PDA

View Full Version : Vlad...

jlwttu
08-14-2010, 10:42 PM
/rant

...is trying to overtake Torii Hunter as the worst baserunner in the AL. I can't believe he tried to steal 2nd when the tying run was at bat.

I also can't believe that there is a day game tomorrow at the Ballpark. Whoever scheduled that should be slapped.

/end rant

Yoe_09
08-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by jlwttu
/rant

...is trying to overtake Torii Hunter as the worst baserunner in the AL. I can't believe he tried to steal 2nd when the tying run was at bat.

I also can't believe that there is a day game tomorrow at the Ballpark. Whoever scheduled that should be slapped.

/end rant

Normally there is only 1 game on Sunday night and im guessing because of ESPN.

Matthew328
08-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Typically Texas gets an exemption because of the heat....guess not this week...

Yoe_09
08-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Typically Texas gets an exemption because of the heat....guess not this week...

Ahh yeah I was wondering why they were like the only team to get those night games.

Txbroadcaster
08-15-2010, 08:49 AM
This is a day game because the Rangers scheduled it that way, not because of ESPN because they are not showing the game

Most likely it is a get away day game. Texas is in Tampa tomorrow and play

ccmom
08-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
This is a day game because the Rangers scheduled it that way, not because of ESPN because they are not showing the game

Most likely it is a get away day game. Texas is in Tampa tomorrow and play That's what I was thinking. They played Boston on a HOT August Sunday afternoon last season, too.

Yoe_09
08-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Most likely it is a get away day game. Texas is in Tampa tomorrow and play

well yeah. Im just saying that normally there is only one night game scheduled in major league baseball on Sunday nights.

eagles_victory
08-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Me and Coach were talking about Vlad stealing and he said Josh and Tom were talking about a hit and run or some sort of play being on because it makes 0 sense to have Vlad on a straight steal.

Farmersfan
08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Me and Coach were talking about Vlad stealing and he said Josh and Tom were talking about a hit and run or some sort of play being on because it makes 0 sense to have Vlad on a straight steal.

It seems like I have heard issues about Vlads base running all through the season. I know some of the Ranger base coaches have mentioned that they almost have to grab him to stop him. (Josh and Tom talked about it on TV). Is this one of few weak parts of Vlads game?

crzyjournalist03
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
It seems like I have heard issues about Vlads base running all through the season. I know some of the Ranger base coaches have mentioned that they almost have to grab him to stop him. (Josh and Tom talked about it on TV). Is this one of few weak parts of Vlads game?

He's actually a decent runner; his problem is that he thinks he's still the great runner he was 10 years ago when he was a 40/40 threat. Since the Angels let him go because they didn't believe he's healthy, he's been running with a chip on his shoulder all season trying to prove otherwise. He's now been caught stealing more than he has been successful, so hopefully he'll curb that. He has made some very good plays by taking extra bases this year, but he hasn't been good at choosing his spots.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-16-2010, 10:48 AM
hopefully he finds his homerun swing so he can run around the bases safely.