PDA

View Full Version : Rough day on the water yesterday...

Gobbla2001
08-15-2010, 01:54 PM
fished a local tournament yesterday (nothing big at all) and got 5th in the redfish division... yesterday truely sucked... fished from 6am to 230pm and these were the only two I caught... two is the most you can weigh in anyway, but our spots just aren't producing the larger ones this year... only 8.6 pounds

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7883/imageaal.jpg

44INAROW
08-15-2010, 03:59 PM
a bad day fishing beats any day working :) nice fish

zebrablue2
08-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
a bad day fishing beats any day working :) nice fish

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

1st and goal
08-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice keepers. We went out a couple of weeks and had a really poor day. Only 5 keepers using both croakers and live shrimp.

AP Panther Fan
08-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
fished a local tournament yesterday (nothing big at all) and got 5th in the redfish division... yesterday truely sucked... fished from 6am to 230pm and these were the only two I caught... two is the most you can weigh in anyway, but our spots just aren't producing the larger ones this year... only 8.6 pounds

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7883/imageaal.jpg

Head south, my friend! My son has been out just fishing with friends (Redfish Bay) and all three of them limited out...a couple of times. He even used his stamp for a 32" Red. They went out several days in a row and did the SAME thing!

You had a long day on the water, but I hope you still enjoyed yourself!:)

Farmersfan
08-16-2010, 08:20 AM
I went out on Texoma Saturday night and night fished. Just as the sun went down the stripers started biting. Between dark and 2:30am I probably caught 50 stripers in the 12" to 20" range on a swimbait. No big ones but the action was fast and furious and by 2:30 I was worn out!!!!! BTW: the breeze would stop blowing every so often and even at midnight I thought I would die from the steaming heat on the Lake.

Gobbla2001
08-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Head south, my friend! My son has been out just fishing with friends (Redfish Bay) and all three of them limited out...a couple of times. He even used his stamp for a 32" Red. They went out several days in a row and did the SAME thing!

You had a long day on the water, but I hope you still enjoyed yourself!:)

I dunno what the deal is, have my suspicions but not sure... They filled in an old bridge back there because it was wearing down, a lot of work-over rigs go back on that land so they were worried about a collapse... To make up for the flow being shut-down where the bridge was they cut out a chunk of land so the drain goes a different route now, so maybe the fish haven't adjusted, or never will I dunno...

These two were 23", luckily they had some weight on 'em, but I'm used to bringing in 25" to 28" reds in this area (and my personal best 34", which would have done me no good for the redfish division which follows the slot-size)...

We saw more reds but I couldn't trick em.. Did see one that may have been-upper slot.. Was showing her back for a good 10 minutes but by the time we got close enough for me to get out of the boat and make my way toward her she was gone and I couldn't find her....

Oh and it was 4th place now that I think about it...

Gobbla2001
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I went out on Texoma Saturday night and night fished. Just as the sun went down the stripers started biting. Between dark and 2:30am I probably caught 50 stripers in the 12" to 20" range on a swimbait. No big ones but the action was fast and furious and by 2:30 I was worn out!!!!! BTW: the breeze would stop blowing every so often and even at midnight I thought I would die from the steaming heat on the Lake.

Haven't fished freshwater in a loooonnnnnng time... Stripers are for sure fun to catch...

sinton66
08-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Those two sure would be good grilled over mesquite........;)