PDA

View Full Version : FW Polytechnic Parrots

Phantom Stang
08-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Fort Worth Polytechnic

District 12-3A

Coach: Othell Robinson

Last season: (6-5, 2-4 in 7-4A); lost to Stephenville in first round of playoffs

Key players: LB Christian George; LB Ray Bars; OL Juan Alvarez; RB Ashton Parks

The big picture: Polytechnic, which moved down to 3A this year, will play unfamiliar teams in its new district, but the Parrots are building on last year's success. Coach Othell Robinson said he expects many of his younger and inexperienced players to step up and contribute this season. Charles Lincoln, a receiver and safety, and receiver/cornerback Larry Medford will be important parts of Poly's passing game and pass defense.

Quotable: "I always expect us to compete. There will be some very talented teams that are very good. Our goal is always to make the playoffs. I think our kids will respond well. I'm hoping our hard work will pay off." -- coach Othell Robinson

"We want to make the second round of the playoffs this year. We really should win a lot of our games." -- Ray Bars

Notable: Poly's new district foes are Fort Worth Diamond Hill-Jarvis, Dallas Smith, Dallas Roosevelt, Dallas Madison and Carrollton Ranchview.

Copied from

this (http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/07/2390568/previews-for-fw-polytechnic-fw.html) article.

Matthew328
08-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Go Parrots!