PDA

View Full Version : Massey Time?

gatordaze
08-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Is it time for the annual Massey Ratings waste of time exercise. I just spent the first two hours, who is next? My pointless analysis is as follows:

Regular Season:
Celina against the field 9-1 with a 22-27 loss to Pilot Point no other games within 10 points.

Playoffs against Massey's top 10 on a neutral field: Celina ranked 11

Gilmer- Celina loss 25-38
Pilot Point- Celina loss 22-27
Carthage- Celina loss 22-28
Wylie- Celina loss 21-23
Graham- Celina loss 25-23
Prosper- Celina loss 19-21 They love the Prosper D ranked #1 is this before the departure of Mario Edwards and losing the MLB to injury?
Argyle- Celina loss 22-23
Pittsburg- Celina loss 26-27
Cuero- Celina loss 29-30
Sealy- Celina loss 29-30

Against other 3ADL favorites:

Lovejoy- Celina win 31-26 Massey hating on the LL D ranked 45 in 3A
Bwood- Celina win 28-22 Ranked 28th in both D and O
Giddings- Celina win 27-24
WOS- Celina win 25-21
Wimberley- Celina win 32-18

Probable D1 playoff path for Celina:
Bi-District: Sanger/Argyle Celina win 32-18 v Sanger, Celina loss 22-23 v Argyle
Area: Lovejoy Celina 31-26
Quarters: Henderson/Carthage Celina win 32-24 v Henderson, Celina loss 22-28 v Carthage
Semis: Big Spring/Wylie Celina win 26-23 v BS, Celina loss 21-23 v Wylie
Finals: ???? I have no clue who might be D1 from the R 3&4

Massey thinks Celina O is the same as 2009 and the the 2009 D was 2 roughly points better in each match-up. I think the O will be much better and I can live with the D being the same. All depends on Lovejoy's D and then how D1 breaks. I like our chances.

Massey Rankings (http://www.highschoolsports.net/)

firstdown
08-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Gator don't do that to yourself. It's not healthy. Massey is for the time being is weighted to much on last years teams and stats to be accurate.

bigwood33
08-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Subscribe to the Harris Poll. It is MUCH more accurate. It usually takes them about 3 or 4 weeks to get it dialed in but then it is nails!

BILLYFRED0000
08-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey Gator, these ratings are so heavily weighted to last year that I wait till district to do a Massey thing. By then teams will show what they have and massey can adjust. I do think the D is better this year than last, and like you I believe the O will be the more traditional O of the last years. I saw last year as an aberration of sorts with the O just not holding the ball like they do and not finishing as well. Not bad just not quite the old Celina O.

oldtownag
08-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Is it time for the annual Massey Ratings waste of time exercise. I just spent the first two hours, who is next? My pointless analysis is as follows:

Regular Season:
Celina against the field 9-1 with a 22-27 loss to Pilot Point no other games within 10 points.

Playoffs against Massey's top 10 on a neutral field: Celina ranked 11

Gilmer- Celina loss 25-38
Pilot Point- Celina loss 22-27
Carthage- Celina loss 22-28
Wylie- Celina loss 21-23
Graham- Celina loss 25-23
Prosper- Celina loss 19-21 They love the Prosper D ranked #1 is this before the departure of Mario Edwards and losing the MLB to injury?
Argyle- Celina loss 22-23
Pittsburg- Celina loss 26-27
Cuero- Celina loss 29-30
Sealy- Celina loss 29-30

Against other 3ADL favorites:

Lovejoy- Celina win 31-26 Massey hating on the LL D ranked 45 in 3A
Bwood- Celina win 28-22 Ranked 28th in both D and O
Giddings- Celina win 27-24
WOS- Celina win 25-21
Wimberley- Celina win 32-18

Probable D1 playoff path for Celina:
Bi-District: Sanger/Argyle Celina win 32-18 v Sanger, Celina loss 22-23 v Argyle
Area: Lovejoy Celina 31-26
Quarters: Henderson/Carthage Celina win 32-24 v Henderson, Celina loss 22-28 v Carthage
Semis: Big Spring/Wylie Celina win 26-23 v BS, Celina loss 21-23 v Wylie
Finals: ???? I have no clue who might be D1 from the R 3&4

Massey thinks Celina O is the same as 2009 and the the 2009 D was 2 roughly points better in each match-up. I think the O will be much better and I can live with the D being the same. All depends on Lovejoy's D and then how D1 breaks. I like our chances.

Massey Rankings (http://www.highschoolsports.net/)

So how do you plan on making it to the semi-finals with a loss in the Quarters?

gatordaze
08-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
So how do you plan on making it to the semi-finals with a loss in the Quarters?

Not that it really matters, but it clearly shows that if Henderson makes the playoffs the predictor has Celina winning. Same could be said of bi-district.

I personally think that if Celina can avoid Gilmer and Carthage that they will win #9. We are real Henderson fans this year. I think that Bwood and AW are anyones game and I am not particularly impressed with the rest.

eagle9
08-17-2010, 12:06 AM
I think that Bwood and AW are anyones game and I am not particularly impressed with the rest.
Haha don't get too excited there. District 11 has 2 teams that I can ensure you will help give Celina an early playoff exit ;) and even though Lovejoy is pretty much guaranteed to be that team, I would love to see Prosper give them an early exit

gatordaze
08-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by eagle9
Haha don't get too excited there. District 11 has 2 teams that I can ensure you will help give Celina an early playoff exit ;) and even though Lovejoy is pretty much guaranteed to be that team, I would love to see Prosper give them an early exit

Did you even read the thread?

It clearly states that it is about Massey predictions. Massey predicts Celina will beat Lovejoy.

Relax and enjoy your return to mediocrity.

eagle9
08-17-2010, 11:00 AM
I personally think that if Celina can avoid Gilmer and Carthage that they will win #9. Haha so this isn't your personal opinion?? And just go ahead and enjoy your cupcake schedule. Yall will be 10-0 rolling into the play-offs and have an early exit like i predicted earlier. I hope you enjoy the disappointment :)

bowleghorses
08-17-2010, 01:29 PM

It clearly states that it is about Massey predictions. Massey predicts Celina will beat Lovejoy.

Is that where Celina has been the last couple of years?:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

LE Dad
08-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Is that where Celina has been the last couple of years?:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :eek: :eek: :eek:

gatordaze
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Is that where Celina has been the last couple of years?:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

"Couple of Years?"

Last year is the only down year in many and it ended in the playoffs.

Seems like they have played in the big game the year before last and the year before that, and the year before that...

If your right and 2 state championships, 2 runner ups, a a second round loss in the playoffs is mediocrity...

Who wants some?

bowleghorses
08-17-2010, 03:56 PM
"Couple of Years?"

Last year is the only down year in many and it ended in the playoffs.

Seems like they have played in the big game the year before last and the year before that, and the year before that...

If your right and 2 state championships, 2 runner ups, a a second round loss in the playoffs is mediocrity...

Who wants some?

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :taunt:

BILLYFRED0000
08-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Haha so this isn't your personal opinion?? And just go ahead and enjoy your cupcake schedule. Yall will be 10-0 rolling into the play-offs and have an early exit like i predicted earlier. I hope you enjoy the disappointment :)

I hope you like crow.

BILLYFRED0000
08-17-2010, 04:24 PM

Well you might want to know what you are talking about. Last four years 1 title two runner ups and last year a down year.

eagle9
08-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah last year was a down year for Celina, and yall did have success the 3 previous years but I just don't see yall returning to the status yall used to be at. Yeah yall will be 10-0 going into the playoffs because yall have a cupcake schedule, but I don't see yall getting past the second round. With possibly having to deal with Argyle in the first round and then Lovejoy or Prosper in the second round. Sorry but the past is the past and yall will not return to those days, at least not this year.

gatordaze
08-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah last year was a down year for Celina, and yall did have success the 3 previous years but I just don't see yall returning to the status yall used to be at. Yeah yall will be 10-0 going into the playoffs because yall have a cupcake schedule, but I don't see yall getting past the second round. With possibly having to deal with Argyle in the first round and then Lovejoy or Prosper in the second round. Sorry but the past is the past and yall will not return to those days, at least not this year.

What exactly do you know about Celina this year? It is impossible for Celina to play Prosper unless Lovejoy misses the playoffs completely and that is not going to happen.

I could see Prosper missing completely but not Lovejoy. You guys shot your wad over the past two years and were too stupid to hire the best player that you will ever have's dad so now he is off to Denton to play for a real team.

21 seniors including Drew, Rock, and Padilla add to that the loss of Mario, Blake and your MLB is out for the season. Your best athlete's dad will probably not let him even play football so as to not jeopardizes his future MLB career. Better hope Juan can go both ways. You guys will return to the cellar where you belong. Prospering is not what your football team will experience!

peagle
08-17-2010, 11:03 PM
What exactly do you know about Celina this year? It is impossible for Celina to play Prosper unless Lovejoy misses the playoffs completely and that is not going to happen.

I could see Prosper missing completely but not Lovejoy. You guys shot your wad over the past two years and were too stupid to hire the best player that you will ever have's dad so now he is off to Denton to play for a real team.

21 seniors including Drew, Rock, and Padilla add to that the loss of Mario, Blake and your MLB is out for the season. Your best athlete's dad will probably not let him even play football so as to not jeopardizes his future MLB career. Better hope Juan can go both ways. You guys will return to the cellar where you belong. Prospering is not what your football team will experience!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

charlesrixey
08-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Haha so this isn't your personal opinion?? And just go ahead and enjoy your cupcake schedule. Yall will be 10-0 rolling into the play-offs and have an early exit like i predicted earlier. I hope you enjoy the disappointment :)

LOL

so Celina goes a year without playing in the state finals; i wish i was a prosper fan so i could root for a winner!

Why can't we all just get along and win titles together? No bobcats begrudged the Eagles when they lost to us 20-something times in a row, the last ten by an average of 45-3?(including 27-21 in '05).

Just because you won a state title a year sooner doesn't mean that you should really care if Celina has an easy schedule, especially when from 1975-2004 you were one of the most reliable wins :p

bobcat4life
08-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
LOL

so Celina goes a year without playing in the state finals; i wish i was a prosper fan so i could root for a winner!

Why can't we all just get along and win titles together? No bobcats begrudged the Eagles when they lost to us 20-something times in a row, the last ten by an average of 45-3?(including 27-21 in '05).

Just because you won a state title a year sooner doesn't mean that you should really care if Celina has an easy schedule, especially when from 1975-2004 you were one of the most reliable wins :p they once quit on us at halftime too :)

bowleghorses
08-18-2010, 12:01 PM

Was it not you that said Prosper would return to mediocrity?

bowleghorses
08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Was it not you that said Prosper would return to mediocrity?
Looks like they have had a few good years in a row.

gatordaze
08-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
they once quit on us at halftime too :)

In fairness to Prosper it was the beginning of low point.

It was 1985 and the 1st game of the season. The score was 61-0 at the half. The team just go on the bus and left before the second half kick-off.

They gave the season another couple of games in which they did not fair any better and just disbanded the team and forfeited the rest of the games.

The reality is that Prosper is a sub .500 lifetime team that is feeling a bit of success as they have grown from 4500 to 9500 in the past 3-4 years.

They were smart enough to build awesome facilities and lay the bill at the feet of the town residence. They then opened up cheap rental housing that has drawn an influx of talent that would not otherwise be able to afford to live in Prosper.

The down size is all these people are pushing them rapidly to 4A where they will return to their historical place in the cellar. They will get dominated far and wide and probably end up in the same district as HP in which they may never beat them until they are a large 4A on their way to 5A in which Allen will then make them their biznitch as Celina has and others will.

They are just the blind squirrel that has found a nut and think they are ready to open up a nut store!

BILLYFRED0000
08-18-2010, 01:21 PM

It was 1985 and the 1st game of the season. The score was 61-0 at the half. The team just go on the bus and left before the second half kick-off.

They gave the season another couple of games in which they did not fair any better and just disbanded the team and forfeited the rest of the games.

The reality is that Prosper is a sub .500 lifetime team that is feeling a bit of success as they have grown from 4500 to 9500 in the past 3-4 years.

They were smart enough to build awesome facilities and lay the bill at the feet of the town residence. They then opened up cheap rental housing that has drawn an influx of talent that would not otherwise be able to afford to live in Prosper.

The down size is all these people are pushing them rapidly to 4A where they will return to their historical place in the cellar. They will get dominated far and wide and probably end up in the same district as HP in which they may never beat them until they are a large 4A on their way to 5A in which Allen will then make them their biznitch as Celina has and others will.

They are just the blind squirrel that has found a nut and think they are ready to open up a nut store!

Yeah what he said. With one further caveat. They hit us good for two years but the year before that it was 62 13 us. If they can stay on top for the next 30 or 40 years they way they have the last two then they will measure up to Celina's overall success.

orange machine
08-18-2010, 02:24 PM
:flaming: :foul: :weeping: :cheerl: :clap: :wave:

In that order!!!

Ranger Mom
08-18-2010, 02:34 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/jenniferwriter/jerry1.gif

eagle9
08-18-2010, 02:53 PM
I like how when I start talking about the present the only thing yall can bring up is the past. And even in the past Prosper put up with Celina for 20 years or whatever and still considered them a rival. And it is sad how Celina can't even put up with Prosper for 2 years without trying to get out of it.

And whoever is saying Prosper won't have success in 4A has no idea what they are talking about. They won't be playing Highland Park... They will be in with the Frisco schools and will have no problem with them.

Also yall are talking about how Prosper has lost a lot, which is true, but yall also are saying how much they have grown. So why dont you put 2 and 2 together. They have plenty of new talent from move ins and an undefeated JV team from last year so they will be just fine.

lostaussie
08-18-2010, 03:01 PM

They are just the blind squirrel that has found a nut and think they are ready to open up a nut store! WOW

gatordaze
08-18-2010, 03:18 PM
I like how when I start talking about the present the only thing yall can bring up is the past. And even in the past Prosper put up with Celina for 20 years or whatever and still considered them a rival. And it is sad how Celina can't even put up with Prosper for 2 years without trying to get out of it.

And whoever is saying Prosper won't have success in 4A has no idea what they are talking about. They won't be playing Highland Park... They will be in with the Frisco schools and will have no problem with them.

Also yall are talking about how Prosper has lost a lot, which is true, but yall also are saying how much they have grown. So why dont you put 2 and 2 together. They have plenty of new talent from move ins and an undefeated JV team from last year so they will be just fine.

Considering you wont make it far enough to see HP you are probably correct.

I was pointing out that the very good teams of the past two years was based upon a great OL 2 years ago and a very good D last year led by Drew, Rock, Mario with Padilla and Owens contributing in a major way.

This year that talent has graduated or moved away.

Celina JV allowed only 20 points on the year and stopped the Prosper JV 7 plays inside the 5 and yes ultimately lost in the last three minutes in an otherwise awesome Defensive performance.

Celina only moved 2 kids up from that JV Defense and if Prosper had to move JV kids up to fill all of those holes, they will not be as good as advertised.

BILLYFRED0000
08-18-2010, 04:04 PM

I was answering a gentlemen who said you had put together several good years in a row. And my response was that so had we. And in comparison we were by far better overall and we have the record to prove it. Not to say that ya'll have not been great lately.