PDA

View Full Version : The "New" Voice of Rockdale Tiger Football

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-12-2010, 01:57 PM
The new Lead/Play-by-Play reporter for KRXT 98.5 in Rockdale is going to be none other than Jay Davis.

Jay isn't a stranger to Tiger fans, as he has been the sideline reporter at football games, along with being the lone live-action reporter for Rockdale Tiger and Lady Tiger Basketball, Baseball, and Volleyball matches.

Being replaced after countless years of being the voice of Tiger Football is Charlie McGregor, who did a great job and has been calling Rockdale games longer than I've been alive. I'm sure I can speak for lots of Tiger fans when I say he will always be remembered for that voice and one of the biggest supporters of the young athletes of our neighborhood.

I'm really excited for Jay to take over, I had the opportunity to get to know him quite well over my years of playing for Rockdale, and he genuinely cares about the athletic success and personal development of the students. Even though playing a sport for Rockdale with coverage by our local radio station isn't exactly big spotlight on a big stage, he certainly does his best to make the kids feel like they're doing something.

Just wanted to take the chance to give Jay a shout out, and say thanks and congratulations; I'm sure most Tiger students and fans share my opinion. :clap: :thumbsup:

http://www.krxt985.com/index.htm

87 TIGER
08-12-2010, 02:09 PM
We also will have a new voice at the football games. Rick Vacilin retired and will be replaced by Alan Sanders.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
We also will have a new voice at the football games. Rick Vacilin retired and will be replaced by Alan Sanders.

Big Al just does everything it seems. Head Football Coach/Athletic Director. Principal. PA Announcer at Football Games.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER

I will say I did enjoy Mr. Vaculin's commentary. He has also been the announcer longer than I've been around I'd be willing to bet. He was probably one of the best PA announcers that I heard at the high school level.

Yoe_09
08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
uh o is McGregor coming back to Cameron again?

Old Tiger
08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Maybe I'll actually know whats going on during a game when I listen to them on the radio.

Johnny Utah
08-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Mr. McGregor was very good, as was Mr. V. Good luck to Mr. Sanders, he is a man of many hats and has been very very loyal to Rockdale. Hope they see that.

Yoe_09
08-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Mr. McGregor was very good, as was Mr. V. Good luck to Mr. Sanders, he is a man of many hats and has been very very loyal to Rockdale. Hope they see that.

Very true. Mr. McGregor was a great announcer over they years. In Cameron he called some great games and was even named top Yoemen Athletic Booster Club Member one year. Then he goes to Rockdale and finishes out his career there. Congratulations.

87 TIGER
08-13-2010, 09:06 AM
McGregor is not done for good. His grandson will be playing football in Temple on Fri. nights and he is gonna watch him. He still owns the radio station I'm sure he will be back in a couple of years. He has a grandson here in Rockdale also I think he is in 8th or 9th so i'm sure he will want to watch him also.

Milk That Cow
08-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Has Sanders Retired?

87 TIGER
08-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Has Sanders Retired? no, i think he is the jr high principal

Johnny Utah
08-14-2010, 11:39 AM
He will never retire.