PDA

View Full Version : Lunch today

Gsquared
08-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Think im going with the BBQ Chedder burger at Whataburger.

44INAROW
08-13-2010, 10:57 AM
I think I'm going to skip lunch today.. for breakfast, I had a Sausage BOB from Whataburger and she hooked me up (double meat) and Grande sweet tea.. having Mexican Buffet tonight for the golf tourney.. YUM - Fajitas :) Tomorrow - turkey dinner and Sunday - Fried Chicken.. Yea Baby :)

That BBQ Cheddar commercial is a good one............ I haven't tried it yet.. let us know how it is?

Gsquared
08-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I think I'm going to skip lunch today.. for breakfast, I had a Sausage BOB from Whataburger and she hooked me up (double meat) and Grande sweet tea.. having Mexican Buffet tonight for the golf tourney.. YUM - Fajitas :) Tomorrow - turkey dinner and Sunday - Fried Chicken.. Yea Baby :)

That BBQ Cheddar commercial is a good one............ I haven't tried it yet.. let us know how it is?
Dang L, I shoulda ate breakfast with you!

BwdLion73
08-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I've been eating light... working to get in shape for the M & G season since I have 16 to attend.

:) :kiss:

waterboy
08-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I've been eating light... working to get in shape for the M & G season since I have 16 to attend.

Awww.....y'all have M&Gs at your JV games? it's a shame you won't be able to make more than 6 JV games, because that's probably the only way you'll be able to make "16" M&Gs.:D

BwdLion73
08-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Awww.....y'all have M&Gs at your JV games? it's a shame you won't be able to make more than 6 JV games, because that's probably the only way you'll be able to make "16" M&Gs.:D

:p :D

waterboy
08-13-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm on a diet, too. So far, I've lost 18 lbs. in the last 4 weeks. Still got a ways to go, but my eating habits are a changing....:clap:

44INAROW
08-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm on a diet, too. So far, I've lost 18 lbs. in the last 4 weeks. Still got a ways to go, but my eating habits are a changing....:clap:

keep it up.. I need to do that myself.......... maybe after this weekend :)

garciap77
08-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73

Dang! You not having a M&G at your Scrimmage Games?:D

;)

GreenMonster
08-13-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm on a diet, too. So far, I've lost 18 lbs. in the last 4 weeks. Still got a ways to go, but my eating habits are a changing....:clap: Amen to that, I've dropped 25 in 6 weeks. Funny how easy it was to get way overweight and way out of shape while coaching. You'd think it would be easier to lose not gain. Too many long days followed by late nights at a DQ, Whataburger, or Chicken Express only to wake up on the run again and a stop at McDonald's or Carl's Jr for breakfast. Sugar, caffein, and high fat diets just to keep going take a serious toll on the human body. I feel like the dude that did the documentary, "Supersize Me." I finally had enough and went to my physician and told him that i had a problem and needed help. He set me up with another Dr that helps get people like me straightened back out. He put me on an appetite suppressor and a low fat, low carb diet and limits my caloric intake to 1800 a day. I've lost enough now to begin some light exercise without further damaging my knees and ankles. Started the summer at 302 :eek: was at 277 yesterday before practice started. Headed in the right direction and with a little dedication mixed with some hard work I might break 200 by Christmas which is the goal. I have too many babies and too much to live for than to continue to kill myself slowly with poor eating and exercise habits. I already feel tremendously better and my BP is back to where it was when I was still playing ball in college.

waterboy
08-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Amen to that, I've dropped 25 in 6 weeks. Funny how easy it was to get way overweight and way out of shape while coaching. You'd think it would be easier to lose not gain. Too many long days followed by late nights at a DQ, Whataburger, or Chicken Express only to wake up on the run again and a stop at McDonald's or Carl's Jr for breakfast. Sugar, caffein, and high fat diets just to keep going take a serious toll on the human body. I feel like the dude that did the documentary, "Supersize Me." I finally had enough and went to my physician and told him that i had a problem and needed help. He set me up with another Dr that helps get people like me straightened back out. He put me on an appetite suppressor and a low fat, low carb diet and limits my caloric intake to 1800 a day. I've lost enough now to begin some light exercise without further damaging my knees and ankles. Started the summer at 302 :eek: was at 277 yesterday before practice started. Headed in the right direction and with a little dedication mixed with some hard work I might break 200 by Christmas which is the goal. I have too many babies and too much to live for than to continue to kill myself slowly with poor eating and exercise habits. I already feel tremendously better and my BP is back to where it was when I was still playing ball in college.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Good for you! I didn't go through all of that, but my doctor kind of dropped a bomb shell on me recently about my blood sugar being too high. I weighed 228 about a month ago before I had some minor surgery. Right now I'm down to 210. I still need to lose at least another 20 lbs. to get down to where I need to be. The further along you get in any weight loss program short of a crash diet (fasting) the slower the weight comes off. I've changed to diet sodas, no (almost) fried foods, smaller portions, no white bread, rolls, or buns, no sugar-laden anything....and it's working. I feel much better already.

lulu
08-13-2010, 01:20 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Good for you! I didn't go through all of that, but my doctor kind of dropped a bomb shell on me recently about my blood sugar being too high. I weighed 228 about a month ago before I had some minor surgery. Right now I'm down to 210. I still need to lose at least another 20 lbs. to get down to where I need to be. The further along you get in any weight loss program short of a crash diet (fasting) the slower the weight comes off. I've changed to diet sodas, no (almost) fried foods, smaller portions, no white bread, rolls, or buns, no sugar-laden anything....and it's working. I feel much better already.

Keep it up.....I guess I'm eating crow.

Not very tasty. lol

waterboy
08-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Keep it up.....I guess I'm eating crow.

Not very tasty. lol
:confused: Why are you eating crow?

:thinking: Although, I do hear many recipes for it, and that it is non-fattening.:p

lulu
08-13-2010, 01:46 PM
:confused: Why are you eating crow?

:thinking: Although, I do hear many recipes for it, and that it is non-fattening.:p

Over my rant on the coaching scam

Good thing it's not fattening. Diabetic you know...gotta keep those fats and calories down.

MUSTANG69
08-13-2010, 01:55 PM

I know a faster way! Just get a new set of upper dentures. I lost 10 lbs the first week after getting them. You have to learn to eat all over. I hate these d_mn things but I went from 229 to 218 in one week.:mad:

lulu
08-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I know a faster way! Just get a new set of upper dentures. I lost 10 lbs the first week after getting them. You have to learn to eat all over. I hate these d_mn things but I went from 229 to 218 in one week.:mad:

Hey maybe i'll try that.:D

Yoe_09
08-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Well I weighed about 200lbs. about a year and a half ago and thought that had to change. I basically ate all the same foods I had ate before but I drank like no sodas(including diet). I started drinking basically a lot of water and I cut down on snacks....and now im at 170...but still wanna get down to 160 so we will see.

MUSTANG69
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Hey maybe i'll try that.:D

You might want to rethink that. New dentures can be very painful for quite a long time until they can get them adjusted right.:(

lulu
08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
You might want to rethink that. New dentures can be very painful for quite a long time until they can get them adjusted right.:(

my daddy hated his. thought it was going to be the greatest thing but NOT

garciap77
08-13-2010, 04:24 PM

A beer diet is the another good way to loose weight!!! :D

sinton66
08-14-2010, 08:01 AM

I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about three weeks ago and have started on meds (Actoplus Met) to control it. Switched off from sugar in my coffee to Splenda and it's not bad at all. No bad aftertaste like some other artificial sweetners. On the soda front, my son introduced me to Coke Zero. Taste is close to original coke and has zero sugar, zero calories. For bread, check out Nature's Own Sourdough Light. Only 40 calories per slice, 5 calories from fat(1 %) and only 1g of sugar (3% total carbs, 8% fiber and 0% cholesterol).

lulu
08-14-2010, 11:52 AM
your on the right track. don't know if you remember how scared I was las Oct. when I was diagnosed but I was. All is good now...my A1C stays at 6 or under. You will do great. Good luck. It's not bad at all once you get your feet wet.:)