PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmage info

orange machine
08-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Updates on your scrimmage.

orange machine
08-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Don't know all the details, but saw where Gilmer and Whitehouse both scored quiet a bit in their scrimmage.

orange machine
08-14-2010, 01:41 PM
According to a Gilmer fan Gilmer scored 3 td's to Whitehouses 2.

Matthew328
08-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Heard Wichita Falls Hirschi smacked Mineral Wells around pretty good

95mustang
08-14-2010, 02:29 PM
It was HOT!!!!!!

mwrams
08-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Hirschi did have a little success against the Rams 2nd team. I don't think Mineral Wells was showing their true colors as several players had the wrong numbers and I have not seen them run any of those plays during practice. Several players out of their normal position too. Wonder how many schools pull this type of stuff during scrimmages.

Torb
08-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Lamesa 0 Idalou 0
Muleshoe 0 Lamesa 0
Muleshoe 1 Idalou 1 (I think)
Pretty good Defenses in this 3 way today

fresh-j
08-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Heard Wichita Falls Hirschi smacked Mineral Wells around pretty good

:eek:

mwrams is here no worries :D

fresh-j
08-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
It was HOT!!!!!!

Scores!? Lol :D

icu812
08-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
According to a Gilmer fan Gilmer scored 3 td's to Whitehouses 2.

According to a WH fan is was 2-2 or 2-1 WH if just counting the first teams.

Van & Arp's first team was 0-0. Van moved the ball well but didn't put it in the endzone. Arp struggled to move the ball against Van's first team. Arp scored twice on Van's second unit. They didn't play a live quarter. Arp is a very good 2A ranked in top 5 I believe. Looked like two good teams to me. Good first scrimmage for Van considering they have a new coach, offense and QB (who played very well btw).

I heard Canton 6 Farmersville 1. If Canton's defense has improved they will be a dangerous team this year. They have a good qb and receivers.

fresh-j
08-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by icu812

Van & Arp's first team was 0-0. Van moved the ball well but didn't put it in the endzone. Arp struggled to move the ball against Van's first team. Arp scored twice on Van's second unit. They didn't play a live quarter. Arp is a very good 2A ranked in top 5 I believe. Looked like two good teams to me. Good first scrimmage for Van considering they have a new coach, offense and QB (who played very well btw).

I heard Canton 6 Farmersville 1. If Canton's defense has improved they will be a dangerous team this year. They have a good qb and receivers.

How'd the MLB stud for Van look?

95mustang
08-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by fresh-j
Scores!? Lol :D

It was mainly a position practice. The the first teams went 15 plays and the 2nd team went 10 plays each.

Brownwood won 3-1.

icu812
08-14-2010, 03:47 PM
How'd the MLB stud for Van look?

Looked good except he only played about 10 snaps total and he also starts at left tackle on offense. Most of our horses were out pretty quick. We had a starting linebacker tweek a knee and a receiver had a bad knee injury on a high/low tackle. That and I think the new coach wanted to see what some of the young guys could do.

fresh-j
08-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
It was mainly a position practice. The the first teams went 15 plays and the 2nd team went 10 plays each.

Brownwood won 3-1.

Glad to here it.

fresh-j
08-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Looked good except he only played about 10 snaps total and he also starts at left tackle on offense. Most of our horses were out pretty quick. We had a starting linebacker tweek a knee and a receiver had a bad knee injury on a high/low tackle. That and I think the new coach wanted to see what some of the young guys could do.

I guess since he's a linemen that's why he's #78 Lol :D

Matthew328
08-14-2010, 03:59 PM
The text I got regarding the score was in the controlled portion 4-0 Hirschi and then in the live quarter 1-0 MW

LE Dad
08-14-2010, 04:05 PM
The text I got regarding the score was in the controlled portion 4-0 Hirschi and then in the live quarter 1-0 MW

Ouch!!:doh:

fresh-j
08-14-2010, 04:07 PM

:helpme: :speech: :D

fresh-j
08-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Ouch!!:doh:

:taunt: :iagree: :2thumbsup Lol do y'all scrimmage today?

LE Dad
08-14-2010, 04:10 PM

I heard Canton 6 Farmersville 1. If Canton's defense has improved they will be a dangerous team this year. They have a good qb and receivers. Yeah, from the looks of it they needed an official scorer to decide who scored what on which defense, lol.:D

Hope those knee injuries don't start affecting the Vandals again this year. It sounds like ya'll might be starting to click. :cool:

LE Dad
08-14-2010, 04:14 PM
:taunt: :iagree: :2thumbsup Lol do y'all scrimmage today? No, held an intrasquad yesterday and scrimmage Marshall Friday night.:D

fresh-j
08-14-2010, 04:40 PM
No, held an intrasquad yesterday and scrimmage Marshall Friday night.:D

Good luck! :D

mwrams
08-14-2010, 05:02 PM
When did Hirschi get into the end zone 4 times? I only saw once and that was against the 2nd team? Did I miss something?

icu812
08-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, from the looks of it they needed an official scorer to decide who scored what on which defense, lol.:D

Hope those knee injuries don't start affecting the Vandals again this year. It sounds like ya'll might be starting to click. :cool:

I like how our move in sophmore QB is throwing the ball. He started today completed most of his passes and we threw it alot. That allows us to move our senior QB to WR where he is a stud. If we can stay heathly we'll have a good team.

Pudlugger
08-14-2010, 06:11 PM
How did the Cuero Scrimmage go today?

trojan37
08-14-2010, 07:39 PM
West 3 Fairfield 2.

Eagle 1
08-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Brownwood 2
Eastland 1

Goldthwaite 3
Bangs 3

YTBulldogs
08-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Bellville 2
Yoakum 1

HEMOTOXIC
08-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Navasota 1
Sealy 1

Bull's-eye
08-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Bellville 2
Yoakum 1

From the report that I got, Bellville scored 3 times. Bellville scored on an impressive 70 yard opening drive in the controlled part of the scrimmage, besides winning the live portion 2-1.

BEAST
08-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Brownwood 2
Eastland 1

Goldthwaite 3
Bangs 3

Brownwood 3
Eastland 1

BEAST

bigwood33
08-14-2010, 09:27 PM
How did the Lions look?

Bearcat
08-14-2010, 10:42 PM
pilot point 8
vernon 1

Matthew328
08-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by mwrams
When did Hirschi get into the end zone 4 times? I only saw once and that was against the 2nd team? Did I miss something?

I'm just going off the info given to me...I figured Coach Searcy wouldn't give me false info...

orange machine
08-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Celina 3
Ft worth Nolan 0

CueroDad08
08-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
How did the Cuero Scrimmage go today?

Cuero 4
Lockhart 0

trojan37
08-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat
pilot point 8
vernon 1

OUCH!!

jlwttu
08-14-2010, 11:02 PM
pilot point 8
vernon 1

Looks like it's going to be another long season.

44INAROW
08-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Cuero 4
Lockhart 0

glad to hear that.. we didn't make it (golf tourney stuff) next week's scrimmage against LG will be a good one

orange machine
08-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Anybody heard how Lovejoy, Prosper or AW did?

Matthew328
08-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Heard Kaufman tested Lovejoy some....I know Means didn't suit out but unless he plays defense Lovejoy's got a lot of work to do on that side..

Emerson1
08-15-2010, 12:41 AM
I'll get the lowdown on Lovejoy tomorrow.

zebrablue2
08-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
From the report that I got, Bellville scored 3 times. Bellville scored on an impressive 70 yard opening drive in the controlled part of the scrimmage, besides winning the live portion 2-1.

same thing I heard from one of the brahma dads!!

YTBulldogs
08-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
same thing I heard from one of the brahma dads!!

I stand corrected, it was 3-1.

Appeared both teams could move the ball on the others "D". And, you could tell it was early cause both teams appeared mighty winded.

Lost our #1 QB in warm ups. Very odd mishap there. Should be ready for the opener though.

Got the 'lil #2 QB some important snaps. Bet he was nervous. Held his own. Big step up from Freshman ball, he found out going against ya'lls first teamers. Not sure he was ready out the gate for that.

catgut
08-15-2010, 07:57 AM
anyone heard how Paris/Ranchview came out?

gatordaze
08-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Celina mixes it up so much it is hard to tell which team is on the field. They started on the 1's offense then promply put in the 2's then put in the 1st line with the second skill etc.

Celina 1st Offense looked great and scrored in 5 plays. When they started mixing in some 2's, things sputtered a bit. The first line with the second skill looked better than the second line with the second skill.

1st D stuggled for the first series, 2's looked about the same. Nolan drove the ball to the redzone and fumbled otherwise they would have scored. 1's came back in and dominated. Not sure if Celina scored again but I know that Nolan did not score all night.

In the live quarter, Celina won easily 14-0 and held the ball for 2/3 of the time.

Live quarter was penalty filled on both sides as I think that the refs must have gotten new whistles in the off season and needed to break them in.

The past two seasons have given me repesct the big TAPPS schools as they are pretty salty. TCA set the tone for our season last year and these guys beat them for the TAPPS champinship. I don't know what they lost but to beat TCA they had to be pretty good.

jrhernandez7
08-15-2010, 10:32 AM
smithville had a good showing last night against lampassas. still have a loooooooooooooong way to go to be competing with the likes of the district schedule we got ahead. but alot of good things to build on, intesity and hustle was there. players lined up correctly on both sides of the ball wich is all you are mainly looking for in the first scrimmage. coaches seems to have a realy good grasp of using players skills in the right positon and right time wich realy has hurt us in the past. still alot of improvment to be made, but all in all not to shaby.

Coach BS
08-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I went to the Rockdale / Elgin scrimmage not sure of the scoring it looked like the 1st teamers were in the first series and after that alot of backups were in. The Defense for Rockdale looked pretty dang good, Derek David is awesome, the pass defense looked a little shaky at times. Brooks at RB took one about 60 yds to the house and after that run he stayed on the sidelines.
All in all I think Rockdale is going to be alot better than what was expected,with Alot of sophs and Jr's on the field .

Yoe_09
08-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
I went to the Rockdale / Elgin scrimmage not sure of the scoring it looked like the 1st teamers were in the first series and after that alot of backups were in. The Defense for Rockdale looked pretty dang good, Derek David is awesome, the pass defense looked a little shaky at times. Brooks at RB took one about 60 yds to the house and after that run he stayed on the sidelines.
All in all I think Rockdale is going to be alot better than what was expected,with Alot of sophs and Jr's on the field .

how was the QB play?

jayfan1
08-15-2010, 06:04 PM
How did the Needville scrimmages go?
Freshman?
JV?
and Varsity?

the genious
08-15-2010, 06:11 PM
1st teamers only
Columbus-0 Had a 70 yard run called back because of bogus holding call-Had starting lineman go down with knee injury he limped to lockerroom under own power after game though. Columbus could be a sleeper
Giddings-0 By far the deeper team thier 2nd team scored 2 times i think dont have the speed like last year fitzhenry will get it figured out

ssgmp5150
08-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Farmersville got dominated pretty good by Canton. The Farmers have a lot of areas to improve upon. Canton beat the Farmers 3-1 in the live portion of the scrimmage and moved the ball at will against their defense! The Farmers youth showed bigtime and if some kids can step up, then the Farmers will be competitive as they have some pretty good skill position players. However, if some of the kids on the line/linebackers/secondary, etc can't step up, then it may be a long season for the Farmers! Canton will be competitive in their district without a doubt, not sure if they can be district champs or not, but they should probably make the playoffs. Their quarterback is pretty salty.

Coach BS
08-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
how was the QB play? He actually looked really good calm , confident I was pretty impressed with his play. Looks like about 6'2" or so and beefed up a little since last year .The Rockdale O line was huge.

BILLYFRED0000
08-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Celina mixes it up so much it is hard to tell which team is on the field. They started on the 1's offense then promply put in the 2's then put in the 1st line with the second skill etc.

Celina 1st Offense looked great and scrored in 5 plays. When they started mixing in some 2's, things sputtered a bit. The first line with the second skill looked better than the second line with the second skill.

1st D stuggled for the first series, 2's looked about the same. Nolan drove the ball to the redzone and fumbled otherwise they would have scored. 1's came back in and dominated. Not sure if Celina scored again but I know that Nolan did not score all night.

In the live quarter, Celina won easily 14-0 and held the ball for 2/3 of the time.

Live quarter was penalty filled on both sides as I think that the refs must have gotten new whistles in the off season and needed to break them in.

The past two seasons have given me repesct the big TAPPS schools as they are pretty salty. TCA set the tone for our season last year and these guys beat them for the TAPPS champinship. I don't know what they lost but to beat TCA they had to be pretty good.

Nolan was pretty physical. They won the tapps title last two years. I talked to a couple of the guys and they were suprised that we dominated them with the number ones in so easily in many aspects. But like you said, coach kept subbin so much and we did not even have a score card. Could not even tell who was in half the time with the practice jerseys on.

Gsquared
08-16-2010, 08:04 AM
To me, Celina looked good in most areas. Was really impressed with the center as well as the rest of the O-Line. Thats another bruising running game Celina is going to have again this year. The defense didnt look as big as last year but alot better!~

gatordaze
08-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
To me, Celina looked good in most areas. Was really impressed with the center as well as the rest of the O-Line. Thats another bruising running game Celina is going to have again this year. The defense didnt look as big as last year but alot better!~

That is with our 6'4" 305 lb All-State Shot Putter and top OL on the sideline in a boot until week 4!

Gsquared
08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
That is with our 6'4" 305 lb All-State Shot Putter and top OL on the sideline in a boot until week 4!
Oh dang!!!! Was really impressed with how agressive the whole defense was.

BILLYFRED0000
08-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Oh dang!!!! Was really impressed with how agressive the whole defense was.
And that was the starting defensive end on the sideline on crutches and he will be back in about 4 weeks give or take as well.

LE Dad
08-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Oh dang!!!! Was really impressed with how agressive the whole defense was. C'mon G2, give us the scoop on Lovejoy.:D

I know you have the details.:)

Gsquared
08-16-2010, 08:46 AM
C'mon G2, give us the scoop on Lovejoy.:D

Ok, heres the deal with Lovejoy. First off, Michael Means and thier best O and D lineman both didnt suit up or play. Even withough Michael Means, the Lovejoy offense was pretty potent. HOWEVER, the defense looked very shaky. Kaufman ran the ball at will. The Kaufman offensive line was getting a big push on the Lovejoy D Line all morning. The Lovejoy secondary was making way to many tackles. The Lovejoy linebackers were not very fast. This being said, I think it will help when that lineman is back for Lovejoy but those linebackers are going to have to step it up for Lovejoy to live up to that # 1 ranking. I want to go get another look at them this week with all thier bullets loaded in the chamber. Anybody know when and where they scrimmage McKinney North this week?

fresh-j
08-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Michael Means and thier best O and D lineman

He must have really beefed up since last season!!!!!!! :D

Gsquared
08-16-2010, 09:50 AM
He must have really beefed up since last season!!!!!!! :D
Umm, yeah sure.

fresh-j
08-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Umm, yeah sure.

Yes

Gsquared
08-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Yes
Maybe :D

fresh-j
08-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Maybe :D

Perhaps :cool:

WOS1
08-16-2010, 11:03 AM
WOS lost to Dayton 24-0 in the 4 qtr game scrimmage. Both teams subbed in quite a bit so it's really hard to determine what was first team and what was second. If I had to guess, I would say Dayton 14-0 on first teams (halftime score). It was 7-0 until very late in the first half.

WOS defense looked good to start, but tired late in the first half because our offense couldn't piss a drop. Defense gave the offense some good field position, but could not do anything with it.

Dayton looks very good for this early. WOS has a long way to go. They have more size but that size still hasn't blocked anyone, yet... I think the defense will be stout by the season start. Hopefully, the offense will come along.

MUSTANG69
08-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Does anyone have info on Aransas Pass, Goliad and Rockport-Fulton?

Phil C
08-16-2010, 02:28 PM
pilot point 8
vernon 1

I think what happened was that Pilot Point scored a touchdown and kicked the extra point but Vernon blocked it and was running it back for two points but was hit before he scored and fumbled the ball. A Pilot Point picked it up and was trying to run it back and score but he too was it and fumbled and a Vernon player picked it up and ran it back to the end zone and by then there was only one point allowed. Later Pilot Point got a safety which made the final score 8 - 1. :)

Phil C
08-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Cuero 4
Lockhart 0

A great defensive scrimage with Cuero scoring on two safeties thanks to great defensive play. :)

Gsquared
08-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
A great defensive scrimage with Cuero scoring on two safeties thanks to great defensive play. :)
:clap:

playnhurt
08-17-2010, 10:01 AM
I heard some scuttle that Ganado beat Goliad and Victoria East beat Rockport-Fulton. Have not talked to anybody from those towns yet.

garciap77
08-17-2010, 10:31 AM
C'mon G2, give us the scoop on Lovejoy.:D

Hey is that my kitty cat?????:D

;)

LE Dad
08-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Hey is that my kitty cat?????:D

;) :thumbsup: Sure nuff... Told ya it would make a good avatar!!

Thanks for finding him.:D