PDA

View Full Version : Houston Aldine Coach shot (merged)

sinton66
08-16-2010, 10:44 AM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100815-lionel-crawford-shot

bigwood33
08-16-2010, 10:47 AM
That is just terrible.
Prayers from NCT.

wimbo_pro
08-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Stable condition...thank God.

sinton66
08-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Yep, thank God. This dang town's just to darned violent! Crazy people here.

SWMustang
08-16-2010, 01:12 PM
That was in Greenspoint aka Gunspoint. My wife works there and I make several stops in that area. It's not a place to be after dark.

In the same area this happened a few days ago. 14 year old Girl shot in the back and killed in a robbery attempt. They're just animals that need to be hung right on Greens Rd. with all the locals there to see it.

http://www.khou.com/news/Two-men-arrested-and-charged-in-14-year-old-girls-shooting-death-100496424.html

HOUSTON—The family of a 14-year-old girl who was murdered last weekend showed up in court Friday.

Although the two suspects charged in the crime didn’t physically appear in court, both were assigned attorneys.

The family of 14-year-old Shatavia Anderson came out to speak about the young girl’s murder and were seen embracing inside the courthouse. Though they were not able to see the men police say are responsible for Anderson’s death, the family said they wanted to be there nonetheless.

Anderson was robbed and killed Saturday less than 100 yards from her family’s apartment in the 1100 block of Langwick Drive, police said. Police said the crime happened at about 12:30 a.m. as Anderson walked to the intersection of Greens Road and Wayforest.

Melvin Alvarado, 22, and Jonathan Ariel Lopez-Torres, 18, confessed that they were involved in the robbery and shooting, police said.

Police said Alvarado shot Anderson in the back and Torres drove the getaway vehicle. Both of the suspects lived in the area where Anderson was robbed and killed, police said.

Detectives said the suspects saw the girl walking home alone and decided to rob her. Anderson fought back as Alvarado attempted the robbery, Houston Police Sgt. Billy Bush said.

"Something happened between them. She pushed off, and at that point she ran and he says he shot her in the back," he said.

Police said they started getting tips Tuesday after they put out a composite sketch of one of the suspects.

"Both of them show to have a criminal history, not a significant criminal history, but they both have been arrested," Bush said.

Anderson’s family members were angered when they learned Alvarado was an illegal immigrant from El Salvador and had previously been deported from the U.S. twice.

"What I’m trying to figure out is how they started coming over here and they can do whatever they want," said Anderson’s uncle Joe Lambert. "What you doing is giving them the green light, tellin’ them, ‘Hey, you can come over here and do what you want.’ It’s a prime example, that guy.."

Torres, a legal immigrant from Honduras, had no prior criminal convictions.

The two men appeared in a probable cause court on Thursday.

A judge refused to set bail.

Alvarado and Lopez-Torres are expected to be appear before a judge at the Harris County Criminal Justice Center on Friday.

Anderson’s funeral is planned for Saturday at 10 a.m. at Canaan Missionary Baptist Church located in the 5000 block of Lockwood.

Her family set up a memorial fund at Capital One Bank.

Maroon87
08-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

:iagree:

Keith7
08-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
:iagree:

we need more guns!! :eek: :eek:

ronwx5x
08-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Exact same murder rate as Dallas. Rated 1 higher than Dallas on property crimes.

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=54835000&city2=54819000

ronwx5x
08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Lower than Detroit.

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=54835000&city2=52622000

Keith7
08-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Exact same murder rate as Dallas. Rated 1 higher than Dallas on property crimes.

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=54835000&city2=54819000

The Woodlands has had how many bank robberies in the last year? :confused:

ronwx5x
08-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
The Woodlands has had how many bank robberies in the last year? :confused:

Go where the money is!!!:inlove:

sinton66
08-16-2010, 04:32 PM

I agree! The citizens need to be carrying them. Police can't be everywhere.

BOP64
08-16-2010, 09:35 PM
where's Charles Bronson when needed....those Deathwish movies gave me a deep sense of satisfaction when someone gave the hardcore criminals a dose of their own medicine.

sinton66
08-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by BOP64
where's Charles Bronson when needed....those Deathwish movies gave me a deep sense of satisfaction when someone gave the hardcore criminals a dose of their own medicine.

He might be a little old now as well as I am, but if either of us had an AA12...............................;)

rancher
08-17-2010, 06:44 AM
According to the Houston Chronicle today, 8/17/10, the coaches story is not checking out. You dont think he would lie to the police do you. He was shot at a by the hour motel, I wonder what he was doing there??? The only one I know who frequents the by the hour motels are whores, pimps, crackheads and dope dealers. You be the judge, the plot thickens.

rancher
08-17-2010, 07:20 AM
According to the Houston Chronicle, the coaches story is not checking out. He was shot at a by the hour motel (Scottish Inn). You dont think he would lie to the police do you? I wonder who he was seeing at the motel?? The plot thickens :thinking:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7156248.html

Reds fan
08-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Right on Keith!

Trashman
08-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by rancher
According to the Houston Chronicle today, 8/17/10, the coaches story is not checking out. You dont think he would lie to the police do you. He was shot at a by the hour motel, I wonder what he was doing there??? The only one I know who frequents the by the hour motels are whores, pimps, crackheads and dope dealers. You be the judge, the plot thickens.

He was recruiting "Players". :D

Ranger Mom
08-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by rancher

Yeah, I had just read that the investigators are now saying there was NO carjacking....attempted or otherwise.

This could get kinda ugly!!:(

Maroon87
08-17-2010, 11:30 AM

Well, the bad guy is most likely gonna have a gun...might as well be prepared.

SWMustang
08-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Hell hath no fury like a prostitute stiffed....

sinton66
08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Yeah, I had just read that the investigators are now saying there was NO carjacking....attempted or otherwise.

This could get kinda ugly!!:(

Yup, sure could.

injuredinmelee
08-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Anderson’s family members were angered when they learned Alvarado was an illegal immigrant from El Salvador and had previously been deported from the U.S. twice. maybe someday the immigration laws will be enforced in this country.

LE Dad
08-17-2010, 06:36 PM
we need more guns!! :eek: :eek: Nah, just more ammo for what I already have.:D

NastySlot
08-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
That was in Greenspoint aka Gunspoint. My wife works there and I make several stops in that area. It's not a place to be after dark.

In the same area this happened a few days ago. 14 year old Girl shot in the back and killed in a robbery attempt. They're just animals that need to be hung right on Greens Rd. with all the locals there to see it.

http://www.khou.com/news/Two-men-arrested-and-charged-in-14-year-old-girls-shooting-death-100496424.html

HOUSTON—The family of a 14-year-old girl who was murdered last weekend showed up in court Friday.

Although the two suspects charged in the crime didn’t physically appear in court, both were assigned attorneys.

The family of 14-year-old Shatavia Anderson came out to speak about the young girl’s murder and were seen embracing inside the courthouse. Though they were not able to see the men police say are responsible for Anderson’s death, the family said they wanted to be there nonetheless.

Anderson was robbed and killed Saturday less than 100 yards from her family’s apartment in the 1100 block of Langwick Drive, police said. Police said the crime happened at about 12:30 a.m. as Anderson walked to the intersection of Greens Road and Wayforest.

Melvin Alvarado, 22, and Jonathan Ariel Lopez-Torres, 18, confessed that they were involved in the robbery and shooting, police said.

Police said Alvarado shot Anderson in the back and Torres drove the getaway vehicle. Both of the suspects lived in the area where Anderson was robbed and killed, police said.

Detectives said the suspects saw the girl walking home alone and decided to rob her. Anderson fought back as Alvarado attempted the robbery, Houston Police Sgt. Billy Bush said.

"Something happened between them. She pushed off, and at that point she ran and he says he shot her in the back," he said.

Police said they started getting tips Tuesday after they put out a composite sketch of one of the suspects.

"Both of them show to have a criminal history, not a significant criminal history, but they both have been arrested," Bush said.

Anderson’s family members were angered when they learned Alvarado was an illegal immigrant from El Salvador and had previously been deported from the U.S. twice.

"What I’m trying to figure out is how they started coming over here and they can do whatever they want," said Anderson’s uncle Joe Lambert. "What you doing is giving them the green light, tellin’ them, ‘Hey, you can come over here and do what you want.’ It’s a prime example, that guy.."

Torres, a legal immigrant from Honduras, had no prior criminal convictions.

The two men appeared in a probable cause court on Thursday.

A judge refused to set bail.

Alvarado and Lopez-Torres are expected to be appear before a judge at the Harris County Criminal Justice Center on Friday.

Anderson’s funeral is planned for Saturday at 10 a.m. at Canaan Missionary Baptist Church located in the 5000 block of Lockwood.

Her family set up a memorial fund at Capital One Bank.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100816-murder-suspect-beaten-in-harris-county-jail

eagles_victory
08-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by BOP64
where's Charles Bronson when needed....those Deathwish movies gave me a deep sense of satisfaction when someone gave the hardcore criminals a dose of their own medicine. No need we now have Dexter Morgan for that.

SWMustang
08-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100816-murder-suspect-beaten-in-harris-county-jail

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BaseballUmp
08-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
maybe someday the immigration laws will be enforced in this country.
Absolutely right, thats a damn shame

Ranger Mom
08-18-2010, 10:01 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen!!

I hope they beat the scumbag everyday!!

No need to deport him a 3rd time, just put him in our prison system, the inmates will take care of him!!!

He will wish he had never heard of America!!:)

LE Dad
08-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Hell hath no fury like a prostitute stiffed.... I think they or OK with that, but I think they do get upset if you don't pay.:thinking:

LE Dad
08-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Amen!!

I hope they beat the scumbag everyday!!

No need to deport him a 3rd time, just put him in our prison system, the inmates will take care of him!!!

He will wish he had never heard of America!!:) LOL!!!

sinton66
08-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I think they or OK with that, but I think they do get upset if you don't pay.:thinking:

Let's not get carried away with this line please.