rebuilding" year...?? how are they looking??

trg
08-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Bellville all the way. Go Bulls!!!!

BRfalconfan
08-19-2010, 11:25 AM
What time does it start?

MJMbrahmas10
08-19-2010, 04:15 PM

BrahmaMom
08-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Bellville is always rebuilding...if you aren't getting better, you are getting worse. We play one down at a time and we look pretty darn good, imo. We have heart and we work as a team. That makes up for youth and even size and talent. So get ready...here come the 2010 BRAHMAS!!! Leaving now for the scrimmage! GO BULLS!

beastyboyz
08-19-2010, 08:23 PM
well im followed bellville football in 08-09/09-10...and i heard from a few bellville people that "it'll be a while before bellville get back like they used to be...im wishing the brahmas the best of luck

who is all on their schedule this year??

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
well im followed bellville football in 08-09/09-10...and i heard from a few bellville people that "it'll be a while before bellville get back like they used to be...im wishing the brahmas the best of luck

who is all on their schedule this year??

Caldwell, Lockhart, Cuero, Sweeny, Needville, La Grange, Columbus, Sealy, Brookshire Royal, Stafford.

How did the scrimmage turn out tonight?

MJMbrahmas10
08-20-2010, 01:37 AM
The bulls looked pretty good. Great team unity. On deffense everyone swarmed the ball and Walter Reese looked darn good at rb

BRfalconfan
08-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Not try to push any buttons or anything but after seeing the last two bellville teams wasn't as quite impressed as I have been but that's because I'm comparing them to a team that could have made state a few years back IMO

Bull's-eye
08-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
How did the scrimmage turn out tonight?

Bellville scored 4 TD's and held Wharton to just one FG. The Brahmas offense did a good job of moving the ball, but several red zone mistakes and a few too many turnovers put a damper on what could of been a very dominating performance. The good thing is the production was there and those mistakes can be corrected. IMO, the young Bellville defense had an outstanding game. Take away a few missed tackles and a couple of broken plays, Wharton was held at bay most of the night. The Tigers only managed to score a single FG and that came very late in the live portion of the scrimmage. Rebuilding?? Reloading may be a better word to describe whats going on at the "Pasture of Pain". The Brahmas will surprise a few folks this year.

XMan
08-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Seeing that Bellville does football year round, they ought to be pretty good every year.

OLE'BULL
08-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Seeing that Bellville does football year round, they ought to be pretty good every year.

Not sure what this means... They lift weights during the off season, then have a month or so of spring ball (No Pads/Contact). Any athlete in athletics is required to play 2 sports so im not sure how they can be playing year round. I imagine most of the schools follow a similar schedule. Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong???

Bull's-eye
08-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Anybody else watch the scrimmage? Like to hear what they thought about the Bulls.

I really like what the new offensive coordinator is doing, especially those short crossing routes to the TE. He did a good job of mixing up the plays and taking his shots down field. Pouncey & Reese had a very good scrimmage running the ball. Reese showed plenty of speed and will give Bellville a dangerous threat that can score from anywhere on the field. Loved the pass play that split the Wharton defense, great call coach. Also noticed that the QB's had a few opportunities to run with the ball, but decided to force a few passes. Looked like they would of been better off running with the ball.

rancher
08-20-2010, 12:01 PM
I went to the scrimmage last night and could only stay for the controlled portion. In what I observed, Wharton is terrible, something is missing either player or with the coaching. They looked totally lost a lot of time, no consistency in play calling to make a sustained drive. Bellville looked somewhat better coached, but they are extremely slow. Both teams are going to be near the bottom in their districts.

BaseballUmp
08-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Not sure what this means... They lift weights during the off season, then have a month or so of spring ball (No Pads/Contact). Any athlete in athletics is required to play 2 sports so im not sure how they can be playing year round. I imagine most of the schools follow a similar schedule. Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong???
Just ignore Xman lol

Bull's-eye
08-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I went to the scrimmage last night and could only stay for the controlled portion. In what I observed, Wharton is terrible, something is missing either player or with the coaching. They looked totally lost a lot of time, no consistency in play calling to make a sustained drive. Bellville looked somewhat better coached, but they are extremely slow. Both teams are going to be near the bottom in their districts.

Wharton had some big giys, especially on the defensive line. They started very well, but seemed to fade later in the scrimmage. I disagree with Bellville being slow, you didn't see Reese break those long runs? Reese is a track star and the other back runs a 4.5. The receiver that caught the long pass runs a 4.4. Bellville defense was very fast to the ball and did a good job of swarming the ball.

BrahmaMom
08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm not seeing slow, either. I see a team developing into one to be reckoned with. Yes, I am biased. But those of you who know me, know I call 'em as I see 'em, my kid or not. I expect an exciting season from the Brahmas. Our defense is improving every week, and the d was what I was concerned about. I think our coaching staff is working together well and smart, and I think our players are, too. While there were a few mistakes made, it was NOTHING like last year, where I literally counted them to entertain myself and when the offense seemed to go backwards (that REALLY bothered me) and didn't block for each other. This year's team has chemistry...LOOK OUT! I disagree that we will finish near the bottom of the district. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

rancher
08-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I observe Wharton make seveal good plays running the ball for yardage and then go to something else. This resulted in mistakes such as fumbles or trying some sort of pass from a QB who cannot throw. Bellville was not stopping them for less that 5-6 yards a shot. Wharton also had a lot of kids going both ways. Bellville is slow, look at the number of times they were stopped for no gain or a short gain. The one back that broke near the end of the controlled part was the only quickness in what I watched. Face it, Wharton was just a bad team, lacking in all aspects of the game. Bad teams make everyone look good.

BrahmaMom
08-20-2010, 03:11 PM
I'll watch my film; no, we don't have several speedsters perhaps. But as one college coach told my older son, "Why the heck do y'all run the Brahma mile? I never saw anybody run a mile in a football game!" I grew accustomed to a Brahma team that stopped opponents at the line of scrimmage, if not in the backfield, so the 5-6 yards means we have some work to do. I love the defensive swarm, it is fun to watch. Bellville had several kids going both ways as well. In fact, my concern has been our stamina and depth. Maybe a weak team made us look better and Wharton certainly gave our back-ups the reps and confidence they needed as well. I am looking for few mistakes, stamina, depth, leadership and heart. How do you think we look on those things, rancher? And others...

Bull's-eye
08-20-2010, 03:11 PM
I observe Wharton make seveal good plays running the ball for yardage and then go to something else. This resulted in mistakes such as fumbles or trying some sort of pass from a QB who cannot throw. Bellville was not stopping them for less that 5-6 yards a shot. Wharton also had a lot of kids going both ways. Bellville is slow, look at the number of times they were stopped for no gain or a short gain. The one back that broke near the end of the controlled part was the only quickness in what I watched. Face it, Wharton was just a bad team, lacking in all aspects of the game. Bad teams make everyone look good.

Bellville stopped Wharton many times for losses, can't recall all those running plays for over 5-6 yards. Wharton had some success running the ball when the QB fumbled the snap, I guess the Bellville defense over ran the play and the fumble actually helped the QB gain yards. You may be thinking about some of those 3rd and long plays, Bellville played a prevent to stop them from getting the first down and that allowed a few 5-6 yard runs.

rancher
08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
No disrespect but who ever is putting out the 40 times for Bellville is just lying. I will give you a few of the 40 times at the NFL combine this year and you tell me the Bellville players are that fast. Emmanuel Sanders 4.41, Ben Tate 4.43, Tim Tebow 4.72, Colt McCoy 4.79, Dexter McCluster 4.53. I wish I knew who kept putting that crap out, just tell the truth.

XMan
08-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Per UIL rules, 1 sport can not be a prerequisite for another, so Im doubting that EVERY athlete is MADE to participate in 2 or more sports. My reference to year round is that Bellville uses their athletic period for football activities year round. Bellville does not let any other sport (other than the all mighty volleyball) use the athletic period to improve skills. I know 99% of yall think this is how it should be, but I dont and Im entitled to my opinion.

maestro
08-21-2010, 07:38 PM
In what I observed, Wharton is terrible, something is missing either player or with the coaching. They looked totally lost a lot of time, no consistency in play calling to make a sustained drive.

NOT DEFENDING WHARTON BUT, some coaching staffs do not scheme for scrimmages. They will script what they want to see on film without regards to down and distance. Just saying.....

bird_fan
08-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville scored 4 TD's and held Wharton to just one FG. The Brahmas offense did a good job of moving the ball, but several red zone mistakes and a few too many turnovers put a damper on what could of been a very dominating performance. The good thing is the production was there and those mistakes can be corrected. IMO, the young Bellville defense had an outstanding game. Take away a few missed tackles and a couple of broken plays, Wharton was held at bay most of the night. The Tigers only managed to score a single FG and that came very late in the live portion of the scrimmage. Rebuilding?? Reloading may be a better word to describe whats going on at the "Pasture of Pain". The Brahmas will surprise a few folks this year.

Pasture of Pain that sounds cool

OLE'BULL
08-23-2010, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by XMan
Per UIL rules, 1 sport can not be a prerequisite for another, so Im doubting that EVERY athlete is MADE to participate in 2 or more sports. My reference to year round is that Bellville uses their athletic period for football activities year round. Bellville does not let any other sport (other than the all mighty volleyball) use the athletic period to improve skills. I know 99% of yall think this is how it should be, but I dont and Im entitled to my opinion. [/QUOTE

I did not go in to enough detail. If a student-athlete wants to be in athletics, he/she has to participate in two sports. Or at least thats how it used to be. And unless things have changed, once the season has ended, they dont pick up a football until the month of spring ball. Off season is spent lifting and running only. That would benefit any athlete in any sport. Now are those lifts/drills catered towards a football player? Yes. It only makes sense because the majority of the athletes play football.

pancho villa
08-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Do all the women in Bellville still dip copenhagen?

Red Bull
08-23-2010, 12:48 PM
It will be a long season for Bellville from what I am hearing from a lot of folks. I hope that is not the case, but I guess we will get a better feel for it on Friday in Caldwell. Go Bulls!

FbCoachB40
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
I have not seen Bellville this year, so I cannot tell you what kind of year they may have; however, THAT IS A TUFF SCHEDULE!

Here is the good news...Bellville could go 2-8 and still make the playoffs

BrahmaMom
08-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Most of the moms know the danger of smokeless and other tobacco so don't induldge. That silly issue aside, I look for surprised opponents. If Bellville proves to be as bad as some predict, well, I will still be proud to be BrahmaMom and have infinitely more respect for the character and leadership this team will exhibit than some of the past teams. Once a Brahma, always a Brahma for many, and this team will be one of those teams. Go Brahmas! Caldwell plays tough at home, give each play 110%.

JDOG
08-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Do all the women in Bellville still dip copenhagen? Some moved on to Skoal. It makes their breath smell like mint!

BrahmaMom
08-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Whatever our vices, we LOVE our team and we are right behind 'em. And don't mess Mama Brahmas! Specially if we are Skoal Moms! Look out Caldwell, Bellville is ready for some football! GO BULLS!

MJMbrahmas10
08-25-2010, 02:09 PM
You are right momma I have seen slot more chemistry and unity in this team. Maybe with foster in his second year he has learned from mistakes he made last year and will have this team on track for a playoff run

shamu85
08-25-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Wharton is not very good this year.

Also, when did 3A start having spring ball?

rancher
08-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Both Bellville and Wharton are going no where this year. Both will be home watching the playoffs. Wharton is an 0-10, Bellville best 2-8.

OLE'BULL
08-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Both Bellville and Wharton are going no where this year. Both will be home watching the playoffs. Wharton is an 0-10, Bellville best 2-8.

Actually if both of those Bellville wins are during district play, the Brahmas WOULD make the playoffs. One of the teams doesn't play football. That being said, I very seriously doubt they go 2-8. This is a very quick team with more than one "weapon". I'm not saying they will go 10-0 up to the playoffs, but dont be surprised if they win 7-8 games and go a round or 2 deep in the playoffs provided they go injury free. If, im not mistaken, they dont have as many kids out for football as in the past. We will see how they hold up throughout the season

rancher
08-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Bellville will be lucky to win two games. The bulls have no speed except for the one back that I saw in the scrimmage break it. My two sons played for Huey in the 90's, I was in the stands during with my oldest son playing during those down years. Would love to see 7 win season, but it will not happen. We will see Friday how things start to play out.

Spread It Out
08-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Bellville will be lucky to win two games. The bulls have no speed except for the one back that I saw in the scrimmage break it. My two sons played for Huey in the 90's, I was in the stands during with my oldest son playing during those down years. Would love to see 7 win season, but it will not happen. We will see Friday how things start to play out.

You have got to be the most negative poster I've ever came across on any forum board in the history of the internet. If you don't like what Bellville's doing, go support another team. The past 3 years all you've done is piss and moan about how slow Bellville is and how they won't win games. Didn't your mama ever teach you if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Back to the topic. I think this year's team will make the playoffs, and have more than 2 wins and if you would like to wager that, rancher, I'd love to meet you and put down any amount you request. Good luck to the Bulls, and show this old man what you're capable of.

Bull's-eye
08-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
You have got to be the most negative poster I've ever came across on any forum board in the history of the internet. If you don't like what Bellville's doing, go support another team. The past 3 years all you've done is piss and moan about how slow Bellville is and how they won't win games. Didn't your mama ever teach you if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Back to the topic. I think this year's team will make the playoffs, and have more than 2 wins and if you would like to wager that, rancher, I'd love to meet you and put down any amount you request. Good luck to the Bulls, and show this old man what you're capable of.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

XMan
08-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I did not go in to enough detail. If a student-athlete wants to be in athletics, he/she has to participate in two sports. Or at least thats how it used to be. And unless things have changed, once the season has ended, they dont pick up a football until the month of spring ball. Off season is spent lifting and running only. That would benefit any athlete in any sport. Now are those lifts/drills catered towards a football player? Yes. It only makes sense because the majority of the athletes play football.

So, if i read this correctly, you are saying that an athlete that only plays football and no other sport is NOT in the athletic period right now? That I would have to say is incorrect. If you play football or volleyball you get the athletic period to work on your sport. If football or volleyball is not your sport, you get pissed on. That is how it works now days in Bellville America. Also, if you are doing drills year round during the period that cater towards football, that is another way of saying that you are doing football year round.

BaseballUmp
08-25-2010, 09:31 PM

So, if i read this correctly, you are saying that an athlete that only plays football and no other sport is NOT in the athletic period right now? That I would have to say is incorrect. If you play football or volleyball you get the athletic period to work on your sport. If football or volleyball is not your sport, you get pissed on. That is how it works now days in Bellville America. Also, if you are doing drills year round during the period that cater towards football, that is another way of saying that you are doing football year round.

My God man let it gooooooooo! If it is so dang bad and you can't change things there, then take your tail to some other school that makes you happy nobody on here wants to hear all your pissing and moaning anymore...frankly its annoying so if you can't do anything about it then stop whining to all of us about it and move somewhere that better suits you...

XMan
08-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Baseball ump, I will NEVER let it go until it is fixed.

BaseballUmp
08-25-2010, 09:35 PM
How about you spell it right next time big guy...but in all seriousness, everyone here is tired of seeing the same negativity coming from you. It's all you have to talk about. Do something about it, or stop whining

HEMOTOXIC
08-25-2010, 09:45 PM

I hear what you are saying. This is the same case at Navasota. Football is all year round. Even if it is basketball season, and you are on the basketball team, chances are you will be doing football workouts during basketball season during the athletic period. To me, that doesn't make any sense or isn't fair to the basketball coaches and players who have to lift weights, etc. Lifting weights and trying to shoot a basketball is not easy. During my day, if you played basketball, basketball is what you did. Why put someone through football workouts who doesn't have the desire to play football. They just get in the way of what you are trying to accomplish with your football program.

And before anyone talks about conditioning etc, trust me, Coach Mike Dacus made sure you were in game playing shape whether it was basketball season or not.

JDOG
08-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Football IS and should be KING!

HEMOTOXIC
08-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
Football IS and should be KING!

Very bias. No one should have to play a sport or like a sport simply because it is "king". If one said that rap music, murdering, or doing illegal drugs were "king", would that make it right? I think not.

pancho villa
08-26-2010, 08:07 AM

I don't understand what the problem is? That is the way it should be. FOOTBALL (other sports are second class citizens)

OLE'BULL
08-26-2010, 08:51 AM

NOPE, from a source ON THE TEAM. Last year, he played football, was required to play two sports to be in athletics. So he picked up Power Lifting just to fulfill his 2 sport requirement. I promise you the drills that they do during the off-season Jan-Spring Ball) would benefit any kid in any sport. Lets be honest, most HS baseball players dont do the physical conditioning necessary to improve their game. ANYONE could use extra lifting/conditioning. XMAN sounds like a lazy old baseball player that didnt want to work out, just wanted to rely on batting practice and fielding ground balls as their preparation. I played both sports in high school and had many of those on the baseball team.

trg
08-26-2010, 10:07 AM

Well said. I have often though how negative Rancher always is. I think the Bulls this year are gonna surprise some folks. Regardless I will always back them. :) Go BULLS!!!!

Spread It Out
08-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
NOPE, from a source ON THE TEAM. Last year, he played football, was required to play two sports to be in athletics. So he picked up Power Lifting just to fulfill his 2 sport requirement. I promise you the drills that they do during the off-season Jan-Spring Ball) would benefit any kid in any sport. Lets be honest, most HS baseball players dont do the physical conditioning necessary to improve their game. ANYONE could use extra lifting/conditioning. XMAN sounds like a lazy old baseball player that didnt want to work out, just wanted to rely on batting practice and fielding ground balls as their preparation. I played both sports in high school and had many of those on the baseball team.

Having gone through the athletic program in Bellville fairly recently, I can attest on how that program is run. To be in athletics (Seniors excluded) you must participate in 2 sports; there are no limitations on the number of sports you can participate in, nor is there a rule that you must play football to be in the athletics period. If you do not participate in football, you are put into the "PT" (Physical Training) program and work out, do conditioning etc. from day 1 until football season ends. Once football is over, if you're a senior, you're allowed to go to the baseball field and throw, help get the field ready for the upcoming season. All underclassmen are (excluding basketball players, who then begin basketball once football ends) combined with the football players and go through a workout regimen from the day football ends until the beginning of spring football. During spring football, if you are an underclassmen, even if you did not participate in football the previous fall and do not plan on participating in the upcoming season, you are forced to participate in spring football until the athletic period is over. During this time, Senior baseball players are allowed to go to the field and prep the field for practice (setting up the cages, getting out all of the equipment etc). Once the athletic period is over, the underclassmen baseball players quickly get dressed and go down to the field, and that is when baseball practice begins. The only exception to this is on the day of a baseball game, all baseball players are allowed to go to the field for BP etc.

This is the reality of Bellville's athletic program and whether you like it or not, it's not going to change anytime soon. Football is king in Texas and it will remain that way.

OLE'BULL
08-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Having gone through the athletic program in Bellville fairly recently, I can attest on how that program is run. To be in athletics (Seniors excluded) you must participate in 2 sports; there are no limitations on the number of sports you can participate in, nor is there a rule that you must play football to be in the athletics period. If you do not participate in football, you are put into the "PT" (Physical Training) program and work out, do conditioning etc. from day 1 until football season ends. Once football is over, if you're a senior, you're allowed to go to the baseball field and throw, help get the field ready for the upcoming season. All underclassmen are (excluding basketball players, who then begin basketball once football ends) combined with the football players and go through a workout regimen from the day football ends until the beginning of spring football. During spring football, if you are an underclassmen, even if you did not participate in football the previous fall and do not plan on participating in the upcoming season, you are forced to participate in spring football until the athletic period is over. During this time, Senior baseball players are allowed to go to the field and prep the field for practice (setting up the cages, getting out all of the equipment etc). Once the athletic period is over, the underclassmen baseball players quickly get dressed and go down to the field, and that is when baseball practice begins. The only exception to this is on the day of a baseball game, all baseball players are allowed to go to the field for BP etc.

This is the reality of Bellville's athletic program and whether you like it or not, it's not going to change anytime soon. Football is king in Texas and it will remain that way.

The only thing that should change would be having the kids that dont play or plan to play football go thru spring ball. Other than that, I think that is a good way of doing it.

BrahmaMom
08-27-2010, 11:23 AM
It's FRIDAY! I am ready for some Brahma Ball!!! GO BULLS, leave it ALL on the field!!!!

Bull's-eye
08-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
It's FRIDAY! I am ready for some Brahma Ball!!! GO BULLS, leave it ALL on the field!!!!

:2thumbsup

There is a thread at thread at the top of the main page, Bellville & Caldwell have the R3 game of the week.: