PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach lands analyst's gig

Buckeye1980
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
CBS College Sports just announced that Mike Leach has joined its lineup as an analyst.

The only thing better than watching Leach coach is watching him talk -- off the cuff and frankly. For obvious reasons, Leach probably wasn't going to join ESPN but this is a good place for him during his off year. I have no doubt that he will be back in coaching in 2011. You've already seen me and others speculate about a possible opening at Oklahoma State. Makes total sense.

Stay tuned for an upcoming book from Bruce Feldman on Leach. Should be entertaining. This is the same guy who wrote "Meat Market" about Ole Miss and "Cane Mutiny" about Miami. Should be an instant classic.

95mustang
08-16-2010, 05:15 PM
This could get interesting.

Aesculus gilmus
08-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
This could get interesting.

It could be as interesting as the old days of Monday Night Football when you never knew what can of worms Howard Cosell was going to open next. A lot of people hated Cosell, but no one was EVER bored by him.

Old Tiger
08-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
This could get interesting. By interesting do you mean terrible? IMO his personality will make him a poor color guy.

Aesculus gilmus
08-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
By interesting do you mean terrible? IMO his personality will make him a poor color guy.

The poor color guys are the ones who are terminally bland and boring —_like Craig James.

LE Dad
08-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Leach should do well as long as he thinks... It is easy to get caught up in the moment and blurt something out that will haunt you.

Trashman
08-16-2010, 08:59 PM
He will probably be anything but boring, that's for sure. Especially if he starts off calling a Tech game. lol I can hear him now..."Steve that play Tech just ran was called in by one of their fat girl friends from the cheap seats." :D