PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Southwest Week 0

CueroDad08
08-16-2010, 08:25 PM
FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST WILL BE IN CUERO WEEK 0.
#7 WIMBERLEY TEXANS AT #3 CUERO GOBBLERS

garciap77
08-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST WILL BE IN CUERO WEEK 0.
#7 WIMBERLEY TEXANS AT #3 CUERO GOBBLERS

Cuero by 14!

CueroDad08
08-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Cuero by 14!

WOW.........we will see

44INAROW
08-17-2010, 08:15 AM
wow - no pressure now :) the atmosphere will be electric for sure.. ;)

waterboy
08-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Does that mean the game will be televised? If so, when? Give me Cuero to take this game.....though it'll probably be close.

hollywood
08-17-2010, 10:52 AM
A running back showdown.

Wimberely's quicker than you think.

44INAROW
08-17-2010, 03:36 PM
from www.cuerorecord.com

Fox Sports Southwest "High School Road Tour" coming to Cuero
(Posted Today 09:28 am)

Cuero's season opener against Wimberley just got bigger.
Fox Sports Southwest has selected the Aug. 27 game at Gobbler Stadium to be the site of its Zero Week "High School Road Tour."
There will be six tents set up with video monitors showing football highlights. There will be games for all ages like football toss, putting greens, bean bag toss, etc. There will be a face-painting tent and free T-shirts handed out.
Fox Sports will also have a tent for its "Next Sports Anchor" contest. Fox Sports will video tape people reading a script and put the video on its Web site. People can go on the Web site to vote on their favorite video. At the end of the year, the winner will receive $1,000 cash and a free trip to the high school state championship game at Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

Originally posted by waterboy
Does that mean the game will be televised? If so, when? Give me Cuero to take this game.....though it'll probably be close. not sure about TV but all games are covered on the internet via www.gobblersports.com and I know they are working on having them "stream" on some phones.. not sure the timeline on that.

tlc84
08-17-2010, 04:22 PM
If that stadium comes close to the hype and electricity generated against Edna last year it will be a fun way to open the season. Have never witnessed nothing like that before at the High School level --3A--regular season.

44INAROW
08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by tlc84
If that stadium comes close to the hype and electricity generated against Edna last year it will be a fun way to open the season. Have never witnessed nothing like that before at the High School level --3A--regular season.
that was probably the best regular season game I've ever seen - gamewise, fan/crowd wise - everything.. the Cuero/Calhoun game will be electric too...... the Sandcrab nation has been itching to play Cuero for a while..........

gobblerfan34
08-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Should be a great game, what a way to start the season.

GO MEAN GREEN

Aesculus gilmus
08-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Pet peeve of mine is the fact no one can spell "Wimberley" right. So far on this thread I've seen it misspelled two different ways.

I guess they're going to have to win state again to get people to spell it right.

JT44
08-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
A running back showdown.

Wimberely's quicker than you think.

I don't believe the Texans have played Cuero since Trent Jackson has been at RB. If they have someone to make this a "showdown" it should be interesting. The only RB that has gone toe-to-toe with Trent was Parr from LaVega...when Trent was a freshman.

wimbo_pro
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
This ought to be a fun one. I know how Cuero is going to play...the question is...how will a young but talented Texan team step up to such a respected and tough opening day opponent? I predict a close one, with Cuero taking an early lead and Wimberley scrambling back in it the 2nd half...and Wimberley to win by a squeaker. What did you guys think...I'd predict a loss? LOL

32-30 Wimberley.

gold_33
08-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Thought this game would be a good test to see how far we've come but with the loss of Blakemore for the season it really sets us back at WR, he was a huge playmaker and was equally as good on D. Hopefully someone steps up and fills the void but he a very big player and pretty key on the team. Guess we'll find out next friday where we stand.

Daddy D 11
08-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by JT44
I don't believe the Texans have played Cuero since Trent Jackson has been at RB. If they have someone to make this a "showdown" it should be interesting. The only RB that has gone toe-to-toe with Trent was Parr from LaVega...when Trent was a freshman.

Dennis Smith is their RB, committed to A&M. I'd say he matches up decently with Jackson.

The LH @ Cuero game in 2006 was one of the most electric games I have been to. Later that year though, the Giddings-LH game at The Palace probably topped it.

wimbo_pro
08-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Thought this game would be a good test to see how far we've come but with the loss of Blakemore for the season it really sets us back at WR, he was a huge playmaker and was equally as good on D. Hopefully someone steps up and fills the void but he a very big player and pretty key on the team. Guess we'll find out next friday where we stand.

I'm more concerned with Blakemore's exit on defense as our safety than I am on offense, though that too will be missed.

banderafan
08-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by gold_33

What happened to Blakemore?

banderafan
08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by banderafan
What happened to Blakemore?

Tough way to start out the season!

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x239936199/High-School-Football-Injuries-taking-toll-on-the-Texans

Old Green
08-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I'm more concerned with Blakemore's exit on defense as our safety than I am on offense, though that too will be missed. Wow! I hate to hear about so many injuries this early. I hope these young men have a speedy recovery.

wimbo_pro
08-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Wow! I hate to hear about so many injuries this early. I hope these young men have a speedy recovery.

Thanks Old Green...but it is what it is. I remember Brownwood being devastated by injuries too...it happens. We play with the cards dealt. We are missing (for the season, apparently) 3 of our top performers already...and we arent THAT deep (its 3A, afterall!). but no excuses...we play with what we have...and we win or lose in a fair fight. Thats how it goes. May the best team win! See you there!

12thMan
08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Wimberley will have players step up and ready to play come Friday. Gobblers will take care of business and win by 14.

headhunter
08-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Dennis Smith is the real deal. He is one of the best backs in the state. He is fast and has very good size and is tough to tackle one-on-one. Have to keep him between the tackles if your the Gobblers defense. no doubt he will get his yards but if your the Gobblers you can't let him go crazy, must make him work hard for every yard and if he has to carry the ball more than 25 or 30 times to get those yards. That means there is no big runs.

With that said, Jackson may be the freak of the junior class in the state of Texas. I have seen a lot of kids run the ball and very few I can say have what this kid has. The thing that is so wild is that when you watch him from the stands, he does not look as shifty and balanced as he really is once you see him on the field level. He is so big in the legs and makes him tough t wrap up. He will be as good as he allows himself to be, the harder he works and the better he becomes as a team leader will determine just how far the kid can go.

Friday night will be a treat for high school football fans, it should be a great game with two good football teams that have a good history between each other, both are well aware of what each team brings to the field and have mutual respect. Both teams are younger than in past years, we will see a lot of mistakes and we will see a few blown assignments.

Gobbla2001
08-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Dunno what to think about this game... But if I had to predict:

This game is going to come down to which team scores more...

I think Trent will outscore both Cuero and Wimbarelay (sp? ;))

wimbo_pro
08-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Dunno what to think about this game... But if I had to predict:

This game is going to come down to which team scores more...

I think Trent will outscore both Cuero and Wimbarelay (sp? ;))

Dont make me make a cute "misspell" of Cuero...you know where THAT would end up! LOL

We will have our hands full with Trent, this is for sure. No matter the injuries...this was going to be a problem no matter what.

Do me a favor? Can you tell me where we can go after the game for a meal (or even just wings or something) and some "adult beverages". Since we are spending the night across the street from the stadium, we will have plenty of time on our hands!

solocam
08-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Gobblers by 17

gobbler grad
08-23-2010, 08:46 PM
what a great way to start off the season...2 great teams going at it on a hot & humid Friday night...Cuero wins in the end...:thinking: