PDA

View Full Version : Aug 19 Scrim

BuckeyeNut
08-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Gilmer vs New Boston?

In Buckeye Land.

Can someone tell me why were Scrim them?

lostaussie
08-17-2010, 10:06 AM
New boston coach and Traylor have some history I believe. They always give us a good scrimmage.

buckeyebob
08-17-2010, 08:10 PM
What time? Thursday?

Aesculus gilmus
08-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
What time? Thursday?

JV, Ninth at 5:30 p.m. simultaneously on opposite ends of the field.

Varsity at 7 p.m.

Aesculus gilmus
08-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
New boston coach and Traylor have some history I believe. They always give us a good scrimmage.

Yeah, Rick Barker used to coach at Pleasant Grove. The first playoff game Gilmer had in the Traylor era was a 10-0 loss to Pleasant Grove in 2001 in Division I bi-district at Longview Lobo Stadium. It shocked Gilmer fans that we lost because PG had just been DRUBBED by Atlanta the week before in their final district game, but it turned out the Hawks were keeping a few players out that week because they'd already clinched the D1 playoff berth. They had a TREMENDOUS defense, obviously.

After that, Pleasant Grove and Gilmer played a series of games until Barker left for New Boston a few years ago. I never will forget the time PG NEARLY upset Gilmer at Buckeye Stadium in around 2003. There was a controversial fumble call, IIRC, which went in favor of the Buckeyes late in that game. I really thought Barker was going to have a stroke he was so angry about it.

Matthew328
08-18-2010, 08:50 AM
I remember that 2001 Pleasant Grove team...I saw them in the Regional Final that year in Tyler against Everman...