PDA

View Full Version : The Two-Headed Mathis Monster

Blastoderm55
08-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Story and video (http://www.kristv.com/news/the-two-headed-mathis-monster/)

MUSTANG69
08-12-2010, 03:06 PM
The Mathis coach says his OL hasn't stepped up. He better fix that. If he doesn't it will not matter how good Butler and Washington are.

Blastoderm55
08-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Sandbagging. The line is fine.

CueroDad08
08-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Maybe they will meet someone with speed down the road........

bigwood33
08-12-2010, 09:17 PM
My favorite line from the article.

"We fast, we can run, we listen to coach, we do everything coach tell us to do," said Washington.

CueroDad08
08-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
My favorite line from the article.

"We fast, we can run, we listen to coach, we do everything coach tell us to do," said Washington.

I second that one, Thats why I had to say, maybe they will run into someone who has speed and WILL stop the run.

Johnny Utah
08-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Watched Mathis a few years ago lose to the Gobblers like 55-0 in the playoffs. Now, they are much better than then, but I agree with the head coaches view that the other Pirates are the team to beat right now, Ingleside and the Green Pirates will also be very tough. Running that type of offense your O-Line and QB better be very very solid for sure. Should be an exciting district race for sure. Just dont like it when players say they are unstoppable on media outlets....makes coaches cringe!

IHStangFan
08-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
I second that one, Thats why I had to say, maybe they will run into someone who has speed and WILL stop the run. We all know Cuero's tradition and whatnot, but don't kid yourself partner...you guys have a lot of question marks yourselves this year. Cuero is pretty much in the same boat. With that said, I hope Coach Owens gets those boys on the right track and they pick up where they left off. :)

CueroDad08
08-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
We all know Cuero's tradition and whatnot, but don't kid yourself partner...you guys have a lot of question marks yourselves this year. Cuero is pretty much in the same boat. With that said, I hope Coach Owens gets those boys on the right track and they pick up where they left off. :)

Just for your info IHStangFan...........The Gobblers will be even better than the last time your Mustangs had your shot at em.

MUSTANG69
08-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Just for your info IHStangFan...........The Gobblers will be even better than the last time your Mustangs had your shot at em.

You may be right about that but then Ingleside may be better than they were last year. We will not know about either team until the season's been played.

Johnny Utah
08-14-2010, 11:36 AM
If Ingleside is better than they were last year they must have a stud OB, Studs in the O and D Line and all that good stuff. Cuero is well coached, new and old faces on that staff. The Gobblers are the favorites every year and should be. If Sinton stays healthy.....look out.

ol country boy
08-14-2010, 12:57 PM
easy boys.....Ingleside has some big shoes to fill for this upcoming year.....

Cuero is Cuero....enough said

99IHSMustang
08-14-2010, 01:33 PM
I think Mathis will be fine and do well with Butler and Washington, but they better not get big headed. I remember several years ago when West Oso had had a triple threat in the backfield and were expected to do great things and it just fizzled out. They didn't even make it to the playoffs. The kids sometimes forget that it is a team effort and get to focused on what they want to accomplish individually.

Its going to be interesting to see what Ingleside is going to bring to the table this year. Big unkown to me.... :thinking: