PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny Scrimmage

JDOG
08-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Did not get to go to the scrimmage Saturday. Anyone see it or hear anything?

Cowboy_Up
08-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Scrimmage dominated by defense on both sides. All scoring came late.
The ones both scored once and same with the twos, so I guess you'd score it 2-2.
Both teams dropped a ton of passes, mainly it seemed due to WRs looking for LBs instead of the ball.
Sweeny had a few more big gains but also had a couple of TOs and some big losses due to very poor snaps that flew over QB. The dogs looked good on D.

Edna looked OK in the spread, but much better in the power I. The Cowboy D made some good plays and looked good most of the time. All in all both teams looked OK, but have plenty to work on over the next couple of weeks.

SHSBulldog00
08-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Heard the Sweeny coaches asked to blow the whistle on some runs by the Dogs QB to keep him healthy before the season. I have a feeling the snaps will get better as we get closer to Bay City.

Cowboy_Up
08-16-2010, 11:04 PM
I have no doubt your center will get that corrected.
I only saw them blow it early when he was behind the line after a bad snap. Very possible he could have made a play or two if they would have kept it live. He made some nice plays, but also got lit up a couple of times on the option. One thing for sure is he's quick and can make a broken play look good.

Good luck to you guys this year.

PS. What do you know about Needville? Haven't read much here about the 'Jays this year.

SHSBulldog00
08-16-2010, 11:31 PM
All I know is Shea Lehman is back for the Jay's.

IHStangFan
08-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
All I know is Shea Lehman is back for the Jay's. That's about the extent of my knowledge as well. Him and the Fuchs kid I believe.